Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 PM

434 posts, read 933,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
From a man's perspective, I find it absolutely hysterical the way women tear each other apart. I worked in an office where a new girl was hired who was young, tall, hot and had all the guys drooling. But the other women would talk about her behind her back, trash her looks, call her fat, stupid, etc.

A few months later, a guy was hired who all the women described as hot. Tall, good looking, built, great smile, etc. The guys all knew what the women thought, but it didn't cause us to badmouth him. He was a real easygoing, cool and friendly guy who made friends easy. The guys respected him. No one ever talked about his behind his back.

Notice the contrast?
That's why I am straight sexually: men only!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 PM

434 posts, read 933,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Women are very competitive against each other, and cruel it seems.

Men are similar, when too many guys who think they are the alpha male get together ther will be fights. You usually hear stuff like 'I just don't like the guy' about someone they never met if they feel threatened.
Oh yes, I heard that sometimes.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 7,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
I think men feel jealous for sure, but it's like Jeepgirl described, some women just ooze this hateful, spiteful energy and give this LOOK. If you have gotten it, you know what it is. Men usually don't put that much energy into just staring a guy down. I myself don't even know how those women do it.

Like I might feel, "gosh I wish my hair did that" or "I wish my skin were that nice" but then if a woman sees me looking at her, I smile back, cause I don't want to creep anyone out or anything, and the thought is gone and I am on with my day. But some of these women, it's like they are trying to will you into feeling insecure, with their icy glares. And these are women who I think look good, not women with real issues with their looks. I just feel bad for them. I want to shake them and tell them that high cheekbones do not add anything of value to your life.
I completely agree. I went to live in Greece this summer on my own. At first (the group in the youth hostel) was mostly male and everyone was nice to me. Gradually as more and more women joined the group, I was made to feel paranoid by nasty glances and whispers, by the louder girls shunning me and it knocking my confidence, I retreated more and more into my shell, becoming practically ostracised from the group. The turning point came when I kissed the most handsome guy there and the girls who had been nice to me, turned against me! My insecurity made me shy and less confident, then I became less attractive. I started feeling bad about myself, even though I had been very kind to everyone. I was known by the local Greek men as quote THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE VILLAGE... this was comforting to hear and made me feel good. I did feel really sad that I no longer had girls to hang out with though. Then a girl in the hostel came into my room when she was blind drunk and started acting psycho and verbally attacking me! (I was reading a book in my bunkbed minding my own business at the time) Then she appologised 2 days later, but ignored me if she saw me out, making me feel extremely uncomfortable and unable to forget her cruel bullying words. After that, I felt less attractive as I withdrew a bit and interacted less with the people in the room... THEN I BECAME JEALOUS of beautiful girls around me! Before that I had been confident and kind and happy around other beautiful girls. I didn't succome to being mean to these girls though as I am a nice person, but the effect of being ostracised and bullied for my beauty, made me feel bad about myself and then I couldn't shine and be happy- the most attractive qualities a girl can show.

This kind of thing is the BAIN OF MY LIFE! I am at a loss as to how to deal it, I go through it over and over again, and I am still not equipped to manage the situation without becomming withdrawn. Anyone got any good advice how to handle it?

And don't even get me started on the beautiful girls who have 'befriended' me and started a subtle campaign to put me down constantly or steal guys' attention away from me (ie. when the guy as come over to me to chat me up and my 'friend' gets physically in between us and starts flirting like her life depends on it)

The girls who seem most threatened by my looks are the beautiful girls as they want to be the only good looking girl in the room and can't stand it when other people share that role. I like friends who don't care about looks too much. I prefer chosing friends on their kindness, music taste and sense of humour.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanibani View Post
I completely agree. I went to live in Greece this summer on my own. At first (the group in the youth hostel) was mostly male and everyone was nice to me. Gradually as more and more women joined the group, I was made to feel paranoid by nasty glances and whispers, by the louder girls shunning me and it knocking my confidence, I retreated more and more into my shell, becoming practically ostracised from the group. The turning point came when I kissed the most handsome guy there and the girls who had been nice to me, turned against me! My insecurity made me shy and less confident, then I became less attractive. I started feeling bad about myself, even though I had been very kind to everyone. I was known by the local Greek men as quote THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE VILLAGE... this was comforting to hear and made me feel good. I did feel really sad that I no longer had girls to hang out with though. Then a girl in the hostel came into my room when she was blind drunk and started acting psycho and verbally attacking me! (I was reading a book in my bunkbed minding my own business at the time) Then she appologised 2 days later, but ignored me if she saw me out, making me feel extremely uncomfortable and unable to forget her cruel bullying words. After that, I felt less attractive as I withdrew a bit and interacted less with the people in the room... THEN I BECAME JEALOUS of beautiful girls around me! Before that I had been confident and kind and happy around other beautiful girls. I didn't succome to being mean to these girls though as I am a nice person, but the effect of being ostracised and bullied for my beauty, made me feel bad about myself and then I couldn't shine and be happy- the most attractive qualities a girl can show.

This kind of thing is the BAIN OF MY LIFE! I am at a loss as to how to deal it, I go through it over and over again, and I am still not equipped to manage the situation without becomming withdrawn. Anyone got any good advice how to handle it?

And don't even get me started on the beautiful girls who have 'befriended' me and started a subtle campaign to put me down constantly or steal guys' attention away from me (ie. when the guy as come over to me to chat me up and my 'friend' gets physically in between us and starts flirting like her life depends on it)

The girls who seem most threatened by my looks are the beautiful girls as they want to be the only good looking girl in the room and can't stand it when other people share that role. I like friends who don't care about looks too much. I prefer chosing friends on their kindness, music taste and sense of humour.
I don't believe that all these girls hate you JUST because of your looks. There has to be something else.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM

Thanks a lot! Not only do I get my confidence knocked by them, but now I get judged by YOU... well I guess it's because you haven't met you and my story sounds unbelievable. Are you male/female? Just ask as most girls can relate to this type of experience. I am very very sweet, kind and friendly. It has been suggested to me that HORRIBLE girls will hate me more for being NICE as in they resent the fact they can't even convince people they don't like me because I'm a ***** or something. I have a sensitive gentle personality, so nasty girls take advantage of that ***** in my armour... what am I supposed to do? Become a *****? Make people afraid of me so they won't attack me?... I'd rather feel good about being a nice person... but it doesn't help solve the problem. I find their cruelty hard to ignore. It's always less of a problem when I have my girl friends around me.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM

the psycho girl who vebally attacked me coincidentally had the same hair cut and hair colour, the same figure, similar face type and also the same surname! She attacked me the same night she found out I had kissed that guy, even though she was just friends with him by her own choice.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:06 PM

all it takes is one girl with influence over others getting insecure and if she's ruthless and manipulative enough, then the above can happen.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,527,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanibani View Post
the psycho girl who vebally attacked me coincidentally had the same hair cut and hair colour, the same figure, similar face type and also the same surname! She attacked me the same night she found out I had kissed that guy, even though she was just friends with him by her own choice.
They dislike you because you seem very confrontational.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I don't believe that all these girls hate you JUST because of your looks. There has to be something else.
I agree, she doing something, giving off a vibe an attitude or just the tone she uses.
Females can be catty and can pick up on it in a New York minute.

Last edited by virgode; 11-18-2009 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,696 times
From my experience , all of the ladies and dudes I see who act in this fashion are mentally beneath me.

They usually act in this manner to divert attention from their own decrepit looks or a feeble attempt at increasing a self confidence level two slots from suicide. All the while doing these 'things' at expense of another.

I pity the fool!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships