Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:52 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree about the physically being the weaker sex. I'd probably be scared to be a 5' 2", 110 lb female in a dark alley and a 6' 2" 300 lb guy is coming toward you.

Heck I'd be scared of that myself being a guy.
This is a big concern for women. I am 5'6" and about 110lbs and I get nervous at night when I am out alone or at home alone. That's why I have a gun...no nasty comments! My husband is gone alot and we live in Richmond proper and our neighborhood is nice so we get the rif raf coming through breaking into cars and houses. Last spring, someone tried to break in during the early morning hours while we were home and I did feel better knowing I had my gun, security alarm and a rabid acting dog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 03:03 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This is a big concern for women. I am 5'6" and about 110lbs and I get nervous at night when I am out alone or at home alone. That's why I have a gun...no nasty comments! My husband is gone alot and we live in Richmond proper and our neighborhood is nice so we get the rif raf coming through breaking into cars and houses. Last spring, someone tried to break in during the early morning hours while we were home and I did feel better knowing I had my gun, security alarm and a rabid acting dog
I didn't picture you as being the gun whirling type. No but seriously good for you.

I read some story somewhere that said counties where gun permits are easier to get that the violent crime stats are down.

I guess it would be a little rough being a rapist or some other type knowing that people are packin heat.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:38 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
O_o

this is very awkward.

Were you thinking about becoming a woman, Mr. Crossdresser?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:45 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,570 times
I like being a woman and I don't like being a shallow minded.... I hate to be just a look with body without thoughts in my head.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 10-18-2008 at 04:14 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't picture you as being the gun whirling type. No but seriously good for you.

I read some story somewhere that said counties where gun permits are easier to get that the violent crime stats are down.

I guess it would be a little rough being a rapist or some other type knowing that people are packin heat.
Haha!! Yep, Annie Oakley is my middle name! I used to shoot target, skeet, trap and wobble every thursday with some of my friends...everyone is surprised when I tell them that is my favorite thing to do

Virginia is an easy state to get a gun, permit and concealed weapons permit...it has gotten tougher since the Virginia Tech stuff, or at least that is what I have heard. I had mine before that happened.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:18 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Haha!! Yep, Annie Oakley is my middle name! I used to shoot target, skeet, trap and wobble every thursday with some of my friends...everyone is surprised when I tell them that is my favorite thing to do

Virginia is an easy state to get a gun, permit and concealed weapons permit...it has gotten tougher since the Virginia Tech stuff, or at least that is what I have heard. I had mine before that happened.
Don't want to get too political but I wonder if someone had a gun they could have stopped that guy a little quicker.

Just food for thought.

BTW, I don't own guns so I don't have a dog in the race as they say.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:31 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I hate it..ITs too much work...I wish I was born a guy.

I cant just let myself go and be an anti-fem on habits. It just looks like crap on me.

Hate:
-periods and the whole lot of problems from the stupid baby bucket works
- boobs - have you priced GD bras lately...Not to mention you HAVE to find one that fits correctly. I think this would drive any man insane.
- vanity sized stuff
- contradiction of expectations in EVERYTHING. Babies. work. life choice
- other women - Too old to be a tomboy now and I still hate socialization with females. I keep wanting to say "shut up"
- women have been shown multiple times to get paid less than males. (OBAMA OR McCAIN FIX THIS SH*t)
- You have to prove you know what you are talking about when getting anything fixed. Bfore that worker guys think lipstick = clueless broad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Too many to list, really. I'm pretty okay with being a woman... with some exceptions.

The things I hate?

Yeast infections (yeah I know guys can get them but how often, really!?)

double standards on appearance stuff (guys have way more leeway when they gain a few or have skin problems or gray hairs)

periods (i'm not having any more babies, so enough already!)

i gotta agree with pitt_transplant on the "other women" thing. sounds funny coming from a lesbian but yeah, it's true. i find other women to generally be annoying, backstabbing, manipulative and wussy.

I agree, especially the other women one, and would like to add that because I'm a woman people assume that I like to shop, wear makeup and have a million clothes and shoes.

I hate shopping, makeup and own 3 pairs of shoes. I also don't have a huge wardrobe.

I despise my period, and I am never going to have kids so it's pointless for me to have it. I'm only 28 though so I have quite a few more years of that. I am currently on Depo, because it stops my period completely, but the doctor has said they only allow women to be on it for a few years at a time and then at least a one year break. I wish I could find a doctor to "spay" me.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Don't want to get too political but I wonder if someone had a gun they could have stopped that guy a little quicker.

Just food for thought.

BTW, I don't own guns so I don't have a dog in the race as they say.
I've thought about VT being prevented if someone was armed. Who knows. It seemed like he was determined and the admin did not put the campus on lock down very quickly so he had ample time to do what he wanted.

I have guns for target shooting, not hunting and not really for protection. Having them makes me feel safer when hubby is gone, though!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:18 PM

461 posts, read 1,450,098 times
I love being a woman. I love being able to act exactly how I feel, I feel bad for men who have to act "macho" all the time. I can sob my heart out at a funeral, I can giggle like a little girl with my girlfriends, I can be all maternal with children and nobody thinks I'm weird. Well, at least nobody says anything... Also I feel bad that men have to be really careful approaching a child or woman who is alone because he's a potential threat.

What I don't like about being a woman. Pap smears...uuuggghhh. Also the things other people mentioned, repairmen wanting to talk to my hubby, feeling like the "weaker" sex, not being able to trust other women (you know they are all backstabbers, right?) and of course, periods.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:15 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,600 times
Quote:
Like: the choices in clothes, shoes and hairstyles. Being able to have children. Getting great gifts from hubby(i.e. jewelry!!), having my order at a restaurant taken first and brought to me first!, the pregnant/new baby parking spots,

Dislikes: being the weaker sex(physicallly), menstrual cycles, many times doctors think ailments are emotionally triggered, the assumption that we are all "hot house orchids", when contractors or mechanics want to talk to my husband.
I agee with everyone thing you said. I'm so glad I was born a woman. I love the clothes and makeup, perfume, the whole 9 yards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships