Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
He said there was a gender wage gap. The myth of the gap comes from averaging ALL working people's pay. So that "gap" comes from comparing CEOs to part time workers.. It doesn't take into account that women choose to go into lower paying fields, and switch also to part time. That's where the "gap" comes from, but they still want to "fix" it with legislation..
As others have claimed, bologna. If there is an issue to be argued, it's a within comparison, not between various jobs. Suggesting as much is just stupid. If you're going to do so, at least provide some credible links. Any way, and I'm repeating myself because I don't have the time right now to flesh different information, but gender gaps are not only involving wages. The differences in F/T tenured profs at research universtities vs community colleges is a cause for concern. In the former women dominate adjuncts and men dominate tenure. In the latter, women dominate cc's. Even in female dominated fields, there is a greater presence of males at the top.

Now, some of you will begin to mutter out of both sides of your mouths. Women aren't arriving because their opting out for family. On the other side, we have negative birth rates because women are opting out of family. I know you cannot answer "which is it?" because it's a screwy position to take. That's what's usually offered, tho.

I'm not worried about wage gaps. Ime, once the bodies are there, people are likely to be paid similar. It's bias that thwarts female presence that is concerning. The study I've brought up several times coming out of Harvard, that is always ignored, that shows identical CV's with different names indicating gender with a follow through for a preferance of the male name, is what's at issue. Again, a study involving a female dominated field.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post

3) The breeding and/or dying out of new-age feminist minded women will not happen for a long time, and if it does, it'll undoubtedly take decades or even centuries.

The best solution for a correction in breeding patterns is to have equivocal globalization. If we can have a bunch of immigrants (most of whom aren't even willing to assimilate to embrace the non-detrimental unique cultural aspects of America) flock here to work, why the hell can't we have Americans (who can do the job and are willing to travel) leave for outer counties to work and live there. This would give a great opportunity for beta males who are intelligent enough to do the work. Also, the "true alpha males" who's self-assured personality unswayed by conforming trends has been left as deemed "beta by default" by the lemming masses, would be benefit from having easier access to the world as well, as these men would prove to be among the best leaders. Whether for an international firm or a family of their own, these "silent alpha males" possesses both the positive attributes of traditional alpha and beta males. When the following happens, that's when the social fabric of America will collapse within itself.

All very true, but this particular part was exactly what I was referring to...Although it will take a few centuries, I do suspect that feminism will die out. And while your scenario about moving abroad sounds far more ideal for strong willed men, I perceive that America is actually becoming increasingly global already. We are outsourcing our jobs. And because we are world renowned for producing intellectually inferior students in all facets of education, among advanced nations, it will be increasingly difficult for American innovators to market themselves globally even for those who wish to...All the while, we will continue our influx of immigrants. And within that framework, although SOME immigrants do somewhat assimilate to our culture, it is increasingly becoming the case that they dont. And in the future, there will most likely be no need for them to. As America actually grows MORE encouraging and accepting of multiculturalism, and as the semblance of any singular intrinsic culture becomes dilute, I predict that newly arrived immigrants will settle into their cultural enclaves and propagate the same culture they did in their homelands.

Namely the Latino culture. I foresee that, upon electing our first Latino president (presumably male, which is an inevitable reality in the near future), feminist ideals will take a complete backseat to the machismo in that culture. And while China will be the superpower within a few decades, there will be a woeful imbalance of male to female ratios stemming from sex selective births in the country, so it will likely undergo a mass exodus by its single men, probably to the U.S and parts of Europe, seeking female partnership..and who will choose not to participate in its unsafe culture of prostitution. ...As they arrive here to a predominantly latino culture, they will find more similarities to the masculine oriented structure of their own native land.

Again, because of multiculturalism and lowered birthrates among current American women, feminism will become more of an afterthought if it is even thought of at all. Also, keep in mind that, Im basing this off of the assumption that feminists today will continue their extremely slow breeding patterns, and single parenthood so that their ideals become the vast minority, if not extinct altogether; while Latinos will continue arriving and breeding at rapid rates. Also, I might mention that young males are becoming increasingly disenchanted with society and its perceived anti male biased. Raised by single mothers, these men are losing the reverence for women that their forefathers had, which actually made feminism possible. This is producing rage among many young men, that tends to fester until it manifests itself into violence. Its unhealthy and it doesnt bode well for society in general.

I think it would take a little less than a century for all of this to begin happening, but I really think its a possibility.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
betamanlet wrote:

What in the world is a beta or a manlet anyway? I've read a few posts that use those terms and I've never heard of them but I see you named yourself after them. Also, I don't recall reading anything about any legislation that makes it illegal for any group to have sex. So is a manlet a baby man? Maybe it's illegal to have sex because you're still a baby, I haven't quite figured it out so maybe you could explain it. Thanks.

Beta is just a self described loser, essentially...A manlet by definition is a pathetic little man as conceptualized by Lewis Carrol ..why this guy chooses to call himself that I dont know..but its retarded if you ask me.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
Listen to any news report and you hear about the gender wage gap; women earn 75% of men. And then some Democrat spins some new "program" designed to give women their "fair" share.

Even in the same field, women will get paid less simply because they take maternity leave. You loose 2-3 years in a career and you naturally earn less. Nothing wrong with that, that's just the way it is. I work with a bunch of male engineers and most of the department managers and managers are women. At least half of them. Women can communicate better than a lot of men and communication is desperately needed in the engineering field. Hence women easily have the potential to earn more in my field. But I don't hear men going around complaining about it like the brawds on here do.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Listen to any news report and you hear about the gender wage gap; women earn 75% of men. And then some Democrat spins some new "program" designed to give women their "fair" share.

Even in the same field, women will get paid less simply because they take maternity leave. You loose 2-3 years in a career and you naturally earn less. Nothing wrong with that, that's just the way it is. I work with a bunch of male engineers and most of the department managers and managers are women. At least half of them. Women can communicate better than a lot of men and communication is desperately needed in the engineering field. Hence women easily have the potential to earn more in my field. But I don't hear men going around complaining about it like the brawds on here do.
Basically what the libs are going to do is either give tax breaks to women, or will basically say that women only have to work 6 months a year but get paid the same as a man working 12 months a year.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah..ok. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual. My husband isn't a CEO, but he is a very ranking white collar individual (finance), and he does work 70-80 hours per week. You have no idea the stress that those kinds of jobs entail, and the specific skill set one needs to be successful at it.
1) He isn't a janitor, which was the other person mentioned.

2) What your husband does is not work. Work is physical. He probably exercises his mind, but your husband applies himself to a PROFESSION, not "work". I actually "work" for a living. Mental activities are far too easy for me.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

2) What your husband does is not work. Work is physical. He probably exercises his mind, but your husband applies himself to a PROFESSION, not "work". I actually "work" for a living. Mental activities are far too easy for me.
Lol at you acting like you're better than people who don't have to do physical labor for a living when the fact is almost anybody can do physical labor....that's why they are low paying jobs.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM

Uh huh. Whatever. A lot of people can't hack it.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Uh huh. Whatever. A lot of people can't hack it.
Yeah and when they can't they just trade them in for a a different person. Doesn't need to have a high school degree or even speak English, just some physical strength.

Like I said, that's why they are low paying jobs. The people doing them are expendable.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM

You would probably be amazed at what you have to "know" to do the job. People hired in off the street are not efficient at it, unless they've done that sort of work before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships