Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2022, 01:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times

Advertisements

Crickets

Old 11-24-2022, 05:59 PM

867 posts, read 457,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Coddled men? When?

Yeah , l'd like to hear about that to and just wth it's suppose to mean, not to mention just what world that was in. .

Anyway op , l'd honestly , as a guy 50s now, have no idea what all these women your reading are on about, really ! They usually don't even know or realize the "real" reason they're single which is usually something about them but it won't be their age. Bc 30s, it's a great age, prefect really. Great age for a family, great bc women are maturing through 30s and knowing who they are and what they want, they prob have work or careers and on good ground financially, and on and on it goes. Not to mention it's a gorgeous time looks wise , just to name a few.
Another thing is it seems like a fairly common age these days in guys wanting to start settling down too - where as that use to be 20s for both but it's more often moved into 30s these days.
Anyway , agree with everyone else stop reading all this poisoness rubbish by bitter angry messed up people out there. Women or men , of any age , find love again - everyday! Hell l've heard plenty of stories of either even in their 70s.

Last edited by randomx; 11-24-2022 at 06:30 PM..

Old 11-24-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Yeah , l'd like to hear about that to and just wth it's suppose to mean, not to mention just what world that was in. .

Anyway op , l'd honestly , as a guy 50s now, have no idea what all these women your reading are on about, really ! They usually don't even know or realize the "real" reason they're single which is usually something about them but it won't be their age. Bc 30s, it's a great age, prefect really. Great age for a family, great bc women are maturing through 30s and knowing who they are and what they want, they prob have work or careers and on good ground financially, and on and on it goes. Not to mention it's a gorgeous time looks wise , just to name a few.
Another thing is it seems like a fairly common age these days in guys wanting to start settling down too - where as that use to be 20s for both but it's more often moved into 30s these days.
Anyway , agree with everyone else stop reading all this poisoness rubbish by bitter angry messed up people out there. Women or men , of any age , find love again - everyday! Hell l've heard plenty of stories of either even in their 70s.
I agree. My lil sis just got engaged at that age. The only issue I have is that being a family man is looked down on these days. Media is a reflection of society. If you look at the shows nowadays it's not to kind to 9-5 John who WANTS to come home to his wife and kids. Men adapt to what women want from them.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:01 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,688 times
The first sentence struck me. "Got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and am finally ready to date again." After just a few months? Why not take a longer break from dating and think about why your long term relationship failed? You talk about several failed relationships, feeding your brain "hate" and being suspicious about men. To me, you aren't ready to date. Because you really need to step back and think about why your relationships failed and what your part in that was. You cannot go forward to try to love someone new unless you face your own demons.

Honestly, I don't understand why women are so afraid to be alone. Why not take up some new hobbies, meet new female friends, take some classes, improve yourself? Why are you so focused on dating again after just a few months alone?

Old 11-25-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
The first sentence struck me. "Got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and am finally ready to date again." After just a few months? Why not take a longer break from dating and think about why your long term relationship failed? You talk about several failed relationships, feeding your brain "hate" and being suspicious about men. To me, you aren't ready to date. Because you really need to step back and think about why your relationships failed and what your part in that was. You cannot go forward to try to love someone new unless you face your own demons.

Honestly, I don't understand why women are so afraid to be alone. Why not take up some new hobbies, meet new female friends, take some classes, improve yourself? Why are you so focused on dating again after just a few months alone?
Growing old alone isn't kind to anyone.

Old 11-27-2022, 02:46 AM

63 posts, read 52,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post

Because I only have about 6 months before I turn 35 and I know it will be exponentially harder when crossing that barrier.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:58 AM

217 posts, read 148,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
Hi all,

I got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and I’m finally ready to date again. However, after reading through multiple dating forums (Reddit) and here, I’m reaching the conclusion that as a 34 year old woman, my chances of getting into a successful long term relationship are…abysmal.

According to the internet posters nowadays I’m “Post wall” in terms of fertility and attractiveness. Even men my age would rather date a woman in their 20s. Women in their 30s are just seen for hook ups only.

I’ve been distraught these last few weeks at the idea that it’s over for me. It wasn’t like I was “riding the c**** carousel” throughout my 20s- just the long term relationships I was in were not successful (I also moved states twice for work which didn’t help). Reading through Reddit forums and this forum has made me seriously depressed and I no longer want to put an effort in anything in my life. Because face it, it’s over for me as a woman at my age.

Every time I try to stop reading this type of content, I end up getting pulled back in and feeding my brain more hate. I’ve also looked at the men I do end up having dates with suspiciously, like they’re not going to take me seriously as a long term prospect due to my age.

At a loss, and only 34.
Win at life, get your career in gear, make some bank, don’t have kids, focus on health- yeah the boys will comeback.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinpuncher View Post
Win at life, get your career in gear, make some bank, don’t have kids, focus on health- yeah the boys will comeback.
Sure. If you want a man dependent . The "boys" sure will come back. With just a suitcase and a part time job (if you are lucky). His nickname will be pookie and magically the miles on your leased car will double after he drops you off at work. A real catch.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:49 AM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
Because I only have about 6 months before I turn 35 and I know it will be exponentially harder when crossing that barrier.
That "barrier" is only in your mind. It certainly doesn't exist in real life.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:59 AM

217 posts, read 148,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Sure. If you want a man dependent . The "boys" sure will come back. With just a suitcase and a part time job (if you are lucky). His nickname will be pookie and magically the miles on your leased car will double after he drops you off at work. A real catch.
Do you think winning men want a lady who also isn’t winning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.