Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,033,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No I wouldn't Sierra, Life is short though I have seen death first hand and I want to find a great man someday...and I wish that you find one with great patience.
Patience is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I disagree. Child support is NOT for the woman. It's for the CHILD. And it IS her body that is carrying the child. The pregnancy and birth affects that woman more than any possible father, so the woman does, and should, have control over that pregnancy. When we get to the point where everyone is conceived in a petri dish (and I'm afraid we're not far off) then this issue will fade into oblivion.

Again, if the man (or woman) does NOT wish to support a child, then the only 100% foolproof method, is to abstain.

This whole discussion is such a sad damn commentary on our society.
Yeah, because if we've learned anything in the last year, abstinence is TOTALLY realistic

I would bet good money that there is NO ONE on this entire board can say that they have NEVER slept with someone out of wedlock, and with no intention of creating a child.

Once AGAIN - even amongst the most responsible people in the world, birth control, and even sterilization, can fail.

The resulting responsibility rests on both people.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No. I would pass on the penis cast. Its not like those belly cast are vagina cast.

I just think its neat like the old bronze baby shoes and framing ultra sound pics. My mom kept a lock of our hair from our first hair cut. Doesnt mean Id want a cast of dads penis.

I still think the bronze shoes, etc. are different from the belly.

I can imagine that 12-year-old saying, "Seriously mom, could you PLEASE take the naked picture of yourself off the mantel now? I have friends coming over!"

It's creepy.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
lol. I guess we all have different levels of modesty.
I am glad you posted the link. A woman at work is trying to have a baby. If it goes well next time, I am going to show her the site.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 PM

438 posts, read 947,330 times
Child support is given for a kid that's already here, been born and needs support. I think it's a bad idea to let the father slip out of paying because he didn't want it. At that point (post birth), there's no argument that the kid is a person, that it is an individual capable of living outside of another human. And its parents need to step up and support it (or the rest of us will have to).
In the case of abortion, there is still this debate about personhood...if the fetus is not a "person" yet, it has no rights over its body or existence. And it's living inside the body of someone who does have those rights. Yes, it takes two to tango, but women must assume health risks that their partners will not undergo. In the beginning stages of pregnancy, a fetus has no rights, but a woman does have legal rights over her body. A man has no rights over the fetus or the woman's body. Whereas after birth the child itself has rights to support from its parents.
Anyway, I do think women should make the decision with the father and take his opinion seriously. And people should be clear about this kind of thing before they knock boots.
I would worry that if the father were granted the authority to stop the abortion, they would make the woman have the kid and then take no responsibility for it post-birth...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM

18 posts, read 19,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laotzumindfu View Post
i think so. If he does not want the child she should either abort or choose to raise the baby without any financial assistance from the father.

Ditto! I would also add, without any money from taxpayers, either.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureshock View Post
Ditto! I would also add, without any money from taxpayers, either.
Which is EXACTLY why the support must come from those that produced the child. DUH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships