Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 11:45 AM

4,338 posts, read 2,534,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I don’t think anyone is predicting some collapse for selfish reasons where they will be smothered in women in the next 3 years. You quoted me, but I’m a person that has had relationships and has been with more women that I should have. And we are talking 20-30+ years out here to where society may be going — most of us will be well past our prime dating years.
20-30 years is far too long a timeline. Try 2-5 years.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
My gf happily disagrees with you.
Not all women, of course, but just in general. Women who are actually interested in men, and have realistic expectations, get snatched off the market incredibly quickly.

BTW, the girlfriend/boyfriend dynamic is dying. Perpetual loneliness/sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men of today. Men with wives or gfs will be almost like a "privileged" class.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:44 PM

1,655 posts, read 785,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Not all women, of course, but just in general. Women who are actually interested in men, and have realistic expectations, get snatched off the market incredibly quickly.
It seems like many of the down to earth women I see that seem to be good wives were married kinda young…like before 22-23 years old. Often both partners are somewhat religious. I’m just speculating but perhaps running the dating/hookup gauntlet of the 20s and early 30s doesn’t really help women (or men) become better marriage partners long term.

Old 08-25-2022, 01:02 PM

5,807 posts, read 3,294,811 times
Quote:

BTW, the girlfriend/boyfriend dynamic is dying. Perpetual loneliness/sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men of today. Men with wives or gfs will be almost like a "privileged" class.
Soooo, you think these women are a minority? And in your estimation...sincerely asking, what are realistic expectations?

Old 08-25-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Soooo, you think these women are a minority?
Yes. The vast majority of women are either entirely apathetic towards men, or actively avoiding them.

Quote:
And in your estimation...sincerely asking, what are realistic expectations?
Someone roughly on their level. For example, an average Jane should be expecting to pair up with an average Joe, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
It seems like many of the down to earth women I see that seem to be good wives were married kinda young…like before 22-23 years old. Often both partners are somewhat religious. I’m just speculating but perhaps running the dating/hookup gauntlet of the 20s and early 30s doesn’t really help women (or men) become better marriage partners long term.
Oh, no, the "casual dating"/"hookup" paradigm leaves just about everyone jaded, bitter, and deeply unsatisfied. But as I said earlier, there is no putting this genie back in the bottle.

Old 08-25-2022, 01:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,912,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
This is where the angry incel type gets it wrong. It's one thing to understand human nature and try to adapt to it or accept your place in it, it's another to see human nature for what it is and be bitter over it and judge women as being evil over it. Men and women in these discussions both seem to have a sort of contempt for the other sex that doesn't lead to anything constructive and leads to a lot of discontented people. The world, and human nature, is what it is, not what we want it to be. Adapt or die(or be removed from the gene pool). And yes some of our traditional values were designed as group adaptations to the reality of human nature but for good or ill those values are being discarded, so you have to adapt to that as well. All the wishing in the world won't change that.
Thank you, and the more gracefully one adapts the more attractive they appear.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:38 PM

20,498 posts, read 14,861,571 times
Quote:
Yes. The vast majority of women are either entirely apathetic towards men, or actively avoiding them.

Are you including the approximate HALF of adult American women, who are married, in this "vast majority?"

You probably should. But I think that their reasons for being apathetic to your advances probably have more merit than you might wish to believe.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:43 PM

1,483 posts, read 693,504 times
Quote:

I do not agree with the bold.

As far as the rest of it... please. Ridiculous hyperbolic 'red pill' BS.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:51 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,736,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Some of ya'll are really doing the most...suggesting society is going to collapse because things are changing in a way you don't agree with or feel comfortable with....talk about being dramatic. Gimme a freaking break. Reminds me of this tweet I saw that basically said in a nutshell, that this is the first time in history that people are learning they have to be "likable" in order to be in a relationship, and a lot of folks don't know how to do that. And it's showing very clearly in some of these posts.
Right??? Seriously laughable.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:42 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,912,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
What makes it even more dumb is that the ones who are arguing this don't realize how much of a self drag it is. "In order to reset the balance, we may need total economic collapse" or insert whatever other apocalyptic scenario they can think of. But it translates to "in order for us to get relationships people have to be in a desperate state." Which basically proves the author's point in the article. They don't have the skills or lack the motivation necessary to be a good, likable, and WHOLE person. They think desperation and complete dependance is the only way for them to get what they want. Which is sad.
Like the private rep I got: “women dont have to list their bust size but men have to list their height!”
wit? Just straw man arguments and insecurities that have nothing to do with any of my posts. I’d walk away from that guy in public in a second, while he yelled after me: “you think you’re not average?!”

Such a lack of comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships