Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,457,559 times

Advertisements

I hate cleaning up dishes/kitchen so much that I know if I am doing it as I go, there won't be some abominable, sticky pile after I am done eating (when the last thing I want to do is get up and work) and feeling like I need a nap. Same thing...when I clear the guests' dishes for each course, I immediately stick 'em in the dishwasher before bringing out the next course.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM

20,731 posts, read 19,402,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I bet we ran past each other many a time in grand central

I've been a culprit too Coz I move bags only for women LMAO Almost like a reflex action. Guys see I don't budge and they take a nearby seat and all of a sudden a woman appears and I'm all movey-budgey. Makes the guys look at me like I'm some benedict arnold bastard
Benjamen Franklin was really the proper womanizer of our F-ing fathers...thinking better of it, since you are not natively born, I should perhaps not abbreviate Founding...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:57 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,284,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I thought that, too, did more research, and found out it's a myth.
Given that exercise raises body temperature for about three hours, which inhibits sleep, I tend to go with the experts who say not to do it that close to bedtime. I certainly find it wrecks my sleep because of its energizing effects, particularly cardio. Weightlifting, meh, not as much, but who wants to lift weights when they're already tired? That's a great way to get injured.

Generally, 5 or 6 hours before bedtime is the best time, because 5 to 6 hours afterward your body temperature drops, which actually helps you feel sleepy.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,457,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Given that exercise raises body temperature for about three hours, which inhibits sleep, I tend to go with the experts who say not to do it that close to bedtime. I certainly find it wrecks my sleep because of its energizing effects, particularly cardio. Weightlifting, meh, not as much, but who wants to lift weights when they're already tired? That's a great way to get injured.

Generally, 5 or 6 hours before bedtime is the best time, because 5 to 6 hours afterward your body temperature drops, which actually helps you feel sleepy.
Frankly, I prefer to work out first thing in the morning, but since I already have to get up at 5 just to shower and drive to work, that would mean getting up before 4...not gonna happen.

Cooler temps does help with sleep induction, but there are plenty of people who can exercise in the early evening and still get to bed a couple of hours later.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM

37,683 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
We share clean-up duties.

He starts on the dishes and I pack up his lunch for the following day (typically it's leftovers). Then I put the rest of the food away.
Well we don't share a home, so when he's here I usually will clean up as I go. At his house, HE cleans up. Unless I'm making a HUGE mess...and then I feel a bit guilty and help out.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 PM

20,731 posts, read 19,402,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Not in the same way!
BTW, you should have told me you were with child. Stress is not good and approaching me without my being apprised of this is not advised . I am very dANGErOUs, the worst and most heartless of the axis of evil.

There may be but one interface with me in your condition. Perhaps just one time, if we are in agreement, I shall consider your case in argument; and if such thing presented to me requires an aggressive dispatch of a troublesome individual , I could undertake that for you in your stead that you may guard your stress. I only ask that you specify which organ I am to retrieve, and whither I put it on your step in a wicker basket, a bag of burlap hung to spoil, or I am to bury it in the garden.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 04-21-2011 at 11:55 PM..

Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,647,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
If my future wife gained over 15 pounds then then I would slap her with divorce papers so fast that she would not know what hit her.

People can call me shallow or any other name in the book. I really dont care. It is DISGUSTING

""Of course it will be excused during pregnancy and a couple of months directly afterwards""
LOL..gee how nice of you...to give her a whole couple of months after carrying a child for 9
I feel bad for the chick that marries you.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:33 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,648,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Benjamen Franklin was really the proper womanizer of our F-ing fathers...thinking better of it, since you are not natively born, I should perhaps not abbreviate Founding...
would that make Benjamen Franking a foundling father?

Jonathan

Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,803,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I take the new haven line to and fro work every day.

I bet you do the harlem line

Don't you HATE the people who are already huge and have their bags occupying the rest of the seat when many people are standing and latecomers are looking to find a seat, and they make no effort to move their bags. Their attitude I guess.
I hate this as well. This behavior is from large and petite people. I sat on a bag once. A older woman saw me coming to the seat. I looked at her and her bag. She looked me in the eye and turned her head. I positioned my bags, so she would know I'm about to sit. Nothing from her. I sat and she said, EXCUSE ME. I said, no problem. She gave me dirty looks all the way uptown.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,759,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I hate this as well. This behavior is from large and petite people. I sat on a bag once. A older woman saw me coming to the seat. I looked at her and her bag. She looked me in the eye and turned her head. I positioned my bags, so she would know I'm about to sit. Nothing from her. I sat and she said, EXCUSE ME. I said, no problem. She gave me dirty looks all the way uptown.
YOU'RE MY HERO

<takes a bow>

LMAO hahahahaha

Ride with me next time. Teach me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships