Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 05:23 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times

Advertisements

i am a guy, at my job there is a guy who has hated me for years and he is more aggressive ambitious and more successful than i ever will be and i am also less attractive than he is but he still hates me. go figure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 05:40 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I can see this being a "whatever" in the teens because well..teens are insane. lol

But I notice this a lot in the adult world. I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"

What is the "man version" of this? Is there one?
There isn't a "man version ".

Folks on CD would do a lot better if they stopped insisting on posting sexist threads.

This is a HUMAN problem. It's called "tall poppy syndrome" and it affects men and women equally.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
Jealously plain and simple. I actually find much humour in watching girls "b**ch-pick" each other. Shows how childish they are and what they focus on. "My looks and whose looking at me." When another hot chick enters the room who takes away some of the male attention, the picks and forks start coming out from the barn that's for sure.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Woman compete with looks. Men compete with money.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Woman compete with looks. Men compete with money.
Really?

Someone needs to tell Gina Rinehart that.

Gina Rinehart 'more powerful than Beyonce' | News.com.au

Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM

^^^ Yeah, before advising her to get a face lift.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 05-27-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Old 05-27-2013, 07:13 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Not true in all cases. I ve never competed with looks with other women ,and never ever felt jealous or was bitchy to someone hotter. I think only mean people do this. I dont think its that normal. I would never behaved like this cause its not in me. I have plenty of beautiful girl friends and im happy to have them as friends, some times they have amazing beauty tips for the not so "girly" girls, like myself

I have one of my girly beautiful friends who does my nails and gives me gym advices all the time. She is super fit (much fitter than me) and gorgeous. It would never occur to me to be bitchy towards her and i never felt one inch of jealousy, cause i lover her and she is cool

Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Not true in all cases.
You're absolutely right. I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate. The reality is, in SOME cases, women compete with looks, and men compete with money. Thanks for enlightening me.

I guess it's like James Brown said... "This is a mans world. But it wouldn't be nothing, without a woman or a girl."

Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
I had an ex that was a shocker with this. She often told me how much she hated another girl we knew.
Bottom line, this other girl was slimmer and better looking than she was. While that wasn't what it was all about. I'd say it was a decent part of it.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
As someone on a similiar thread said,maybe if men didn't put the beautiful ones on a pedestal and ignore the unattractive women,this wouldn't happen.

Also,in my opinion,it isn't just about looks all the time.
I'm unattractive,yet some women still get jealous of me because of my job title,how much I make more etc, yet lots of the women who are jealous of me are married,are attractive, so I'm not so sure anymore.

MEN get jealous of women too. Not so sure where you guys are located,but I've had men jealous of me because of my job and my income too,so I'm not sure where this "men don't get jealous thing" comes from. In fact,I may have had more men jealous of me than women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships