Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you wonder if they actually saw the injustices on their own or if they had wifes, mothers and daughters on their heals pushing for change.
Or......loyal sons who love their moms and couldn't handle the injustice, sons who watched their fathers abuse or berate their moms? Let's not forget, there really ARE some men out there who treated their women very well and respectfully, even when it wasn't popular to do so.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Agreed..... if we're truly honest about it...we sexes are equally to blame for this stuff. It's terrible, too..because no one, single gender is innocent of doing so. Individuals might be blameless, the the gender, as a whole, is not. There are good and bad people in both genders. It's really not fair to judge everyone, based on the experience of some.

You know, something else that hasn't been discussed here? Men had the power. Oh I know that there were some strong women out there who fought like mad for women's rights, dont' get me wrong. We need to realize though, that there were men (they had the power)...but there were men out there who saw the injustices against women. We women wouldn't have the rights we have today if it weren't for the backing of some really great men out there. That seems to be something that a lot of women....AND men, forget.
I have to disagree on the equal blame part....as you said, "Men had the power"...for centuries....and abused it.

Yes, there are male feminists, always have been, but women could've done it without them....as they do so many other things.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes View Post
I'm sure this might be true for some women, but not all. I myself am a rape survivor. I still have a great sense of humor, I can dish it out and take this type of humor. Only one man raped me, not all men.
That's great for you but all women are NOT the same, as all PEOPLE are not the same, all RAPES are not the same....all reactions aren't the same.

The point is that IN THE WORKPLACE humans should feel safe from abuse..sexual innuendos, jokes, are not professional....if one has a NEED for this there's always the saloon after work.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's great for you but all women are NOT the same, as all PEOPLE are not the same, all RAPES are not the same....all reactions aren't the same.

The point is that IN THE WORKPLACE humans should feel safe from abuse..sexual innuendos, jokes, are not professional....if one has a NEED for this there's always the saloon after work.
What part of "SOME WOMEN" don't you understand? I said SOME WOMEN. You really need to get a grip.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
I have to disagree on the equal blame part....as you said, "Men had the power"...for centuries....and abused it.

Yes, there are male feminists, always have been, but women could've done it without them....as they do so many other things.

Inquiring minds want to know:

How precisely DID men "have the power", what was this power, how did they abuse it and since they apparently no longer have said power, what are women doing differently with it?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes View Post
What part of "SOME WOMEN" don't you understand? I said SOME WOMEN. You really need to get a grip.
You posted:"""
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes
I'm sure this might be true for some women, but not all. I myself am a rape survivor. I still have a great sense of humor, I can dish it out and take this type of humor. Only one man raped me, not all men.""

....your point of view but at the end you wrote "Only one man raped me, not all men.""

as if other women should "get a grip" and not let it bother them. If you didn't mean that, sorry I took it that way.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 01-20-2010 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
Quote:

Do you work in HR?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Inquiring minds want to know:

How precisely DID men "have the power", what was this power, how did they abuse it and since they apparently no longer have said power, what are women doing differently with it?
If you have never cracked a history book...sheesh, I can't start now.. I can't type that much..what do we have..... how many thousands of years of written history...and you've never learned any of it?

Unbelievable...

Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Do you work in HR?
Nope, just worked for 45 years and have seen it all.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Quote:
You posted:"""
Originally Posted by SexyBrownEyes
I'm sure this might be true for some women, but not all. I myself am a rape survivor. I still have a great sense of humor, I can dish it out and take this type of humor. Only one man raped me, not all men.""

....your point of view but at the end you wrote "Only one man raped me, not all men.""

as if other women should "get a grip" and not let it bother them. If you didn't mean that sorry I took it that way.
No, I didn't mean it that way, my point was just because one man hurt me, I don't punish the rest of the male population for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships