Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You're the hottie!
Ok, that's it, I'm gonna increase my gauntlet time to 90 minutes today, extra 20 on the rower and crash into bodypump class. Somebody stop me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM

151 posts, read 270,392 times
rawr much?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM

26 posts, read 86,424 times
Just deep rooted jealousy that's all. Human nature.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM

282 posts, read 526,194 times
They are insecure, unhappy and jealous...it's very sad!

Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Default Now for the flip side....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't seem to have this problem. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! LOL
Most likely that is because you are good-looking and a decent human being. Just a guess.

One thing that has not been addressed here: hot women (or just women who think they are hot ) who are needy, drama queens, terribly insecure, and/ or just plain flat out b*tches.

If you are a good-looking dame and some women don't like you, you can probably write that off to insecurity and jealousy on their part. *poof*

If you are a hot mama and no women like you, ever, you should probably do a little soul-searching.

Generally, super-duper-good-looking people with loads of self-confidence and great personalities make friends easily, with both genders. Men want to be with them, women want to be them.

Personally, I like to hang out with secure, intelligent, confident, good-looking, fit, people of both genders.

If someone is cute, but neurotic and dumb.....well, that's a deal-breaker for me. Both for lovers and friends.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Most likely that is because you are good-looking and a decent human being. Just a guess.

One thing that has not been addressed here: hot women (or just women who think they are hot ) who are needy, drama queens, terribly insecure, and/ or just plain flat out b*tches.

If you are a good-looking dame and some women don't like you, you can probably write that off to insecurity and jealousy on their part. *poof*

If you are a hot mama and no women like you, ever, you should probably do a little soul-searching.

Generally, super-duper-good-looking people with loads of self-confidence and great personalities make friends easily, with both genders. Men want to be with them, women want to be them.

Personally, I like to hang out with secure, intelligent, confident, good-looking, fit, people of both genders.

If someone is cute, but neurotic and dumb.....well, that's a deal-breaker for me. Both for lovers and friends.
Spot on! This is what I have observed as well.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:49 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I can see this being a "whatever" in the teens because well..teens are insane. lol

But I notice this a lot in the adult world. I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"

What is the "man version" of this? Is there one?
Hi pitt_transplant,

The same reason women always tell women they should get one of those short little hair cuts because its "so cute". It eliminates the competition. My wife wanted to get here hair cut a little shorted for the summer. I said sure go ahead. I was the one who convinced her to grow it longer. I also told her she will get compliments from women who will says "its cute". I caught women doing it twice and smiled at my wife. If she had cut it real short she would have had women everywhere telling here what a good idea it was. Men almost always look to see what was responsible for a rather obvious sign of continuous good health. When health is poor, the hair goes.
I also suspect this is not even done consciously. I liken it to a chemical defense in plants or thorns in roses, until it become so extreme women act consciously.
There is no male version of this that I am aware. Its usually out in the open.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:30 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post

Exactly! I find that a lot of these good-looking people who claim everyone is "hating" on them have a bit of a persecution complex. I see them as no different than the people who look for "racism" in every corner. It's a self-fulling prophecy for the most part.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Definitely insecurity and some contrived sense of competition. Thankfully, not all women.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi pitt_transplant,

The same reason women always tell women they should get one of those short little hair cuts because its "so cute". It eliminates the competition. My wife wanted to get here hair cut a little shorted for the summer. I said sure go ahead. I was the one who convinced her to grow it longer. I also told her she will get compliments from women who will says "its cute". I caught women doing it twice and smiled at my wife. If she had cut it real short she would have had women everywhere telling here what a good idea it was. Men almost always look to see what was responsible for a rather obvious sign of continuous good health. When health is poor, the hair goes.
I also suspect this is not even done consciously. I liken it to a chemical defense in plants or thorns in roses, until it become so extreme women act consciously.
There is no male version of this that I am aware. Its usually out in the open.
Do women really do that? I'm not being sarcastic..... I cut my hair short once and girls told me it was cute and I should keep it like that. I had no idea they were trying to eliminate the competition. Damn, I actually thought they thought my hair was cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships