Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 11:17 AM

4,336 posts, read 2,524,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I believe there are more women on prescription mind altering drugs the there are men so men need to beware. I also believe women are "pickier" then men. Bottom lin is it is not easy meeting the right person.
It's not that women are "picky." It is that they are radically disinterested in men.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:20 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,762,583 times

Some of ya'll are really doing the most...suggesting society is going to collapse because things are changing in a way you don't agree with or feel comfortable with....talk about being dramatic. Gimme a freaking break. Reminds me of this tweet I saw that basically said in a nutshell, that this is the first time in history that people are learning they have to be "likable" in order to be in a relationship, and a lot of folks don't know how to do that. And it's showing very clearly in some of these posts.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:23 AM

1,655 posts, read 783,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It's not that women are "picky." It is that they are radically disinterested in men.
Couldn’t mind altering drugs make people more prone to being disinterested (along with societal forces too)?

Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 AM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Some of ya'll are really doing the most...suggesting society is going to collapse because things are changing in a way you don't agree with or feel comfortable with....talk about being dramatic. Gimme a freaking break.
I agree, this 'apocalyptic' BS is ridiculous.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Some of ya'll are really doing the most...suggesting society is going to collapse because things are changing in a way you don't agree with or feel comfortable with....talk about being dramatic. Gimme a freaking break.
People have always predicted collapse. Go to the politics or economics forum and you’ll see it there too. At some point the predictions could be right — I kinda lean toward the arguments for why the world won’t be a better place in 50 or 100+ years. It feels like the social, political and economic predictions are all kinda coming together to a point where maybe things do take a drastically different course than what we are used to.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:28 AM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This is nuts.

I do not see ANY of that happening.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:32 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,762,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
I agree, this 'apocalyptic' BS is ridiculous.
What makes it even more dumb is that the ones who are arguing this don't realize how much of a self drag it is. "In order to reset the balance, we may need total economic collapse" or insert whatever other apocalyptic scenario they can think of. But it translates to "in order for us to get relationships people have to be in a desperate state." Which basically proves the author's point in the article. They don't have the skills or lack the motivation necessary to be a good, likable, and WHOLE person. They think desperation and complete dependance is the only way for them to get what they want. Which is sad.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
What makes it even more dumb is that the ones who are arguing this don't realize how much of a self drag it is. "In order to reset the balance, we may need total economic collapse" or insert whatever other apocalyptic scenario they can think of. But it translates to "in order for us to get relationships people have to be in a desperate state." Which basically proves the author's point in the article. They don't have the skills or lack the motivation necessary to be a good, likable, and WHOLE person. They think desperation and complete dependance is the only way for them to get what they want. Which is sad.
It proves how extremely deeply flawed (and probably irredeemable) the human race is.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Another problem is demographics - more men are born than women. Worldwide, the sex ratio at birth averages between 103 to 106 males born for every 100 females.
In NYC, dating aged females outnumber dating aged males. Guys there are struggling just as much as guys anywhere else.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I don’t think anyone is predicting some collapse for selfish reasons where they will be smothered in women in the next 3 years. You quoted me, but I’m a person that has had relationships and has been with more women that I should have. And we are talking 20-30+ years out here to where society may be going — most of us will be well past our prime dating years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships