Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
Oh please! Let me GUARANTEE you that working with the brain can far more exhausting than working with your hands -

I don't know where you came up with this idea that brain work isn't work but, you are wrong
Well, when I got in touch with Tax-Aide, that completely ended my experience with preparing taxes for compensation. It's simple for me to do, and doesn't take much thought, so why should I be paid to do it? Why not volunteer my time? It's simple.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:28 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You need to start listening a lot closer to things that are said. Or do better research. You remind me of people who believe everything they THINK they hear and take it as gospel.

The gender wage gap has absolutely NOTHING to do with the difference between a CEO's salary and female part time employees. The wage gap was refering to men and women who are doing the SAME job but the men are being paid more for it, regardless of education or seniority. None of what you've stated has anything to do with any wage gap. And, just in case you didn't know this either, President Obama signed into law a bill to keep that from happening anymore. It was one of the very first bills he signed after his inauguration.
A) It was already illegal to base pay on gender.

B) There is no wage gap as it is depicted by feminists. The truth of why there is a gap is discussed in detail in the following lecture, which is exactly what got Lawrence Summers canned from Harvard:

Part 1

YouTube - Walter Block on Sexual Discrimination & the Pay Gap - part 1of 5

Part 2

YouTube - Walter Block on Sexual Discrimination & the Pay Gap - part 2 of 5

Part 3

YouTube - Walter Block on Sexual Discrimination & the Pay Gap - part 3 of 5

Part 4

YouTube - Walter Block on Sexual Discrimination & the Pay Gap - part 4 of 5

Part 5

YouTube - Walter Block on Sexual Discrimination & the Pay Gap - part 5 of 5

Last edited by Nutz76; 02-18-2010 at 12:49 AM..

Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Unfortunately my speakers are broken and I'm not sure I'd want to wade through all of that anyway.

Yes, things are changing and I'm glad to see it. But it WAS a big problem for a very long time.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
civil rights movement did not ruin anything-- it corrected some very significant social injustices.
unfortunately after having done that, it did not continue to grow normally, and turned into a frankenstein.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
The basic idea of feminism was good but it went way too far and now it's actually men that are treated unfairly or unbalanced. Feminism states a woman can be whatever she wants to be but the problem is feminists still expect men to fill the traditional gender roles that are convenient for women. Like if a woman wants to be a homemaker society says that's ok but if she wants to be a CEO society also says that's ok. A woman is given the choice in our society...which is fine. But a man is not given a choice if a man says he wants to be a homemaker women will look at him like he is crazy. Women like the ability to make the same amount or more money than a man but many of these same women look down on a man if he makes less than her. That is hypocritical, if a woman has a good job that means there's one less good job for a man so how could she look down on a man that makes less than her? There's only so many good paying breadwinner jobs in the country.

Women are taught that they should only marry up not down but this directly conflicts with feminism since feminism states men and women should be equal. If men and women are equal then it shouldn't matter who makes more money or who is the breadwinner, the wage gap in America is very very small now and plenty of women make more money than men. Read the book The Broken American Male it discusses all of this stuff and how men have started to get a raw deal over the years.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Feminism turned into Nazism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The basic idea of feminism was good but it went way too far and now it's actually men that are treated unfairly or unbalanced. Feminism states a woman can be whatever she wants to be but the problem is feminists still expect men to fill the traditional gender roles that are convenient for women. Like if a woman wants to be a homemaker society says that's ok but if she wants to be a CEO society also says that's ok. A woman is given the choice in our society...which is fine. But a man is not given a choice if a man says he wants to be a homemaker women will look at him like he is crazy. Women like the ability to make the same amount or more money than a man but many of these same women look down on a man if he makes less than her. That is hypocritical, if a woman has a good job that means there's one less good job for a man so how could she look down on a man that makes less than her? There's only so many good paying breadwinner jobs in the country.

Women are taught that they should only marry up not down but this directly conflicts with feminism since feminism states men and women should be equal. If men and women are equal then it shouldn't matter who makes more money or who is the breadwinner, the wage gap in America is very very small now and plenty of women make more money than men. Read the book The Broken American Male it discusses all of this stuff and how men have started to get a raw deal over the years.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:40 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

QFT.

As soon as female lawyers, investment bankers and MBA's start opening themselves up to marriage with to male teachers, cops, firefighters etc, the "there's no good men left" B.S. will go away.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Unfortunately my speakers are broken and I'm not sure I'd want to wade through all of that anyway.

Yes, things are changing and I'm glad to see it. But it WAS a big problem for a very long time.
I watched all these vids and responded to them in another thread. The lecture is incoherent. He makes some loose assertions, though, he doesn't hone in on a specific point. He's implying quite a bit. He doesn't offer evidence, research, nothing. The more I watch this type of stuff coming from trained economists, the more apparent it is that they should stick to finances and stay out of sociology and science.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I watched all these vids and responded to them in another thread. The lecture is incoherent. He makes some loose assertions, though, he doesn't hone in on a specific point. He's implying quite a bit. He doesn't offer evidence, research, nothing. The more I watch this type of stuff coming from trained economists, the more apparent it is that they should stick to finances and stay out of sociology and science.
I read your post and was glad to see it. I admire you for wading through the whole thing and thank you for posting your POV.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 PM

186 posts, read 219,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wow. Now feminism is a government conspiracy backed by the Rockefellers not only to generate more tax revenue, but also to destroy the family unit so hated by the United States government and to reinstate slavery.

More people should have been wearing their tin foil hats to prevent the subliminal brainwashing that caused women to rally for civil and legal rights. Who would have thought they did this of their own free will because they were unhappy with the status quo. I am appalled that women have been duped into believing they ever wanted to fulfill their intellectual capacities and artistic talents or to be self sufficient and contribute to the advancement of society when in reality all women desire nothing more than raising children, keeping a home and serving her husband.
lmao Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships