Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,037,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Pretty sad that people get riled up about pics of a woman breast feeding. It's a totally natural, beautiful thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I remember seeing women breastfeeding on the bus.

perfectly natural

Perfectly natural.

Also perfectly disgusting. Perfect way of advertising "Look! My boobs are leaking and the kid is eating it!"
Stick a blanket over them or something if you're out in public. There are others who dont care to see what some mothers think is a "miracle"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Eh, I was kidding, girl.
Shoot..Ive always wanted to go to Africa because of the gemstones. Id be perfectly happy there for a few months with the proper supplies and the right mining spot.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,206,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
The pix were great, IMO. They brought back many wonderful memories. Nothing sexual about it. Thanks for posting.
Another aspect of posting those pictures is that they most likely were pictures that were taken by other people and posted without the photographers' permission... which is a violation of C-D rules.

Again, I realize that some of you women are all ga-ga over the miracle of birth and breast feeding, but why not make your own thread about it in the parenting section so that the rest of us can avoid it. And I have no desire in real life to see any woman breast feeding her baby. I am not the only one finding the sight very unappealing. The parenting forum is obviously filled with people who love babies and children. However, you should respect that within this forum and in real life, there is a significant percentage of people that don't want or even like children. And while those were physically fit women breast feeding their babies, there are plenty of obese mothers that would be rather gross to look at with a baby suckling at her breast. Just where should the lines be drawn as to what breast feeding pictures are appropriate to post in this public PG-13 board?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Also, on ALL the other message boards that I am a member of, those pictures would not be considered "work safe" and would require a warning on the title of the thread. And members posting pictures like these without a warning would get banned by the admins.
Only sick, VERY, VERY sick minds can find something other than innocent in pictures of women nursing their babies!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Another aspect of posting those pictures is that they most likely were pictures that were taken by other people and posted without the photographers' permission... which is a violation of C-D rules.

Again, I realize that some of you women are all ga-ga over the miracle of birth and breast feeding, but why not make your own thread about it in the parenting section so that the rest of us can avoid it. And I have no desire in real life to see any woman breast feeding her baby. I am not the only one finding the sight very unappealing. The parenting forum is obviously filled with people who love babies and children. However, you should respect that within this forum and in real life, there is a significant percentage of people that don't want or even like children. And while those were physically fit women breast feeding their babies, there are plenty of obese mothers that would be rather gross to look at with a baby suckling at her breast. Just where should the lines be drawn as to what breast feeding pictures are appropriate to post in this public PG-13 board?
You seem to have a pretty cold and detached way of viewing the world.

I don't have kids either, but some of your posts are just dripping with vitriol and hatred for kids.

Seems a little over the top.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,425,349 times
Quote:

Something you or no one else bothered to point out w/ cleavage photos... interesting.

There is no line to be drawn. Period. I don't care a rat's whaatoosie about people doing personal stuff online while at work & afraid they'll get caught. There's a line full of people on unemployment waiting to take that job & likely take it more seriously.

As for breastfeeding - CD is a private site, to my knowledge & given that it is the internet I cannot proclaim to know what rules they are & are not required to follow.

I find it vile that anyone would dare oppose a breastfeeding photo but not one objectifying a woman & her breasts.

Follow the flow of the 'dialogue' - there was nothing out of line about them being posted & they certainly qualify as photos that portray "relationships" - wouldn't you say? Who has any business on a "relationships" site during work time using work computers, etc - unless said "relationship" are about improving work relationships - even then, most company policies are gonna say NO NO NO!

As far as the law in most places in the USA are concerned - it is considered discrimination to prevent a woman from breastfeeding in public & she cannot be required to cover herself either (although I believe some jurisdictions have tried or still have 'cover up' clauses).

I have no idea what you look like or how to conduct yourself in public but it's entirely possible that I surely don't want to see the site of you doing whatever it is you do either - TOUGH. Just as I say TOUGH to you!

The idea that a woman is required to cover her breasts in public at all is ludicrous - men & women have the same body parts manifest in some different ways - but we all started out the same. Why are men - regardless how obese or "unsightly" to some they may be - allowed to go in public w/ their man boobs uncovered? Given "correct stimulation" - men are biologically able to lactate w/ their breasts just as women are but they get to have theirs flopping out whether any of us care to see them or not.

Aren't you the one who earlier made some odd comment nudists, christianity , & creation? What a positively obscure tainted version of things you have in your mind that, in this thread, seems rather narrow minded.

Yippeee that you aren't wanting to procreate - thank god / goddess / all things sacred & holy, in fact. (as I've stated, my perspective isn't about my wanting to belt out a compound of children myself) BUT, you're just gonna have to deal with other people's rights to pull out their breast & feed their infant, toddler, or preschooler right there in front of you - without covering it in shame one single bit.

Thankfully, laws in the US most everywhere give women the right to do that. And, thankfully, when faced w/ large sweaty hairy man boobs, I have the right to look away or appreciate in awe (depending upon my perspective - which, truly, is that I couldn't care less one way or another - except that his are allowed to jiggle free while any woman not breast feeding is required to cover up).

PG-13 board? Breast feeding doesn't even fit on a rating scale. You may not like it & others may not either - but it is natural, healthy, & not remotely obscene or in need of a WARNING (especially not for people who are stealing from their companies by doing personal stuff on the computer while at work - using company resources). In the general public it is protected by law.

ugh

Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times
All the boob rhetoric in this thread is sort of scaring me. Do I have a brief stint of mastophobia?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,396,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Shoot..Ive always wanted to go to Africa because of the gemstones. Id be perfectly happy there for a few months with the proper supplies and the right mining spot.
Go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:15 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,425,349 times
Quote:

In a desire to "seek first to understand", I checked out your profile:

Religion/Worldview:

"An Atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god."

Beneath your name you have:

"Devout Atheist Humanist"

The easiest way for me to apply the word "devout" to your claim of atheism is to show the synonyms listed (number 3 striking me as the most applicable):

Synonyms:

1. worshipful; holy, saintly. See religious. 3. intense, serious, fervent, ardent.

Humanism:

1. any system or mode of thought or action in which human interests, values, and dignity are taken to be of primary importance, as in moral judgments. Concern with the interests, needs, and welfare of humans.
2. a theory of the life of man as a responsible being behaving independently of a revelation or deity.

-------------

So, I find what you've stated over & over again in this thread rather contradictory to your own proclamations of devotion as it pertains to humanism.

My apologies if this should be private but I truly seek to understand something so utterly foreign to my sensibilities - that seems rather hateful & altogether not supportive of the needs, interests, & well-being of human beings in general.

Again, my apologies to everyone. I'm stumped.

Last edited by think.reciprocity; 10-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: error in quote... oops

Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Go ahead, nobody is stopping you.
Give me the money and someway to avoid being stuck with all the needles required for vaccinations and I will.

You can come too. No boobie-flashing though. Against the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships