Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:13 PM

610 posts, read 1,296,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
why can a womans temper change completely in a split second for seemingly insignificant nothing-issues? because women are human, and creatures of of feelings that just don't follow logic; just like men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 02:21 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
I dunno... I usually just smile and nod when people try to get my attention (even in annoying ways) and then I pretend I can't hear them. Usually they leave me alone after that, I don't think they really want anything from me. I am not much into ignoring people when they confront or address me. If they want confrontation, they will get it. But usually it's pretty harmless, juvenile stuff... like they just want a girl to smile and say hi, so they feel like they've got game (even if they don't). No harm, no foul.

Last edited by miyu; 09-19-2010 at 02:32 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 03:08 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,476 times
Men are social animals and creatures. All men are not created equally in social deportment and grace.

I believe that the majority of men will realize that after conversing with a woman, if she doesnt reply and there is no mutual interest and it is time to vamoose. On the other hand there are the minority of overly virile bozos loaded with testosterone who cant possibly conceive of ever being rejected and act foolishly and immaturely if they are.

If this happens to a woman the best thing to is to ignore the rejected beast and move on. Being a male, I have had my ego crushed on occasion and its a part of life---you win some and lose some.
If you lose guys please dont make a spectacle of yourselves and get into a lather---this can result in trouble for everyone.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,809 times
Quote:
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
If those guys were hoter you would have exchanged phone numbers and we would be discussing wheather a threesome would be approiate on a first date. And you would never have gotten to experience the rejection behavior of these young men.
Women hold total unquestioned power in these matters. With power comes responsibility. Ignoring these boys was rude. Because you didn't feel like speaking to them is no excuse for being rude. You need develop the personal tools to defuse these unwanted situations. A word or two will do. Instead of firmness and humor you chose hostility and rejection. These are things your parents should have taught you. Sorry but your 'right' to not be bothered by undesireable guys is limited at best. Deal with it.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
Quote:
It's plain and simple; real men don't act like that. The guys you're referring to and guys like them (I've experienced it too) have serious issues. Be glad you didn't give them the time of day. Trust your gut girl.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:15 AM

369 posts, read 618,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Here I thought that this might be a thoughtful post about how many average but decent and hard working guys deal with the predictable rejection they usually receive. It might have given a new perspective to the post where older men no longer approach women.

Instead you discuss a game many juvenile males play when they get their first set of wheels. Get over it ladies. This was all pre planned. They were eagerly looking for your rejection and expected it. They have their response rehearsed. This "game" has been going on for decades.
I thought so too. Are their any threads here about average and decent men who get rejected and how they deal with it?

Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Guys just trying to get a reaction. . . . any reaction.
Its like puppies...any reaction is better than no reaction.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Here I thought that this might be a thoughtful post about how many average but decent and hard working guys deal with the predictable rejection they usually receive. It might have given a new perspective to the post where older men no longer approach women.

Instead you discuss a game many juvenile males play when they get their first set of wheels. Get over it ladies. This was all pre planned. They were eagerly looking for your rejection and expected it. They have their response rehearsed. This "game" has been going on for decades.

Thats what I'm talking about

I also thought this would help with maybe a dating scenario about people getting rejected. I can't even see how this would be a topic of consideration.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
Quote:

Those guys had no class but you also ignored them to begin with.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 PM

817 posts, read 811,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Those guys had no class but you also ignored them to begin with.
Still, they behaved way out of class, and no girl needs to talk to insecure jerks like those two, if I were the cop around there, I would have pulled them over and given them a ticket for public nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships