Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 03:59 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,256,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Number of lonely, single men is on the rise as women with higher dating standards look for partners who are are 'emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values', says psychologist

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ely-single-men
I think what this is more reflective of is the idea that you must seek a partner.

Being single doesn't mean being lonely. I don't think it's on the rise this is probably been part of our species since Mesopotamia.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:25 PM

4,644 posts, read 1,818,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Women are not rejecting men because they aren't rich enough, or tall enough, or good looking or high status enough. They are doing so because they are not interested in men, period. The women of today are incredibly aloof and frigid.
Wrong.

Women today aren't "aloof and frigid." They smart. They don't want a guy who primarily wants sex.

Women as a whole are not STUPID.

Despite what some of you guys THINK they "should" be.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:46 PM

1,655 posts, read 783,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Wrong.

Women today aren't "aloof and frigid." They smart. They don't want a guy who primarily wants sex.

I don’t think it means women are stupid but a lot of guys are getting sex from them…the women often want it too. I’ve said it before but if a woman wants to weed out those men…don’t entertain or talk about being physical for months….95% of those men wanting sex will not stick around.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:54 PM

20,457 posts, read 14,818,651 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Even the few women out there who for whatever reason are OK with a man who primarily wants sex, and are primarily looking for something casual themselves...most that I've known are sick to death of typical guys dishing out mediocre (or worse) experiences.

I've seen some folks say something to the effect that sex is like pizza, in that even when it's bad it's still good. Well, I disagree on both counts. I would rather go without than have bad sex or eat bad pizza. A Tombstone brand frozen fling is of no interest!

I feel like there's got to be a good joke about "New York Style" in here somewhere, but it's beyond me to put it together. Deep dish? Stuffed crust? No?

The issue that I have though, with this kind of reasoning... There are plenty of men who really do want loving, committed relationships. BUT. That alone does not make them special, desirable, or dateable. They think it SHOULD, just like opening doors or using basic manners. They believe that because of this pernicious myth that men are all just running around acting the hound dog, that if THEY say they want the real thing, then women should be grateful and excited about this.

Well... First of all, ya still have to make that connection, a woman's got to like ya, right?

And secondly, how can we really know, when it's been men's classic game to lie about their intentions in the playing of the "game" for...well...forever? Right? But even if I give a man the benefit of the doubt, just because he wants a wife was never gonna mean that I would want it to be ME.

And part of the problem was just what we see where guys are not willing to hear it about the real substance of those decisions. How it was never really about amazing good looks or a fat wallet. It was about character, values, humor, it was always about all the factors that make up the answer to one simple question...

How does this person make me feel?

How I want to feel with a man that I might continue dating, sleep with, have a relationship with... Seen, heard, desired, I want that each of us can make the other laugh, I want sparkling eyes and intellectual stimulation with just a dash of mystery or intrigue on the side. I want to feel engaged, excited and curious. But that is just me, though. Other women? They want other things.

In Cincinnati they sweeten the red sauce, even at the pizza chain places like Pizza Hut, you know, and some people, the Cincinnati people...they eat it up. Not me. Some like it sugary sweet...some like it scorching hot and a little spicy. I hear some folks are even into pineapple, like hey, whatever floats your boat I say.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:10 PM

4,644 posts, read 1,818,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I don’t think it means women are stupid but a lot of guys are getting sex from them…the women often want it too. I’ve said it before but if a woman wants to weed out those men…don’t entertain or talk about being physical for months….95% of those men wanting sex will not stick around.
Do those women actually WANT it, or do they just "do it" in order to keep the guy?

Old 08-25-2022, 05:16 PM

1,655 posts, read 783,594 times
Quote:
Do those women actually WANT it, or do they just "do it" in order to keep the guy?
If a discussion can open up into being physical within hours or half day of texting…and both people are talking about what they want to do…I can only assume both want it. Once a woman is into talking about cuddling or wishing we were cuddled up….it’s pretty obvious that’s leading to physical “love” because almost no woman will stop at cuddling once in the moment. Cuddling leads to bodies against each other…which put ears close to whisper into…which put lips near necks…a hand that can innocently grab near that pelvis bone on your side or rest on the inner thigh…so on and so on until light kisses on the neck…kiss on the lips…neck grabbed while kissing…no turning back at this point.

Last edited by GoAmericaGo; 08-25-2022 at 05:28 PM..

Old 08-25-2022, 05:31 PM

306 posts, read 533,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
A lot of women are wising up to this and starting to hold out on sex until we have a better idea what the guys intentions truly are. (I would personally recommend this to any woman on the dating market. Sex can be fun but lying players don't deserve it. Its not THAT fun, especially when dealing with the aftermath of realizing some manchild pretty much conned you just so he could have another notch. Tell those suckers 'No way' until one has proven himself worthy of it.)

Of course we are getting called names for it like picky princesses and frigid cold aloof etc.

If we have sex we are trollops and hussies and definitely not wifey material

And finally we are blamed for the imminent downfall of civilization.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:36 PM

62,120 posts, read 87,960,549 times
Way too much gender bashing.
Closed for Mods review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships