Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:45 PM

930 posts, read 2,427,847 times

Advertisements

Yes but if you were a smart single mom, your "good man" would be one with kids of his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,186,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Yes but if you were a smart single mom, your "good man" would be one with kids of his own.
Maybe he's been focusing on school and his career and he is just now ready to settle down......not all good men get married right out of HS.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,878,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Maybe he's been focusing on school and his career and he is just now ready to settle down......not all good men get married right out of HS.
I think its best best for people right after they graduate high school, they should go to college, find the career they want in the future, then get that career, find that special someone and never have children.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I think its best best for people right after they graduate high school, they should go to college, find the career they want in the future, then get that career, find that special someone and never have children.
What a burst of sunshine you are

Old 08-05-2008, 03:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,673,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
As a single man without kids, I find that comment offensive. And as someone who has dated single moms, I never found them penalizing me for not having kids. I also take offense to your comment that guys will overlook the fact that a woman has kids if it means he'll get sex from her. I think you'll find that most guys, no matter how much they love sex, won't bother with a single mother just for that. They'll move on to someone else first and trust me, for guys who are just looking for sex, it's not hard to find girls who will offer it. For those guys, a woman who has kids is a major turnoff and they'll run screaming before putting in the time and effort to get her to sleep with them. The guy who sticks around isn't desperate. He's just discovered the person is worth dealing with the extra issues that come up when dating a single parent.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why having a child is depicted as being a bad, negative thing. That's just one more to love......kids are so amazing, they need good role models so badly and they look up to anyone older than they are. Why is wanting to taking the opportunity to have an impact on a child's life such an issue? Kids are truly a blessing and if I ever was single I would never ever want to date anyone who disliked kids anyway.......good riddens to them.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 PM

148 posts, read 878,599 times
Hi all, I am the OP. I thought this thread died, but I guess it got revived.

I'm obviously not in it for the sex... I'm looking for a solid relationship and I don't see why the kid would matter. I don't want to go into details, but I know for several facts that she's not just looking for someone to latch onto and support her child... and this is great.

As far as our relationship goes... for those interested... we shared our first kiss last night. How cute and romantic, isn't it?

Edit: Actually, a series of nice, long kisses. Why I post this on here... I don't know. Probably sounds bad. Although I know at least one person who wanted a status update.

Last edited by Ocuri; 08-05-2008 at 07:06 PM..

Old 08-05-2008, 08:03 PM

4,278 posts, read 8,202,111 times
Good for you.

But, to say that the kid doesn't matter....if you are looking for a solid, stable relationship. they most certainly do matter.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 PM

148 posts, read 878,599 times
oh yes, it must be taken into consideration I know... something I've put a lot of thought toward, trust me.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,264,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why having a child is depicted as being a bad, negative thing. That's just one more to love......kids are so amazing, they need good role models so badly and they look up to anyone older than they are. Why is wanting to taking the opportunity to have an impact on a child's life such an issue? Kids are truly a blessing and if I ever was single I would never ever want to date anyone who disliked kids anyway.......good riddens to them.
There are several types of single parents. I think that people are the most accepting and forgiving towards a women that had children while being married. So if she is divorced and getting child support payments or even widowed, then that most acceptable scenario. Next would be a divorced woman whose exhusband is a deadbeat father because that shows poor judgment in choosing her children's sperm donor. Then lastly, are the women who have had their children out of wedlock and with little or no support from their exes. The more different fathers involved, the more unappealing she is as a potential mate to a quality guy.

It's not a matter of disliking children, but more that those with children out of wedlock and with deadbeat sperm donors show very poor judgment skills. No child should be born in a situation where both parents aren't there to love and be financially supportive of them.

In Ocuri's first post, he didn't say that this 26 year old was divorced, so it sounded like her child was born out of wedlock. But even if the child was born within a marriage, it then implies that she married young, had the baby too soon and then neither or her ex tried very hard to keep the relationship together.

Anyway, one rude observation that I've often heard guys say is that with a single mom, at least you know she puts out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships