Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 09:49 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times

Advertisements

I think that pictures of breastfeeding women should be in it's own thread about the beauties of motherhood, there should be a "warning" in its title AND... that thread should be in the parenting section. I don't think that breastfeeding pictures should be in the Relationships forum where the emphasis in on romantic relationships of couples, both married and unmarried. And there are a number of us that aren't interested in childrearing.

There needs to be a warning in the thread title for pictures like that as there were full naked breast shots, some even with nipples. Just because a baby is also in the picture, doesn't make it less racy an image for anyone that might be at work and browsing the C-D forums.

What's next? Pictures of families living in nudist camps so we can see the whole beauty of the christian god creating man in his own image?

And it's also very off topic from the original thread subject of LEVOW's breast size preference imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:23 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that pictures of breastfeeding women should be in it's own thread about the beauties of motherhood, there should be a "warning" in its title AND... that thread should be in the parenting section. I don't think that breastfeeding pictures should be in the Relationships forum where the emphasis in on romantic relationships of couples, both married and unmarried. And there are a number of us that aren't interested in childrearing.

There needs to be a warning in the thread title for pictures like that as there were full naked breast shots, some even with nipples. Just because a baby is also in the picture, doesn't make it less racy an image for anyone that might be at work and browsing the C-D forums.

What's next? Pictures of families living in nudist camps so we can see the whole beauty of the christian god creating man in his own image?

And it's also very off topic from the original thread subject of LEVOW's breast size preference imo.
Hi miu,

That's the problem. Isolating breasts merely in the context of men's sexual preferences is part of the whole issue. I also find it irritating when women isolate them as being mere baby bottles for the same reason. There is no means of stripping away the cultural bias unless understanding the relationship . He even asked for the reason for his attaction did he not? Men's attraction to breasts and an infants obvious attraction are intimately related. I personally want to begin splitting heads open when hoolywood cleavage is acceptable over a baby's lunch. What is next? Putting women in jail for indecency for feeding their babies?
I don't have the mother baby breast feeding bond but I do have a violent streak for anything that interferes with it.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:25 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,392,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi miu,

That's the problem. Isolating breasts merely in the context of men's sexual preferences is part of the whole issue. I also find it irritating when women isolate them as being mere baby bottles for the same reason. There is no means of stripping away the cultural bias unless understanding the relationship . He even asked for the reason for his attaction did he not? Men's attraction to breasts and an infants obvious attraction are intimately related. I personally want to begin splitting heads open when hoolywood cleavage is acceptable over a baby's lunch. What is next? Putting women in jail for indecency for feeding their babies?
I don't have the mother baby breast feeding bond but I do have a violent streak for anything that interferes with it.

I agree. It's time for men and women to see female breasts for the miracle that they are. What other parts of human body provide so much use and function? Breasts provide a lot of pleasure for a man to touch and to look at. They also give a lot of pleasure for women when they are being touched, licked and caressed. Additionally they are a perfect source of nutrition for babies. Why separate it? Why not see a full picture and perhaps a man will start appreciating it more not just for his own pleasure.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,224,264 times
The pix were great, IMO. They brought back many wonderful memories. Nothing sexual about it. Thanks for posting.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:16 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Default Just a reminder about even the OPs scope of the discussion

https://www.city-data.com/forum/11058682-post22.html

just thought somebody might have a scientific explantion/theory for this, sorry!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,560,183 times
Pretty sad that people get riled up about pics of a woman breast feeding. It's a totally natural, beautiful thing.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,661,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Pretty sad that people get riled up about pics of a woman breast feeding. It's a totally natural, beautiful thing.

I remember seeing women breastfeeding on the bus.

perfectly natural

Old 10-10-2009, 05:19 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,424,820 times
Exclamation Warning about breastfeeding?

This is a notice to City-Data and everyone else...

If there ever comes a time when CD finds it a violation of their terms of usage or anyone registers a complaint against me or anyone else on this site for posting photos of breastfeeding AND CD upholds that complaint:

No one will have to ban me - let me know & I will gladly walk away from this site, remove my profile, & be gone.

There have been so many absurdities stated (IMHO) I can't even begin to know where to start but immediately recall someone mentioning not wanting to bear or rear children blah blah blah. NEITHER DO I! What's the point?

Throughout the world it is perfectly acceptable to breastfeed openly & in public. There have been issues raised in the US on this issue - mothers being forced off buses, out of restaurants, whatever - for indecency. Sometimes arrested.

I find those very notions indecent.

Thankfully, for those who care not to bear or rear children - their mothers did (breastfed or not).

This is so absurd I can't even believe it was brought up.

WARNING? OMG... really? No one said one word about a warning when direct photos of cleavage were posted - purely for entertainment, enjoyment, sexuality - but breastfeeding photos should be banned or come with a WARNING?

Now I remember why I've stayed away from CD for so long - despite my joy over it being the ultimate source of my finding my brother.

(thank you to those who see the relevance & also appreciate the beauty)

Old 10-10-2009, 07:02 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,035,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I say it with as much love as I can: oh, grow up.
We need to transport you into Africa, where women do not cover up, so you can get a taste of reality. lol.
Sorry, but I dont find that beautiful, nor is it something I want to see...nor is it something others that might be viewing this at work can safely stumble upon.

Transport me to Africa?
Sweet! There are diamonds there...and other gemstones I could look around for. Wouldnt mind adding a rough diamond to my hoard of stones....
Then I can live with hyena's and hippos....or just away from women completely in a tree somewhere whilst I hunt for rocks.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:09 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,392,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Sorry, but I dont find that beautiful, nor is it something I want to see...nor is it something others that might be viewing this at work can safely stumble upon.

Transport me to Africa?
Sweet! There are diamonds there...and other gemstones I could look around for. Wouldnt mind adding a rough diamond to my hoard of stones....
Then I can live with hyena's and hippos....or just away from women completely in a tree somewhere whilst I hunt for rocks.
Eh, I was kidding, girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships