Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 04:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times

Advertisements

I see this word 'feminism' bandied around with no definition.

Newsflash, there are many forms of feminism, there is no one 'brand'.

I have noticed misogynists on this forum never define what they mean and use the word as a derogatory term constantly, so they can blame women for their own failures as a man.

Feminism has given women power...tough luck if you can't handle it.

And until girls in third world countries are not being mutilated, and women like
Aung San Suu Kyi are not under house arrest anymore, women will continue to speak up loudly to demand fair treatment.

Until men have had their centuries of degradation and inequality they should be quiet.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Until men have had their centuries of degradation and inequality they should be quiet.
Are you trying to force something? You heard it here first, this one doesn't think men should speak up.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi solytaire,

Actually it would add to the supply thus decreasing female sexual monopoly power. It is essentially transactional polyandry.
This I knew to be so...which is why my statement was made entirely in the context of addressing the concept of equalizing financial capital (economic equity) rather than the compromising effects it will have on the individual female's sexual power over men.

Last edited by solytaire; 06-23-2010 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I see this word 'feminism' bandied around with no definition.

Newsflash, there are many forms of feminism, there is no one 'brand'.

That last bit there -- THAT is what separates "Feminism" from "Women's Lib". You put it QUITE succinctly.

Feminism isn't about being freed from illogical inequalities such as lacking the power to vote or the erstwhile verboten nature of certain jobs based on gender.

No, it's about vindictiveness and most of all about POWER rather than "empowerment". It's not about equality at all but about seizing a superior position with an eye for revenge for slights the majority of you have never endured in the first place.

To the end of my days I shall remain an adamant Women's Libber, but just so I shall always spit to the side to clear my mouth of the bad taste of Feminism with a kind of Get thee behind me forebearance.

Most of all, that last bit, which is ALL too common to most alleged "branches" of Feminism, illustrates perfectly why Feminists are nowhere near as enlightened as they purport to be.

Utterly disgusting and worthy of nought but scorn. You've nicely proved the misogynists' point FOR them -- well done!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:14 PM

483 posts, read 556,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
Feminism - Salon.com

I miss men being MEN! Holding doors, taking charge, being the leader, being go getters. There is nothing more sexier than a dominant Alpha male.
We miss females being WOMEN. Feminism ruined females relationships with themselves. Their twisted thinking ( such as yours) ruined it for their relationships with men or horses or whatever females are doing these days.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:17 PM

483 posts, read 556,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
That last bit there -- THAT is what separates "Feminism" from "Women's Lib". You put it QUITE succinctly.

Feminism isn't about being freed from illogical inequalities such as lacking the power to vote or the erstwhile verboten nature of certain jobs based on gender.

No, it's about vindictiveness and most of all about POWER rather than "empowerment". It's not about equality at all but about seizing a superior position with an eye for revenge for slights the majority of you have never endured in the first place.

To the end of my days I shall remain an adamant Women's Libber, but just so I shall always spit to the side to clear my mouth of the bad taste of Feminism with a kind of Get thee behind me forebearance.

Most of all, that last bit, which is ALL too common to most alleged "branches" of Feminism, illustrates perfectly why Feminists are nowhere near as enlightened as they purport to be.

Utterly disgusting and worthy of nought but scorn. You've nicely proved the misogynists' point FOR them -- well done!
She's proven herself and others of that same mindset to be misandrists.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM

Females these days are in relationships. holding down jobs, raising children, participating in their community, caring for their elderly parents, establishing careers, doing voluntary work etc.

Women are making an effort to do many things and they do not deserve this hateful sentiment so prevalent at least in this forum.

So some women are douches and skanks, that somehow negates the good ones?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
She's proven herself and others of that same mindset to be misandrists.
Oh nonsense, I am happily married, I spoil my man and he has no complaints. I love men. You mistake my passion. I despise misogynists, simple as that. And there are a whole lot of them in this forum.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
ubetcha
many false prophets came out of the 60's. we didnt like the way our grandparents did things - so we did our own version. we have failed.
gloria steinem, nobody does it better. sing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaV-6qerkqI

Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 PM

283 posts, read 458,774 times
Did feminism ruin relationship between men and woman?

yes it did but at least but hopefully we will not reach total equality for the sexes. Total equality for the sexes is impossible men CANNOT GET PREGNANT AND WILL NEVER HAVE PMS. This means that men will always be paid more than a woman for the same work because a men CAN SIMPLY NOT GET PREGNANT.

The only thing Feminism really did was improve the condition of many women which felt oppressed, Augment the amount of divorce Cracking the Family structure which is one of the reason many Boys grow without fathers (women say they don't need them and then complain about being single - women thats why you are so complicated you don't know what you want.) The growing without a father makes BOYS/GIRLS have little lateness in their psychological development (makes them seek a different masculine role model). MEN don't have rites of passage - In Africa Boys are not considered a man until they have killed a Lion - Nowadays being manly seems to have been identified with F/k as many women as you can. Being a real man still is being the man of the family but women now ask more out of the man of the family not simply provide for the food and comfort of the house.

Women too are affected by this. They want real men but the problem is that Feminism redefined what being a real man means, Its not simply like I said before being the head of the family and provide comfort but also to be able to provide Luxuries that other men are not able to provide for. Any man can provide sex, any man can provide safety (call the police) etc... in other words What Women Want are men that are above Standards. Feminism makes women fell like they deserve more than any women ever had that is why they became She-wolfs, killing for the best man! Men which sadly don't come in many exemplars. Judging it takes great effort and discipline in order for A BOY to become A MAN but little effort for a boy to remain a boy. The difference between A boy and a man : The Boy Demands Freedom from society rules in order to play. A Man is responsible and supports the weight of the family and the pressure of society.

Feminism didn't ruin but certainly didn't help men and women establishing relationships. I see feminism as way for man to become stronger or remain single (and your DNA Sequence will cease To walk this earth you are unique but not indispensable). I will not rest until I find the woman that completes me. Good thing I'm still young and optimistic about the future. I'll finish my studies and then focus on relationships. I'm 20 and still haven't learned Tango i'm planning on doing Tango lessons with my future wife (I need a partner).

YouTube - Carlos Gardel - Por Una Cabeza

I'm planing dancing with her until she shivers of pleasure and on torturing her little soul until she begs me to make love to her. Who said I was a Nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships