Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times

Advertisements

As a woman, I like wearing nice clothes and smelling pretty and taking bubble baths.

I don't like that men often treat me like a child or don't take my ideas seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 12:34 PM

973 posts, read 3,304,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Women - what do you like and don't like about being a woman? Being a woman can be wonderful! The great thing is you'll never be drafted into a war and be cannon fodder! Yeah, if I was born in WW2 I'd definitely want to be an American woman. Downsides are periods, childbirth, being vulnerable as the weaker sex, and probably a dreary lonely life if you're not pretty?

What do real women like and don't like about being a woman?

Well, as a crossdresser, I love and am addicted to beautiful womens clothes and it's like 97% of my clothes shopping is womens! I love decking myself all out and admiring myself in a full length mirror!
Downside:
1. The generalization that if a woman is strong-minded, smart, independant and doesn't put up with foolishness, she is a ball-busting B**CH. If a man has those characteristics, he is respected.
2. Periods

Upside:
1. The house is my domain: Hubby gets the garage. (Fair trade)
2. Guys always underestimate us which gives us the upper hand.
My hubby is actually surprised when I can do "Man stuff" like change the battery in my car and actually know how to use power tools. If I don't want to do something, I can utilize the weak woman routine and sit back and watch hubby swoop in and save the day. My hero!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,699,951 times
I don't think most women are like me in this aspect - but I dislike how household things fall to me, child bearing, child rearing, cleaning etc

I'm more career minded and really dislike how I have to stop MY CAREER/JOB to take care of things -

I hate making dinner - I hate doing the errands and being the one that remembers everything!!

I'd like my life a lot more without kids - I mean I love them to death - BUT I WANT MY LIFE BACK.

PS - I have a great husband that does do over 50% of the house work and child rearing (not the errands though) and for my part I pay a nanny and a house cleaner - I seriously hate that stuff.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I hate it..ITs too much work...I wish I was born a guy.

I cant just let myself go and be an anti-fem on habits. It just looks like crap on me.

Hate:
-periods and the whole lot of problems from the stupid baby bucket works
- boobs - have you priced GD bras lately...Not to mention you HAVE to find one that fits correctly. I think this would drive any man insane.
- vanity sized stuff
- contradiction of expectations in EVERYTHING. Babies. work. life choice
- other women - Too old to be a tomboy now and I still hate socialization with females. I keep wanting to say "shut up"
- women have been shown multiple times to get paid less than males. (OBAMA OR McCAIN FIX THIS SH*t)
- You have to prove you know what you are talking about when getting anything fixed. Bfore that worker guys think lipstick = clueless broad.
I like you.

To add to this list (and its a long hate list)
I HATE when men think I can't lift something on my own.
I hate shopping
I hate makeup (refuse to wear the garbage unless you're special)
I hate shoes
I cant stand to be around other females for more than a half-hour.
I have never engaged in a "girls night out", nor do I ever plan to.
It always irritates the crap out of me when people expect me to want children because Im female.

Surprisingly though, I don't mind my period. It doesnt hurt, and never has.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I like you.

To add to this list (and its a long hate list)
I HATE when men think I can't lift something on my own.
I hate shopping
I hate makeup (refuse to wear the garbage unless you're special)
I hate shoes
I cant stand to be around other females for more than a half-hour.
I have never engaged in a "girls night out", nor do I ever plan to.
It always irritates the crap out of me when people expect me to want children because Im female.

Surprisingly though, I don't mind my period. It doesnt hurt, and never has.
You sure you've always been a woman...?!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Exactly what I was thinking

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I hate it..ITs too much work...I wish I was born a guy.

I cant just let myself go and be an anti-fem on habits. It just looks like crap on me.

Hate:
-periods and the whole lot of problems from the stupid baby bucket works
- boobs - have you priced GD bras lately...Not to mention you HAVE to find one that fits correctly. I think this would drive any man insane.
- vanity sized stuff
- contradiction of expectations in EVERYTHING. Babies. work. life choice
- other women - Too old to be a tomboy now and I still hate socialization with females. I keep wanting to say "shut up"
- women have been shown multiple times to get paid less than males. (OBAMA OR McCAIN FIX THIS SH*t)
- You have to prove you know what you are talking about when getting anything fixed. Bfore that worker guys think lipstick = clueless broad.
Quote:
-Looks-

Yup. Thats always been there.
Ive always been a tomboy...never had many females about while growing up, so I just didnt pick up on the "girl" stuff.
My bloody red monster just hasnt ever been all that bad. I dont cramp up all that much, just usually feel a bit tired and more irritated than usual for a day, and the rest only lasts 3-4 days. Not a big deal for me, and it lets me know that all the plumbing is as it should be.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
-Looks-

Yup. Thats always been there.
Ive always been a tomboy...never had many females about while growing up, so I just didnt pick up on the "girl" stuff.
My bloody red monster just hasnt ever been all that bad. I dont cramp up all that much, just usually feel a bit tired and more irritated than usual for a day, and the rest only lasts 3-4 days. Not a big deal for me, and it lets me know that all the plumbing is as it should be.
We ladies don't care that much, but now the big cat, the lil' cat, and the rest of the animal kingdom can sigh in relief!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
We ladies don't care that much, but now the big cat, the lil' cat, and the rest of the animal kingdom can sigh in relief!
Huh??

lol guess I gave TMI. Sorry ya'll.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Huh??

lol guess I gave TMI. Sorry ya'll.
It's OK, hon'! I just meant the boys would love to know you've always been a girl! Plus, you don't go on shopping sprees - hey, you'll be the most popular gal ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships