Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Unless things have changed that much, several years back, if they were married, the Father DID have a say.
I still don't understand what that "say" could be. OK, I'm married, I find out I'm pregnant, one morning I get up and go and have an abortion... Where's that "say"? He may or may not know... Doesn't make any difference. Is he gonna have me committed or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:16 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I still don't understand what that "say" could be. OK, I'm married, I find out I'm pregnant, one morning I get up and go and have an abortion... Where's that "say"? He may or may not know... Doesn't make any difference. Is he gonna have me committed or something?
Hopefully not....
I don`t know. I guess if they are legally married, the Father has say so.
Now, if you get up one morning, find out your pregnant, go have an abortion, then thats another story. He won`t even know what has been done.
All I`m going on, is from our experience with that Birthmother.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
This is the point I was making, in my post, at the end of the day the woman has control over her body.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
If he wants to be and is ready to be a father and really wants the baby sure he should.

But if he wants nothing to do financially or otherwise be responsible for the baby then nope he should not.
Child support is enforced even if the father wants nothing to do with the baby.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:32 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I didn't make the statement, but my answer would be both. A child is the financial responsibility of both parents. No parent should be allowed to "sign off" THAT responsibility, otherwise taxpayers wind up picking up the tab for these kids.

You absolutely positively don't want to support a child? Then don't have sex. I shouldn't have to pay to raise your "mistake".
Hallelujah! That's exactly what happens. Why do you and I have to pay for John and Jane getting their rocks off? It's so irresponsible that it's mind-numbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Makes sense.......but why does just the mother decide the fate of the pregnancy? Why does the father have equal responsibility but not equal rights?
Good questions, along with why does the female have to contend with the trauma of an abortion or a pregnancy? Why must her life be at risk with the males only role (pre-birth) an orgasm? It's not fair at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
You're arguing over an inconsequential vessel - the rest of us are arguing over the human being.
I think this is at the crux of the issue all the way around.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 07-25-2009 at 06:41 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 06:35 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Exactly. Probably most abortions take place in this type of situation, I'm guessing. Well, maybe not the married part, but where the woman finds out, makes a decision on her own, and no one else ever knows.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
why does the female have to contend with the trauma of an abortion or a pregnancy? Why must her life be at risk with the males only role an orgasm?
There ya go. That's the answer right there.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see this thread going south real quick....
Yeap....It hurts to see some people are sooo heartless when talking about a situation I was already in.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Let's make peace early on - whatever is in one's body is his/hers to do with as he/she pleases! How's that for fair? Guess that still leaves the child support wide open...

To me it's a hypothetical situation only, but if I were to have a child by somebody who doesn't want it, I wouldn't seek anything from him. I'm that proud.
I hope you have a great job. Because you need alot of money to raise a child hun.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I had a cyst removed from my hand .....
ewwwww! Are you ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships