Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 07:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times

Advertisements

For those who are concerned about drama: Do you think it would help to meet the baby mama, early on and/or before getting emotionally attached to the dad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Nope, it's essential I find out he has kids before I get involved. I don't care to meet baby mama because I won't be dating baby daddy either.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 AM

133 posts, read 172,126 times
Why would they want to waste time with those?

There's 10/1 single never married....not even had a DATE in years guys around me.

Why take a guy who is going to be a problem?

I wouldn't.......hook up with the guy with ZERO baggage.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 AM

133 posts, read 172,126 times
Matter of fact....if you find a guy who has a kid and is out of a relationship.....something must be wrong with him around here.

Stupid guy down the road "Danny" has 4 kids by 4 different women. Been arrested three times for DUI....smokes dope....domestic battery charges, can't keep a job because of all the "jail" time.....is also a drunk and a loser.

Doesn't Ed who's 37 and still lives on his parents farm seem like the better option?

Old 05-12-2013, 03:16 AM

541 posts, read 941,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Alot of single girls that i know, have told me that they hesitate to date guys w kids, because their kinda selfish and dont like sharing the guys w his kids. They get upset that on the weekends that the guys have their kids, they cant go out or do anything w them, do you single ladies, hesitate to date guys w kids?

no this is not the reason for me. there is too much drama. i would never date a guy who has a kid, thats a deal breaker.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman_King View Post
Matter of fact....if you find a guy who has a kid and is out of a relationship.....something must be wrong with him around here.

Stupid guy down the road "Danny" has 4 kids by 4 different women. Been arrested three times for DUI....smokes dope....domestic battery charges, can't keep a job because of all the "jail" time.....is also a drunk and a loser.

Doesn't Ed who's 37 and still lives on his parents farm seem like the better option?

To me yes but apparently to some Danny is a better choice because he has relationships. I don't get that logic and would rather date a basement dweller than a guy with multiple baby mamas.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,432 times
Yes. Have no desire to date someone with children. I do not ever want children and my dream guy has a vasectomy.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM

175 posts, read 279,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Alot of single girls that i know, have told me that they hesitate to date guys w kids, because their kinda selfish and dont like sharing the guys w his kids. They get upset that on the weekends that the guys have their kids, they cant go out or do anything w them, do you single ladies, hesitate to date guys w kids?
I would strongly prefer to date childless men. Not many people aspire to be a stepparent. If a childless person had two equally desirable potential relationships, and one potential had children and the other didn't, not many people would choose the prospect with children.

I kind of laugh at the bitter assumption that we are "selfish" and don't want to "share the guy". I have my own career, education, girlfriends, hobbies, etc. I don't want to be in a guy's pocket 24/7 nor do I want him in mine. I just don't have any desire to co-parent another couple's child/ren. I would rather create my own family.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetnights View Post
I would strongly prefer to date childless men. Not many people aspire to be a stepparent. If a childless person had two equally desirable potential relationships, and one potential had children and the other didn't, not many people would choose the prospect with children.

I kind of laugh at the bitter assumption that we are "selfish" and don't want to "share the guy". I have my own career, education, girlfriends, hobbies, etc. I don't want to be in a guy's pocket 24/7 nor do I want him in mine. I just don't have any desire to co-parent another couple's child/ren. I would rather create my own family.
I get so annoyed when some people use the "selfish" excuse as a way to attack childless who don't date parents. Sure, there are some selfish childless people but there are selfish parents too. I've been called selfish because I don't want to support some man's family, including his exwife. No that's not being selfish what is selfish is when a parent dates a childless for the reason that the childless will then support their family.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Yes I would date a man with a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships