Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 03:32 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wouldn't really blame the feminists for the big boom in illegitimate children because feminists tend to put down motherhood.

I believe it's that women are rewarded for having babies out of wedlock. Girls think it's cute to parade around pregnant and with their newborns. They then have the option of working or not working, the welfare life is perfectly comfortable with it's free housing, food stamps, WIC coupons, free babysitting at the Head Start so mom can head to the mall.

Most of the girls and women that do this aren't going to attract the successful men that can support a family anyways, so why not go for the government handouts? It costs them nothing and brings them plenty.
That is what is happening in my state which still has the most lenient welfare laws around and hence we have professional welfare recipients even move here to cash in. As I understand it in this state the finite length of time resets to zero every time you pop out a child. So you have a lot of women that just crank out illegitimate children one after the other and then when their daughters hit 13 or 14, the mom starts pressuring them to have children also to add to the check.

This country is going down the tubes if it keeps this up. And as a professional man in his early 30's I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 ft pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Nope. Many women share men, so for every 3 or 4 single moms there may be one dad.

Sounds dreamy, hope my daughter can meet a great guy like that.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
Quote:
Nope. Many women share men, so for every 3 or 4 single moms there may be one dad.
That is so true.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:11 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,424 times
Quote:
That's cruel.
No, its for the best.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:40 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard

Make that "6 to 8" and "is one dad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Women like a challenge. He's got everything they want - looks/"attitude"/easy charm and experience too. Who could resist?

Besides, their kids will never blame them for not providing the best genes available, assuming they get that far in school.

And if they can go one step further and "sign him up" they're GFs will be soooo envious. "What did they do wrong?", they'll ask. "All we got was his seed."

Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,863 times
Living in a pretty backwards state....I notice MANY single moms with one single deadbeat dad as the father. These deadbeats are usually the most saught after by women in small town USA (I have yet to figure out why this is the case) while the good, honest, hard working, well educated, normal guys are virtually ignored.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:24 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,747 times
Default Single Women in 20's With Kids

I agree with you 100% about their being too many single Mom's in their 20's. Problem is that sex starts really young in High School maybe even middle school in some cases. My niece graduated from high school maybe two years ago and the stuff she use to tell me that went on there would curl your hair. Unless the majority of the female population is on birth control or the boys are using condoms, then there will be all these unwanted pregnancies they have to deal with. Why this all happened to begin with; that is the sex at a younger and younger age is something I will never understand. It is like somewhere along the line "permission" was granted for kids to be promiscuous.

I feel bad for you trying to date in today's world but unfortunately that is the way it is now. Use to be that single Mom's were in their 30's and up. I was a single Mom (divorced) at 30 and even back then, didn't hear so much about anyone any younger than that with kids.

If you truly want to meet a woman with no kids at your age, then you probably are going to have to be pretty upfront with what you are looking for and expect. It's either that or join one of those match/dating sites and specify. Good Luck!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
That is what is happening in my state which still has the most lenient welfare laws around and hence we have professional welfare recipients even move here to cash in. As I understand it in this state the finite length of time resets to zero every time you pop out a child. So you have a lot of women that just crank out illegitimate children one after the other and then when their daughters hit 13 or 14, the mom starts pressuring them to have children also to add to the check.

This country is going down the tubes if it keeps this up. And as a professional man in his early 30's I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 ft pole.
This is typical in New York City where girls get pregnant beginning at age 13 and have many children with different men. Then they all go on the welfare rolls. As a teacher in NYC I can't tell you now many underage mothers I see pushing baby carriages up and down Lexington Ave. Our state's policy has to be changed. They attract mates at school by flaunting their figures to every guy that walks their way. As a school teacher I see high school as the next step to college but many girls see it as a means of finding a man who usually can't be counted on when their babies are born.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

That happens in New YorK City all the time. Girls get pregnant at age 14 to a guy who is in his 20s. He promises the world and then sprays his seed. When he finds out the girls is pregnant he is long gone. One year later the girls is dating the same type of guy who again gets her pregnant and then leaves when he finds out he is a daddy. So pathetic!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
When did parents stop teaching their daughters (and sons) to respect themselves and their bodies.

I am not that old (30s) but I remember that girls could not be pregnant at school (they would be expelled). And guys that got a girl pregnant was ostercized.

Not saying that my friends and I were saints but getting "knocked up" was not a senior year goal. Before each date my father would lecture my dates and attempt to scare the "bejesus" out of them. As a result, the boys that I dated in high school respected me. Then when I headed to college I set my own ground rules in which I also required a certain standard in the way that I was treated.

I just think that there are way too many teens, 20s and beyond (and their parents) that need a good @ss whooping to change the tide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships