Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am not unhappy...actually, I am very happy...my husband and I just want to make sure we have done the things in life we have dreamed of...and some of these things we want to have the children join us and experience while they are young...
If you've dreamed it, then figure out how to do it and then execute.

If you've dreamed it and then never bothered then it was all for naught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

You are right, 100%

Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I agree about figuring out how to execute "the plan" - THAT's really the hard part though. It can also take time for these things to work out, time I HATE wasting The glory of being independently wealthy would be all the good I could do for others and all the good times I would not have to wait around to have while I'm saving the money to do them!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I agree about figuring out how to execute "the plan" - THAT's really the hard part though. It can also take time for these things to work out, time I HATE wasting The glory of being independently wealthy would be all the good I could do for others and all the good times I would not have to wait around to have while I'm saving the money to do them!
With the economy the way it is we would not get nearly the money out of the businesses we would have so we will have to continue to work for a good while unless we really want to go for broke and throw caution to the wind!!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
1. Turn your main hobby or interest into a job/career. That's what I did. That took out a huge swath of things I don't have to pay for and actually get paid in return to do.

2. There are ways to do anything in the world if you are not independently wealthy. Wanna drive a Ferrari. Drive one for a day on track or on the road. $500-$2000. Wanna live in a huge ski town mansion. Rent one off season for $2000 a week. Wanna be in a film. Find out how to be a movie extra. My friend does it on his vacation.

3. The mind is a powerful thing. I use visualization and I find when I keep visualizing what I want and positive thoughts, I naturally do the things I need to to get there.

4. Don't think 10 bridges down the road, deal with the one in front of you first. One big mistake I made in my twenties was I would put huge goals on myself that were so overwhelming I couldn't get anything accomplished. Have a general idea of what you want but be prepared to go with the flow.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
With the economy the way it is we would not get nearly the money out of the businesses we would have so we will have to continue to work for a good while unless we really want to go for broke and throw caution to the wind!!
In some ways that is the hard part of life is you don't know what will happen or what things will be worth. We could be in a depression for a long time or things could be better in 2010. It certainly affected my business but I evolved and adapted and hopefully at the end of 2009 will be even better positioned. Life is never a totally positive sum game, there is usually a risk or downside to most everything, but you've got to weigh all that against the upside and what works for you.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
My favorite website is escapeartist.com...the dreams start flowing after spending a few minutes on there!!
Great spirit there, Mrs.! Any chances for being able to stay in any one place more than 6 months because of international residency restrictions?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
I am not unhappy...actually, I am very happy...my husband and I just want to make sure we have done the things in life we have dreamed of...and some of these things we want to have the children join us and experience while they are young...
Yes, I can tell you're a happy person, Mrs. How about just traveling vs. relocating? Traveling with my parents at a very young age made me want to recreate it for myself in later years.

"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid."

Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Anyone else around who feels like selling it all, quitting your job and taking off to another life? My husband and I talk about it all the time...just taking the kids out of school and living a slower paced life without all of the distractions...

What would have to happen for you to do it?

All the time!

Except I wouldn't take the wife.

At any rate.. I would love to be a bum in Miami! Warm, palm trees and sun. What more could you ask for? Like Drill bit Taylor.

Taking the whole family? Well, then you would have to get 3 more dryer boxes and 3 more shopping carts. It would still be stressful.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Anyone else around who feels like selling it all, quitting your job and taking off to another life? My husband and I talk about it all the time...just taking the kids out of school and living a slower paced life without all of the distractions...

What would have to happen for you to do it?
I did, two years ago, and I'm loving every minute of it. Why do you think I take so many vacations now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships