Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 01:25 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,098,381 times

Advertisements

I am a firm believer in responsibility. If you know the risks of sex... such as pregnancy... you should be responsible for them. If you get an std from a broken comdom you can't sue the person who gave it to you., why should you be able to kill the child you helped create? But that is just my humble opinion.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
at work they want to be treated as equals, but the second the get off work they go back to being "taken care of" by the men they are either dating or married to. Its ok to say what a man is supposed to do, yet a woman has choices and any man (including her own husband) who dare says what she is supposed to do is immediately called a sexist.
Has this ever actually happened to anyone, or are you just creating a straw argument to prove your point? Why would any normal woman treat her husband that way, and why would any normal man marry a woman like that?

The argument against feminism seems to be a lot of "Feminists are like < crazy face and yelly noises>" but so much of the man-ruining behavior these women are accused of is so out of the realm of normalcy the argument just doesn't hold water.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-19-2010 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
With that logic dare I say women will never be taken seriously because at work they want to be treated as equals, but the second the get off work they go back to being "taken care of" by the men they are either dating or married to.
Question.

If the woman is working a job along side men and going home to a man, exactly how is she being "taken care of"?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,685,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I am a firm believer in responsibility. If you know the risks of sex... such as pregnancy... you should be responsible for them. If you get an std from a broken comdom you can't sue the person who gave it to you., why should you be able to kill the child you helped create? But that is just my humble opinion.
In all the time I've heard complaints about an abortion a man didn't want, or a child a man didn't want to support, I have yet to hear that the couple discussed the consequences of an unintended pregnancy prior to having sex. We are all adults now who are happy to discuss our favorite sexual position with each other, but yet we don't announce our intentions/desires should a pregnancy occur.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,697 times
Perhabs guys would be more gentlemen if you girls didn't dump em for being "niceguys" :P

Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
In all the time I've heard complaints about an abortion a man didn't want, or a child a man didn't want to support, I have yet to hear that the couple discussed the consequences of an unintended pregnancy prior to having sex. We are all adults now who are happy to discuss our favorite sexual position with each other, but yet we don't announce our intentions/desires should a pregnancy occur.
I informed all my partners (after my first dh) prior to any sexual activity that if by any quirk of fate a pregnancy resulted, I would be at the abortion clinic so fast it would make their head swim.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Should everyone be paid equally for their work? Of course. Does that mean that the push for that equality be used to manipulate men into behaving a certain way OUTSIDE the workplace? No. It was mentioned here that women feel entitled to have a man take care of them financially because that is apparently what a man is supposed to do. Fine. With that logic dare I say women will never be taken seriously because at work they want to be treated as equals, but the second the get off work they go back to being "taken care of" by the men they are either dating or married to. Its ok to say what a man is supposed to do, yet a woman has choices and any man (including her own husband) who dare says what she is supposed to do is immediately called a sexist. It is what it is.
I'm sorry, I'm not following what you are saying. I work, sometimes at an office and sometimes out of the house. When I am not working, I am cooking, cleaning, looking after the children, shopping for groceries, planning meals, and doing laundry. My husband has chores too, so I am not saying he doesn't help, but I DO do these things in addition to my paying job. I believe more than 50% of the working wives do more than 50% of the housework and child-rearing, on average. How does that translate into "being taken care of" by our husbands?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,413,119 times
I've never met a nice guy that sat around telling everyone how nice he was.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,685,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I informed all my partners (after my first dh) prior to any sexual activity that if by any quirk of fate a pregnancy resulted, I would be at the abortion clinic so fast it would make their head swim.
As well you should if that's how you feel about it; if a man doesn't like it, he shouldn't sleep with you. And guys, wearing a condom isn't good enough, if you absolutely positively can't handle her getting an abortion. No whining later once you are told what is going to happen.

It's a simple as that.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Perhabs guys would be more gentlemen if you girls didn't dump em for being "niceguys" :P
This comming from a 20 yr. old whose main attribute is his looks and getting women in bed?

Quote:
what I've mainly had going for me in the past have been my physique and that chicks have been hooked if they for some reason ended up in a bed with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships