Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I also said I have time to exercise, but I can imagine someone that works full-time or possibly someone that works untraditional hours would find it a challenge
For the women who have said in here that THEY can’t find time to work out I can almost assure you they are looking for excuses to remain fat and do nothing about it. How can they spend more than an hour in this forum, social networking (facebook, tweeter, etc.), watch tv, etc. INSTEAD of burning some fat and hitting the gym or something.

Quote:
These people are my husband and myself...and then 11, 10, 8 and 6
By age six I was at least picking up my toys, clothes, the table after eating, etc. At a very early age my parents would still finish off some chores they left me to do but they were teaching me how to do them. By at least 7 or 8 I was already washing dishes, doing my bed, etc. any other kind of house chore, same thing with my siblings. It was not me and my siblings setting the rules of the house but my parents who set the rules. They said “Onihc, you will pick up the table and wash the dishes this week” or whatever, and rotate between my siblings and I. So how did this work? Every time we all came back from school, activities, work, etc. The house chores would be minimal work for EVERYBODY and…we all had time to be in shape.

I don't remember leaving for school and having a dirty room, dirty dishes in the kitchen, etc. Up to date, I just can't imagine going to work and leaving my house dirty.

Quote:
Duhhhh...you think? I know HOW to clean
Do you know how to tell your family to be involved with the house chores? If I was a stay home husband I wouldn't complain about house chores. I would be embarrassed if I had a dirty house when my wife came home and no warm food on the table. But if we are both working then why not have BOTH of us work on the house chores, right?

Quote:
I actually have a very well thought out cleaning schedule that I follow. Do you not clean? You keep referring to your relatives
Of course I do. I am talking about relatives WITH CHILDREN to show how it is not impossible to make time to hit the gym as many make it seem impossible.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
For the women who have said in here that THEY can’t find time to work out I can almost assure you they are looking for excuses to remain fat and do nothing about it. How can they spend more than an hour in this forum, social networking (facebook, tweeter, etc.), watch tv, etc. INSTEAD of burning some fat and hitting the gym or something.

By age six I was at least picking up my toys, clothes, the table after eating, etc. At a very early age my parents would still finish off some chores they left me to do but they were teaching me how to do them. By at least 7 or 8 I was already washing dishes, doing my bed, etc. any other kind of house chore, same thing with my siblings. It was not me and my siblings setting the rules of the house but my parents who set the rules. They said “Onihc, you will pick up the table and wash the dishes this week” or whatever, and rotate between my siblings and I. So how did this work? Every time we all came back from school, activities, work, etc. The house chores would be minimal work for EVERYBODY and…we all had time to be in shape.

I don't remember leaving for school and having a dirty room, dirty dishes in the kitchen, etc. Up to date, I just can't imagine going to work and leaving my house dirty.

My kids make their beds and pick up their rooms. They also scoop the poop -cat and dog (hey I'm not stupid, I hate that chore!) feed the dog and cats, and do a general pick-up when I tell them to, take out the trash when they are home, clear their own breakfast and dinner plates and they do yard work with us. I don't require they do any other chores currently. They have enough on their plates with school and sports and they need some free time too.

When I say I clean their rooms, I go in and clean (as in wash the floors -wood) and do the windows, dust, clean the fixtures and shelves. I don't pick up their things. They know if they leave their things laying around, they can check the garbage for whatever it is they lost. Sounds mean but I got tired of putting their stuff away.

Do you know how to tell your family to be involved with the house chores? If I was a stay home husband I wouldn't complain about house chores. I would be embarrassed if I had a dirty house when my wife came home and no warm food on the table. But if we are both working then why not have BOTH of us work on the house chores, right?

So who is complaining? I merely pointed out that there is more to do than laundry 1-2 times a week and grocery shopping once a week that you stated. My house is always clean and "guest ready" and I cook dinner almost every night.

I do agree with you though...when I worked we split most things equally. I stay home now so I do most of the house chores and we do the outside together (except cut the grass and use the trimmer. I can build a fence though ).

Of course I do. I am talking about relatives WITH CHILDREN to show how it is not impossible to make time to hit the gym as many make it seem impossible.
Well, going TO a gym can be a challenge sometimes but you don't need fancy gym equipment to get an effective workout.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:

When i was 8, i had my first job, a newspaper route with the "Milwaukee Journal", in WI.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are C-D womenfolk locked in a war with the axis of evil on this thread

LaoTzuMindFu - Antlered Chamataka - Gwynedd

Anyone willing to join the club must enter a waiting list Lot of worthy contenders though LMAO
Axis? Nah, AC. You're too celerific.

It's just that a number of people here are talking out their behinds when some of us have dedicated much of our careers to understanding not only the physiology of obesity and weight loss, but the psychology involved, as well. I've noticed that not one of the alleged fitness fanatics here even attempted to take on the peer-reviewed journal articles I posted. It's easier for them to spew and spout their street judgments.

But hey, can't shovel in the fries when your foot is already in your mouth.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
I think it actually ticks off some of the more sanctimonious people here that there are people who have partners who love them literally through thick and through thin. They just cannot stand that others can have their cake and be loved, too.

Makes me wonder how secure their own relationships really are--if they even have one.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
They just cannot stand that others can have their cake and be loved, too.
That's because they wanna eat cake, too! Forgive the starving!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM

Did someone say cake?

I made coconut cupcakes the other day and used my new wilton "grass" tip to pipe on some green grass...then I put 3 jelly beans on top. They looked cute and tasted even better

Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Did someone say cake?

I made coconut cupcakes the other day and used my new wilton "grass" tip to pipe on some green grass...then I put 3 jelly beans on top. They looked cute
Oh, don't mention cake... I took cookies to the office and couldn't pass on them myself. The whole day went downhill from there...

On the other hand, they do say to keep your metabolism guessing! Only that I've been keeping him guessing quite a bit the last few days with that full moon and other things going on.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, don't mention cake... I took cookies to the office and couldn't pass on them myself. The whole day went downhill from there...

On the other hand, they do say to keep your metabolism guessing! Only that I've been keeping him guessing quite a bit the last few days with that full moon and other things going on.
Yup, PMS here! I gave a few to a neighbor and the kids had sleepovers...that got rid of them fast! I love to bake but it was bad timing on my part!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:

Dude, I would generally agree with you on men and women finding lame excuses to not work out, but it seems like you are thrusting your version of family upbringing on just and that's just wrong and is a total straw man. You don't know her family and the various minute complexities involved in other people's lives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships