Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 05:26 PM

458 posts, read 330,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's just civil I'd guess.

I've known a few that I knew I wasn't right for them or dare I say good enough as such, but we still keep in touch on a strictly platonic level
Yeah...but if your were crazy in love with someone, really and deeply in love with them, I don't think it just goes away. It can't. At least not for me. My heart doesn't work like that. I had puppy love in high school and I had fun with that boy. I laughed so much. He broke up with me and he broke my heart. I didn't date for a while, but I got over him and never felt that much for him afterwards.

I wasn't mad or anything. I guess I just didn't love him like I thought. Next I got into my first adult relationship and I loved the sh*t out of him and I never stopped. I broke up with him because he just had control issues and played too many games. I knew it wasn't good so I got out.

Then I met my husband. He was and is such a kind guy. He was willing to give me anything and/or do anything except for kill for me. He's more of a ride or slide not a ride or die kinda of guy. He's a bit of a trickster. We have a playful relaxed love. It's good for the most part. We make a good team. He makes my life easier. We love each other.

But that one...I don't know why my mind always travels there. I've never synced with anyone like that before, mentally, spiritually, sexually. Perhaps...God will reveal the reason one day. I'm sure that I have not cultivated and harbored this love for the one who got away in vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 05:36 PM

19,467 posts, read 15,307,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
I never got over my first true love, I married her!
I'm always surprised, and a little bit impressed, when I hear someone married their first love and then went on to have a successful marriage. I say that only because you're, usually, pretty young and might not be making the right choices at the time. It's nice to hear, though.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,559,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
Yeah...but if your were crazy in love with someone, really and deeply in love with them, I don't think it just goes away. It can't. At least not for me. My heart doesn't work like that. I had puppy love in high school and I had fun with that boy. I laughed so much. He broke up with me and he broke my heart. I didn't date for a while, but I got over him and never felt that much for him afterwards.

I wasn't mad or anything. I guess I just didn't love him like I thought. Next I got into my first adult relationship and I loved the sh*t out of him and I never stopped. I broke up with him because he just had control issues and played too many games. I knew it wasn't good so I got out.

Then I met my husband. He was and is such a kind guy. He was willing to give me anything and/or do anything except for kill for me. He's more of a ride or slide not a ride or die kinda of guy. He's a bit of a trickster. We have a playful relaxed love. It's good for the most part. We make a good team. He makes my life easier. We love each other.

But that one...I don't know why my mind always travels there. I've never synced with anyone like that before, mentally, spiritually, sexually. Perhaps...God will reveal the reason one day. I'm sure that I have not cultivated and harbored this love for the one who got away in vain.
Oh my great post

Well the only woman I actually " loved " was my ex... ( Italian one..... Just in case you are lost lol )
and yeah I do miss it and her at times, however it got to the point where I accepted that we wasn't going to be together forever that made both splitting up and moving on much easier for me and I'm sure her.

It was heartbreaking as it was the happiest I've ever been ( even better than going out every night in my youth ) and I actually haven't got too involved since strongly with another woman since ( about 18 months now ). I was closed off because of the break up I'll admit at first but obviously I was fine shortly afterwards and as you know enjoying my freedom .

But to answer your question my love I really do think it's down to both realising and accepting that things have worked out better for the both of you than if you were together and are happier now..... Whether that she's with someone more suited or wanted kids etc basically something that I wasn't prepared to do or change at the time.

youll still have some respect or love for them as you spend a lengthy time together but seeing them happy in their current life will steer/prompt you to keep it platonic if you see?

This id obviously my opinion and how I look at it but again I'm really happy to see a few that I've I've known do well

Old 07-10-2016, 05:51 PM

914 posts, read 767,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm always surprised, and a little bit impressed, when I hear someone married their first love and then went on to have a successful marriage. I say that only because you're, usually, pretty young and might not be making the right choices at the time. It's nice to hear, though.
Thank you

Old 07-10-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Oh my great post

Well the only woman I actually " loved " was my ex... ( Italian one..... Just in case you are lost lol )
and yeah I do miss it and her at times, however it got to the point where I accepted that we wasn't going to be together forever that made both splitting up and moving on much easier for me and I'm sure her.

It was heartbreaking as it was the happiest I've ever been ( even better than going out every night in my youth ) and I actually haven't got too involved since strongly with another woman since ( about 18 months now ). I was closed off because of the break up I'll admit at first but obviously I was fine shortly afterwards and as you know enjoying my freedom .

But to answer your question my love I really do think it's down to both realising and accepting that things have worked out better for the both of you than if you were together and are happier now..... Whether that she's with someone more suited or wanted kids etc basically something that I wasn't prepared to do or change at the time.

youll still have some respect or love for them as you spend a lengthy time together but seeing them happy in their current life will steer/prompt you to keep it platonic if you see?

This id obviously my opinion and how I look at it but again I'm really happy to see a few that I've I've known do well
Oh, the Italian. Veni Vidi Amavi! (We came, we saw, we loved). Do you think you will woo her back back when the time is right? You won't always be two ships passing in the night? Gah!!! I'm such a romantic!!

Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, the Italian. Veni Vidi Amavi! (We came, we saw, we loved). Do you think you will woo her back back when the time is right? You won't always be two ships passing in the night? Gah!!! I'm such a romantic!!
No she's in Italy! LOL

But sorry no when I said I missed her I mean the actual relationship part and being with someone.

I've slept with many old flames again but a serious relationship.... Romantically its done when it's done , I'd love to see how's she's doing but only in a platonic sense

Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
No she's in Italy! LOL

But sorry no when I said I missed her I mean the actual relationship part and being with someone.

I've slept with many old flames again but a serious relationship.... Romantically its done when it's done , I'd love to see how's she's doing but only in a platonic sense
Of course, but somehow I think platonic to you...means sleeping with her casually

Old 07-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Of course, but somehow I think platonic to you...means sleeping with her casually

You might not believe me LOL but I do have quite a few lady friends that I've not slept with or even made a move on ..... ( or them me! )

No but seriously you've got that wrong about this one

Old 07-10-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
You might not believe me LOL but I do have quite a few lady friends that I've not slept with or even made a move on ..... ( or them me! )

No but seriously you've got that wrong about this one
What? They said no? LOL!!!! Just playing! I'm sure your intentions are pure.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,743,217 times
Never worked out with any of my crushes.

The last one lasted about three years but I can't call it "love," the entire thing was very complicated and unusual. Sometimes I still wonder what if? I don't date, but for the most part I have gotten over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships