Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 PM

160 posts, read 454,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
Feminism - Salon.com

It just seems like more and more people are miserable.Every married person or person in a relationship that I know is unhappy and they tell me don't get married and have kids it ruins everything. Or "men suck, they are pig, dogs" or "women are too independant, they need to get back to the kitchen". Everyone is always getting divorces, its like you're bound to fail if you marry. I remember there was a time that people stayed married for life now, people have 48 hour marriages.

I glad that feminism allowed me to work, get an education, vote, and gave me abortion rights but I never asked for it to make everything equal! I hate "going Dutch" or paying for dates and meals for a man, I believe that a man is suppose to pay for dinner and dates, I would only pay for a guy unless it's his b-day, graudation, he got a promotion or a raise. I miss men being MEN! Holding doors, taking charge, being the leader, being go getters. There is nothing more sexier than a dominant Alpha male.

I don't 'serve a man' just because it tells me to in the Bible. I serve a man out of respect to him. I serve a man out of love for him. I serve a man out of a loyalty to him.I like the view from atop my pedestal and see no reason to come down.If you enjoy your feminism, then more power to you. Just don't take away my right to not be a feminist.
I hate to say it but....yes....feminism has ruined relationships between men and women. Take a look at my post "Why don't men pursue women anymore"......Geeze what a hot topic that has now 29 pages of comments in just a few days. There are some bitter men out there and I hate to say that we had something to do with that.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
See, here's where you and I differ.....I don't hold every man responsible for things that "some" men have done."""

Neither do I. There are many male femininists.

"""Why should all men be punished for some men's mistakes. """

Oh c'mon! Punished? How? By experiencing a relatively mild form of what women experienced since the beginning of time? Too bad!

"""That's what's going on here for some of these guys.... they think that "most" women are like the few princesses they've met. I'm quite sure some of these guys have been prejudiced against as much as anyone else....maybe for different things, but still....... Why be mean?
Mean to laugh at their whining? No, just laughing at it.

Many of these whiners have no knowledge of what women went through , and still go through, due to sexism, not a clue...so any little slight and they're wailing like two-year-olds.

I just wanted to know how sexism feels to them.......

Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't care what you men's libbers say, you're killing the bugs and that's that.
Not only that. And also the the lawn work, garage, car repair, electrical house repair etc. I do all those things for the women in my life, because I want to and I want to please them. Not because I feel obligated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Many of these whiners have no knowledge of what women went through , and still go through, due to sexism, not a clue...so any little slight and they're wailing like two-year-olds.

I have experienced sexism and misandry. It's not nice. It is bad and it destroyed my self-confidence at one point. Why do you hate men so much and want them to go through that? This is like saying all white people should feel what racism is like just because other white people centuries ago were responsible for slavery back in the days. It's stupid and ridiculous. Your misandry and man-hating comments are rather sad.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Where I used to work, the women made up about 75% of the employees. Whenever we got delivered equipments for the office, it was always the men who had to go down 4 floors to the main reception and do the hard work of carrying it back up. The women claimed it was men's job, lol. We, men, didn't mind anyway and did the work [and we ended up sweating which was annoying], but we just found it hilarious that the double standard about wanting equality at the workplace, yet they are the ones designating and telling us what "mens job" were.

Funny times.

Dorrans....The only women I have ever seen that can even come close to lifting more than I do is on TV and she is probably juicing. Just move the boxes. Women as much is they just love to pretend they can fling around a 100lbs, can't. And I love to remind women that if they choose to expatriate us to the moon, they will never open another jar.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
I hate to say it but....yes....feminism has ruined relationships between men and women. Take a look at my post "Why don't men pursue women anymore"......Geeze what a hot topic that has now 29 pages of comments in just a few days. There are some bitter men out there and I hate to say that we had something to do with that.
NO, men being bitter is THEIR fault....if they can't handle human equality THEY have the problem.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:

No matter how many times we "try" to explain it...as I said previously, you have to experience it....I mean really, experience it before you can understand it. I honestly don't think that reverse discrimination is the way to do it. How do we look any "better/different" than men, if we gloat over the fact that we now have the power to make their lives as miserable as some of them have made ours? Wrong is just that.....it's wrong. As for me, I have no intention of lowering myself to the standard of some of the insensitive monsters out there. I'm better (sorry...more civilized and compassionate) than that.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Not only that. And also the the lawn work, garage, car repair, electrical house repair etc. I do all those things for the women in my life, because I want to and I want to please them. Not because I feel obligated.

I have experienced sexism and misandry. It's not nice. It is bad and it destroyed my self-confidence at one point. Why do you hate men so much and want them to go through that?"""

Many men don't care when women go through it.

"" This is like saying all white people should feel what racism is like just because other white people centuries ago were responsible for slavery back in the days."""

ABSOLUTELY! Especially if they are making racist statements...it's a great idea!

It's stupid and ridiculous. Your misandry and man-hating comments are rather sad.
LOL! Yup , "The Old Comeback" (trite and stupid)....all of us who believe in HUMAN equality are all man-haters....

That's the "weapon" many women haters who are against equality throw out there...doesn't phase me...I've heard it all before....a load of cra!

So all the sexist men in here are woman haters? Correct?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,689,057 times
Quote:
AAAwwww teaching your son to whine...how cute! How to resent women! Adorable!

It is so funny reading all the male whining in here! Poor babies...history and life have been so unfair to them....those big mean women are being so UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...wahhhhhhhhh!!!

You

don't

how

that

feels?

TOUGH!

Neither did women.

So when I answer his question with an honest answer its considered teaching him to whine? Wow. I don't whine about double standards, I accept them and let him know that it is what it is, and that complaining about it doesn't get the job done. Not to acknowledge the obvious double standard here and to ignore it IMO is a bigger insult. I have NEVER expected my wife to cook, clean, or "look pretty" when I come home for work. She does these things because she herself knows as a partner in a marriage that is the fair thing to do, yet as I stated before she does assign gender to some of the things I do on a regular basis. That is what I have a problem with. Her ideology behind this is why I told my son what I told him.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
That Who?Me? character got serious issues. Go see a therapist or something.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships