Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 03:03 PM

29,782 posts, read 34,551,422 times

Advertisements

I can't imagine not having any women as friends--the way I look at it, we're on the same team: The Girls' Team. Does that mean that no women are jerks? Not at all, but I'm immediately suspicious of any woman who says other women aren't to be trusted. That's nutso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 03:28 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,077,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"
Is this "all" women or just "some" women? Are you sure you are not imagining things?

Do you have any single female friends your age that are not as good looking as you are? While some women can be quite nasty, it shouldn't always be this way. Some women out there just are unable to build any friendships with other women because of their own insecurities. The only women I remember having the same complain as you were the ones that were pretty nasty and jealous of other women. I'm not saying that's your case, just that that has been my experience.

Maybe this all new to you, but all I'm saying is that not all women are like that.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,321,923 times
I have a theory on this too. In the cave man days the more attractive cave women was better able to get the stronger cave man so the competition was fierce because survival for the women depended on hooking up with the strongest male. Another situation where it boils down to genetic programming... it is in our DNA.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,429,448 times
I'm actually dealing with a secretary at my OB's office who clearly has a disdain for me, but I get the feeling it's more financially motivated than looks (if that's possible.) Her dislike for me is so obvious that I told my DH that he has to come with me to an appointment to see for himself...she literally snarls at me! LOL I'm always professional and polite, so I can't see how I could have done anything wrong. It's really strange because I've never encountered anything like this before. I've dealt with b*tchy people before, but they were b*tchy to everybody, not just me, so I didn't take it personally. LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,609,157 times
jealousy its genderless.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,795,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
When I was younger I was threatened by beautiful women. Now, it would take a Victoria Secret model for me to even notice. I've got a life, a job, and stuff to do. I don't really even pay attention to the people around me unless its a cashier ringing me up or something. I just don't have time to care what anybody else is doing, looks like, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't imagine not having any women as friends--the way I look at it, we're on the same team: The Girls' Team. Does that mean that no women are jerks? Not at all, but I'm immediately suspicious of any woman who says other women aren't to be trusted. That's nutso.
Great replies, both of you. I'm sorry I can't rep you again yet.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm not judging you. All I said was that I believed there was more to the scenario than what you said. It doesn't mean that YOU are at fault or anything.

I'm a female and a very attractive one at that so I feel vaguely qualified to give an answer. I get along wonderfully with girls and I'm not exactly the sweetest person in the world either. I'm just open and genuine with everyone and they seem to respond back favorably.

Well i too am very attractive beautiful not that Id ever walk round like i thought I was.. and have experienced what the other girl is talking about.. I can only say that if there is strong love in you, you will be attacked and even more so if you are beautiful. I have it every day.. ignore them.. it shows how powerful love is and how convicted and enraged and blinded people are in this world. The world is a fallen place... Keep your head up girl and smile inside you got lots of blessings to come. I know it hurts it always does but do some more good and that pain goes away thats a promise. Ex pro model now Minister Bless ya xxx

Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,296,211 times
I was wondering about this too. Just watch a group of friends (girls) chilling and have a drop dead gorgeous girl in great shape walk in front of that group. I can guarantee you that group of friends will stop talking to undress her with their eyes up and down looking at every part of her body and then start with the nasty comments. There maybe many reasons: jealousy, competition, etc.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,528,031 times
The only girls I know who DON'T do this are the ones who were like the OP, not so attractive before and now hot. They've been through the transition and understand the difference.

The same phenonom appears with men, but it's a lot less worse. Usually, guys will just see you as pretentious or arrogant. I used to look very average until I got off the couch and took my health seriously. Since then I look a lot better and I see a big big difference in people's reaction. But to be honest, the b*tching also comes from women who, gasp, I dared to ignore when back then, they would've p*ssed at me for daring to talk to them.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,313,355 times
My transition was = wierdo punk -> model -> fat student -> better than most 30+

I've been the ugly duckling twice.

I never was like that ever. I was the one admitting openly that I wish my ____ looked like theirs etc. I don't know why people don't do that. Its much more fun & flattering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships