Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 12:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post

Nope. They don't actually promote them.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I would.

I have.

Who cares?

Next question.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:59 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i remember my first time... i touched a naked breast then immediately curled up in a ball in tears. i call that move the crying dutchman.
Quote:
its kinda' cliché to say that quote-unquote virgins dont know what to do in the bedroom. its 2020, and most u.s.-americans have at least seen a rated-r moo-vee.
like are there persons out there trying to put it in her ear or something ... ?

Old 12-10-2019, 03:31 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
like are there persons out there trying to put it in her ear or something ... ?
Well that's like hypnotizing chickens.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:13 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
it's not hilarious, its strange. because most people arent virgins when they're in their 40s. I don't know, I just can't imagine not having sex that long.
Someone that does has issues and should be avoided like the plague.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:16 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
So having sex by the time you're 40 means you don't have issues and are perfectly mentally healthy?

Huh....never knew......

Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
That's my experience too.

We mostly cluster around like minded people. So it's possible that both you and timberline are both truthful about most people with whom you interacted.
big up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The editor of the school newspaper, the kid that couldn't make the chess team, the guy that was 4th tenor in madrigals and 100# overweight, and the marching band sousaphone player (all real examples from my high school), all had that or almost that many partners before a few years in college was over... probably more. Nothing to do with cool kids. The dorks, geeks, band nerds, theatre kids, etc get laid too. A plenty.

We're not talking "a different model every week". We're talking one person a year, or one person every two years. Remember, the average age for a guy getting married now is over 29. You really think they only dated 1-3 people or so in all those years before getting married? Never had some hook ups along the way?

Heck, if you want to talk cool kids. I roomed with a hockey player at a northern hockey school for undergrad my freshman year. There were more than 5 different people a month, sometimes almost that on a weekend. Believe me, it sucked to room with that frat jerk.

The reality is sociologists know that people LIE. They lie A LOT about sexual issues. They lie through their teeth, a ton, about sexual issues. There is good data on this about how people change their answers over time, and social norms and expectations align with these. And people don't always lie the same way. They inflate or deflate the numbers depending on the circumstances. An example that shows this that is shown in data, there is an analysis out there (and I guess I could dig for it if I have to) that shows that people lie about sex and condom use. The actual distribution of condoms (not just sales, but free ones as well) in the U.S. was a small fraction of what it should be when compared to how much sex people were having and how often they claimed they were using condoms. It was shockingly different. Either people were lying about condom use, or about how much sex they were having, or both.

Also, there have been analysis that show the same cohort of people changes their answers over time, and when they're older and in married relationships, they number of sex partners they had declined. Pretty amazing, huh? Researchers know people lie about sex a great deal. The orgs that generally actually promote the low numbers as "facts" are right wing / conservative / Christian orgs promoting chastity.
counter experience:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Well. The guys I know who are in that boat, and I do know a number, I wouldn't call them the most interesting or smooth guys and they might either say the wrong thing every now and then or be shy.

But their hygiene is fine and they are educated and have jobs.

I wish I could take members of this board undercover with me to happy hour with some of these guys and I could show you.

You'd be like, "Yea, I can see why, and it has nothing to do with how abnormal he is." He's just an average guy with a college degree, job, not too physically attractive, who doesn't stand out in any way.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
its kinda' cliché to say that quote-unquote virgins dont know what to do in the bedroom. its 2020, and most u.s.-americans have at least seen a rated-r moo-vee.
Well, it's pretty easy to get a guy off, but there aren't many movies out there that realistically show a guy getting a woman off. That's why no, I would not date a virgin - even non-virgin guys are kinda iffy.

Old 12-10-2019, 11:44 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, it's pretty easy to get a guy off, but there aren't many movies out there that realistically show a guy getting a woman off. That's why no, I would not date a virgin - even non-virgin guys are kinda iffy.
Thing is...you would have no way of knowing if a guy was a virgin unless he actually told you. When he'll likely lie about it just so you won't walk out of the bedroom. I mean, why would he even admit it, when he'd just be sabatoging his chance to experience sex?

Old 12-10-2019, 11:46 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I would.

I have.

Who cares?

Next question.
Sadly, you are in the minority. Some women here should be more like you. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.