Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times

Advertisements

I've cheated before: it feels good for a few minutes or hours, but after the crime, it feels terrible, bad, and filthy. Is not a nice feeling. At least not for me, since I actually have feelings for my spouse.

Why I've done it? I need sex, and I only cheated while I was underway on a TAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times
How come no one has suggested you beating the crap outta the guy she slept with? You'd feel better and she'd never cheat on you again for 20 different good reasons.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:44 PM

20 posts, read 47,758 times
what is a TAD

Old 01-27-2010, 02:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triguy View Post
what is a TAD
How about an update on your situation, since you started this thread last fall?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triguy View Post
what is a TAD
Generally it's a military acronym for "Temporary Active Duty." In other words, he was away from home!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:11 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Generally it's a military acronym for "Temporary Active Duty." In other words, he was away from home!
So that's how we support our troops?... We cheat on 'em and bang their women?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:12 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
How come no one has suggested you beating the crap outta the guy she slept with? You'd feel better and she'd never cheat on you again for 20 different good reasons.
As much sense as it makes when you're the one she cheated with and your rage overcomes your ability to reason, it doesn't make sense when you sleep with a woman whom you thought was single because she told you she was but instead turned out to be married, then you get an aluminum bat upside your head for something you didn't know you did. Not that I'm jumping to conclusions, just presenting one plausible bit of info that unreasonable people can usually overlook in these heat-of-the-moment situations.

And when a woman deceives one, or two or several other men and not just her husband, I think the 'payback' should be redirected somewhere other than the other man/men who got duped. And this isn't woman-hating; change the genders, and the same still applies.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Since the OP is back, I'll respond. I cheated on my husband when I was married. In my case, I just didn't see him as being a "man" by the last couple of years of our marriage. He wasn't a fixer, he was barely employed here and there, and anytime there was a household problem to be solved either I had to take care of it or it didn't get done. I was exhausted; it was too much of a burden for me. The man I slept with a few times was a real "go getter" type who was very much in control of himself and his destiny. Given what I had at home, this was very exciting to me.

I have a friend who cheated on her husband for different reasons - and I think this is very common. Her husband was a hard worker, used to work long hours, commute a lot etc in order to put a roof over the family's heads and food on the table. She felt neglected because he wasn't around, and didn't feel loved, so she sought out attention elsewhere. In this instance - and maybe yours is the same - I think that its a case of men and women viewing a situation differently, in a gender specific way. I know (now) that to a man he is thinking that he is working so hard, sacrificing personal time because he loves his wife. And women, they don't view these actions as a loving thing. They want to hear about love, they want to feel it. Neither are understanding each other.

My opinion regarding infidelity in general, is that a marriage can survive male infidelity far more easily than female infidelity. I don't think a man can handle the thought of a another guy's penis inside of his wife, and if he ejaculates in her... forget it! I know that you, OP, say you have forgiven her but its highly possible you are only trying to convince yourself.

Either way good luck.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:34 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Since the OP is back, I'll respond. I cheated on my husband when I was married. In my case, I just didn't see him as being a "man" by the last couple of years of our marriage. He wasn't a fixer, he was barely employed here and there, and anytime there was a household problem to be solved either I had to take care of it or it didn't get done. I was exhausted; it was too much of a burden for me. The man I slept with a few times was a real "go getter" type who was very much in control of himself and his destiny. Given what I had at home, this was very exciting to me.

I have a friend who cheated on her husband for different reasons - and I think this is very common. Her husband was a hard worker, used to work long hours, commute a lot etc in order to put a roof over the family's heads and food on the table. She felt neglected because he wasn't around, and didn't feel loved, so she sought out attention elsewhere. In this instance - and maybe yours is the same - I think that its a case of men and women viewing a situation differently, in a gender specific way. I know (now) that to a man he is thinking that he is working so hard, sacrificing personal time because he loves his wife. And women, they don't view these actions as a loving thing. They want to hear about love, they want to feel it. Neither are understanding each other.

My opinion regarding infidelity in general, is that a marriage can survive male infidelity far more easily than female infidelity. I don't think a man can handle the thought of a another guy's penis inside of his wife, and if he ejaculates in her... forget it! I know that you, OP, say you have forgiven her but its highly possible you are only trying to convince yourself.

Either way good luck.
In such situation where a man is working his socks off to provide for his family and therefore he spends less time with his family, instead of his wife whining and, sometimes, cheating, she should suggest that he works less and SHE gets up and finds a job to help and contribute financially to the household [considering the kids are school age]. It's very selfish by the wife in those circumstances and she should understand the burden that is on her husband's shoulder cos he is solely responsibly for putting food on the table and roof over their head.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
i dont care cheating is WRONG! and i hope you pay for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships