Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_Pennell View Post
Read "why men love *******" if you go to borders.com you can get the author...this book changes everything and gives woman the power back. a must read.
Life certainly won't be boring, with all the players and bad boy types you can attract and likely keep.........for a while.

Ten years from now, the author and publisher should face a class action lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirlintown View Post

any female players on here?

ps. female players, do send me msgs or reply to this thread, thanks!!
I'm not a player. A player likes to play games. Usually mind games. Making a person think and feel that they're the only one or making them feel like they're 'special'. If I'm in a place, where I feel like 'playing the field', I will let a guy know UP FRONT (key words) that he's not the only one I'm dating or talking to. If he doesn't want to be in that type of situation with me, then he has the option of keepin' it movin' that way ----- > .

Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound
Don't lower yourself and start playing "games"

Just take the high road and be open and honest.

We don't need anymore game playing garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I agree. The sexes already have enough trouble trusting one another. The men who are players don't respect women. By playing the same games, you only make women look even more untrustworthy in the eyes of men. It might feel good at first to even the score, but in the long run, it just makes things worse. Men have enough negative stereotypes about women. Don't add to them.
She'll just end up in ten years seeing a decent guy she "played" in a good, solid marriage to someone who she thinks she's better than.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Dont do it, you will only feel rottten, afterwards.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Good advice, but a little too old fashioned for anyone born after 1940. Such guys are just too "awesome" to play games with let alone "play". I suspect that instead, she'll just hurt some guys who were completely on the level.
I don't understand what you're saying, perhaps you didn't understand what you quoted. Most players will eventually give up if the girl doesn't give it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Players tend to study you. They'll mimic your likes and dislikes. Even down to what you like to eat for b'fast. And when they talk to you, they'll be sure to mention those facts at least once a day to to convince you. Many will play a sympathy card. Make you think they were made fun of in school or whatever. Once they've figured out you are that kind of woman (for the underdog).

They will cater to your every need. If you are PMS, it's chocolate for you-that kind of thing. They will invest hours talking and listening in hopes they'll get the ultimate prize. And once they get to your goods, they will be off in a flash. Their ultimate goal is self-gratification and ego stroking, not a meaningful relationship.

Sentences to watch out for: "You're hot!" and dumb stuff like, "Whoa, Batman and Batgirl riding on the Batbike...hot!" Cheesy, stupid stuff like that dead giveaway. No real man uses such lingo. Just stupid arse jerks who can't get a woman the respectable, honest way.

Go with your gut instinct, too. And don't feel bad about telling one to take a hike and get perm lost.
First two paragraphs are accurate...I completely disagree with the cheesey pickup lines. I guess it depends how you describe a player...A guy who only wants to have an one night stand I don't consider to be a player...I feel a player is someone you described perfectly in your first paragraph. I lastly disagree with "trust your gut"...Girls who trust their gut is what allows players to thrive...

Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,445,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirlintown View Post

if I can tell, how I can play a player?

any female players on here?

ps. female players, do send me msgs or reply to this thread, thanks!!
Follow the golden rule and never give a man more than he is giving you. Let him call you, chase you, and buy you dinner. Do not get physical with him, and if he is just looking for sex, eventually he will disappear.

Otherwise, if you do mess around with him, never have intercourse. Let him please you, but never let that magic wand in your body! That way, when he does pull the disappearing act (and ladies, you all know what that is), you can smile and say, "Oh, well, at least I got mine!"

W.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:45 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Follow the golden rule and never give a man more than he is giving you. Let him call you, chase you, and buy you dinner. Do not get physical with him, and if he is just looking for sex, eventually he will disappear.

Otherwise, if you do mess around with him, never have intercourse. Let him please you, but never let that magic wand in your body! That way, when he does pull the disappearing act (and ladies, you all know what that is), you can smile and say, "Oh, well, at least I got mine!"

W.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,445,810 times
Hey, I'm not one to sit at home feeling resentful.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
How about people being classy and taking the high road. If you see some person being a "playa" how about just cut them out of your life.

Man the good ol days of men acting like Gentlemen and women being Ladies, sure seem to be gone, based on some of the garbage on this thread.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM

190 posts, read 413,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How about people being classy and taking the high road. If you see some person being a "playa" how about just cut them out of your life.

Man the good ol days of men acting like Gentlemen and women being Ladies, sure seem to be gone, based on some of the garbage on this thread.
Ditto that - I often have to remind myself reading some CD threads that "this is just a subset of people out there, not everyone is like this." .

Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't lower yourself and start playing "games"

Just take the high road and be open and honest.

We don't need anymore game playing garbage.
I totally agree....been there done that...he played me...i played another....and what it does it get you? nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships