Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 AM

625 posts, read 952,870 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I think most women (single moms and women without kids) don't want to marry single dads because they don't want the legal and financial responsibility of taking care of someone else's kids. I also think most men (single dads and men without kids) don't want to marry single moms because they don't want the legal and financial responsibility of taking care of someone else's kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Honestly, I think most women (single moms and women without kids) don't want to marry single dads because they don't want the legal and financial responsibility of taking care of someone else's kids. I also think most men (single dads and men without kids) don't want to marry single moms because they don't want the legal and financial responsibility of taking care of someone else's kids.
This sadly can very much be the truth. But some single parents are just so darn irresistible.

When love and attraction is that strong, you overlook the financial responsibilities, and such. You really cannot help whom you fall in love with..

Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 AM

788 posts, read 1,272,076 times
I have single friends who date single fathers, but I refuse to date anyone with kids. That's an absolute deal breaker for me and for multiple reasons.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:23 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I have single friends who date single fathers, but I refuse to date anyone with kids. That's an absolute deal breaker for me and for multiple reasons.

Woman just do not want to raise another woman kids is i big one right?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 AM

102,215 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Women who don't want to have their own kids figure that a guy who already has kids will let them off the hook. That doesn't always hold true, having kids can actually be an advantage for men in some sectors of the dating market.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Woman just do not want to raise another woman kids is i big one right?
That's a weird way to say it. They may be be another woman's kids, but if the guy she's in love with is their father, they figure it out. Rejecting the kids would be rejecting a part of him, and that wouldn't fly in a mature relationship.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:34 AM

356 posts, read 1,269,308 times
When I was single I dated guys with kids. it was fine. i liked the kids but always felt a little insecure about it all. i was worried if the kids liked me and sometimes i felt in the way sometimes ..but not jealous
but i was in my 20s if that makes a difference .. i think it may

Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
When I met my husband, he was a single dad who had his kids full-time, and I was single with no kids. I thought it was great that he was taking care of his kids. His ex-wife was in prison for embezzlement, and I didn't have to deal with her.

We've been married 7 years, together 12, and both his kids consider me Mom.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This sadly can very much be the truth. But some single parents are just so darn irresistible.

When love and attraction is that strong, you overlook the financial responsibilities, and such. You really cannot help whom you fall in love with..
My only fear of dating a single mom is what is i like her kid more then i like her ? I all ready know will end up staying too long and it not far to either one of us. I just feel like if I walk out i will be walking out on the child like his or her real dad did.

I know i am not dating her kid and all but it is a package deal kind of thing so it is complicated.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:14 PM

83 posts, read 97,677 times
The best most drama free situation I know involves my sister and the guy she married.

The guy knocked up his girlfriend (or rather she went off her birth control, at least that's the story) when they were both 18. They never married, and they split up two years later while he was in college but maintained a pretty good relationship.

The guy makes really good money as a business owner and was 34 when he met my sister, who was 29 at the time, and by that time the kid was 16-17 and in his senior of HS.

They got married, his kid went off to college and doesn't live with them, they bought this awesome house together, and now she's expecting. So at age 36, he's going to be a dad again.

My sister is incredibly happy, and his kid likes my sister.

This is one of these success stories. My sister judged him on the type of guy he was - and she dated guys without kids guys before she met him but he was best of all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships