Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What do you mean?! No man can have a say if the woman wants an abortion. It may have consequences like costing her the marriage, but nevertheless... there's nothing he can do about the pregnancy itself.
Well there is laws were they are married legal the child is somewhat his he did help make it. If a women aborts without her husbands consent I think that would be considered involentary manslaughter or second hand murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I hope you have a great job. Because you need alot of money to raise a child hun.
I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, hon', but the conclusion you just drew from my post went beyond my wildest imagination!

Spend some time on a little grammar! "If I WERE to do something" does not equal "I AM going to do something."

Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Well there is laws were they are married legal the child is somewhat his he did help make it. If a women aborts without her husbands consent I think that would be considered involentary manslaughter or second hand murder.
It doesn't appear so:

Man Sues Wife on Abortion Done Without His Knowing - The New York Times

Ohio evidently is trying to pass such a bill, but I highly doubt its success.

Ohio Bill Would Include Father’s Right’s in Abortion Decision-Making Process | Mountain Sage

Alas, a blog » Blog Archive » Proposed Ohio law would give fathers veto power over abortion decision

Anyway, I've no skin in this debate whatsoever and don't feel like spending more time on research.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, hon', but the conclusion you just drew from my post went beyond my wildest imagination!

Spend some time on a little grammar! "If I WERE to do something" does not equal "I AM going to do something."
This from someone on the computer. Wow I didn't know you were an English Major? Feel pretty great sitting behind a computer being rude to me don't ya? You just mention that you would raise a child by yourself...I simply stated in a manner of speaking good luck...sheesh

Old 07-25-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
This from someone on the computer. Wow I didn't know you were an English Major? Feel pretty great sitting behind a computer being rude to me don't ya? You just mention that you would raise a child by yourself...I simply stated in a manner of speaking good luck...sheesh
Take my advice for practical purposes at least. Somebody may say "if I WERE to marry you" and you will start planning the wedding!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Take my advice for practical purposes at least. Somebody may say "if I WERE to marry you" and you will start planning the wedding!
No I wouldn't Sierra, Life is short though I have seen death first hand and I want to find a great man someday...and I wish that you find one with great patience.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
Whatever the decision the woman decides to make, I hope and pray its not an abortion!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I don't think that happens until the kid is 18.
Legally perhaps but kids don't care about laws.

They're certainly not going to wait until they're 18 to start asking where they came from and who the absent parent is.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:46 AM

433 posts, read 875,758 times
Men are nothing but sperm donars. Off subject a little bit but what about the guy son who is in brazil and is not able to get his son. The mother is dead from giving birth but he has to jump through hoops just to get custody of his son like it is some type of privilage. If only one person truly mattered then it would not take two to actually make a baby however you look at it. That is the way god intended it. On the almighty dollar it says in god we trust yet men are treated like a blip on the map when it is concerning their kids. As far as an abortion it should be against the law across the board if the father is not for it. For the females who disagree try getting pregnant without and mans sperm and get back to me. It takes two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Originally Posted by 2mares
Sorry Merth, I think its neat. I especially like the cast with "where the wildthings are" painted on it.

Quote:
I wonder if you would also want a cast of the father's penis. Painted with sea monkeys, perhaps.
No. I would pass on the penis cast. Its not like those belly cast are vagina cast.

I just think its neat like the old bronze baby shoes and framing ultra sound pics. My mom kept a lock of our hair from our first hair cut. Doesnt mean Id want a cast of dads penis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships