Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,329,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover View Post
Where do Men get off with pulling a Womans arm when he wants to talk to her (in a club or bar)
Now that, I'm not going for. Don't put your hands on me and I make that known!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Sorry to break your ego, but they weren't seriously making an attempt to meet you and get to know you.

They were just trying to flirt or get a rise out of you. It's not like the guy asked you to dinner and when you ignored him he called you a ****. He yelled at you from a CAR ON THE ROAD. That's just childish mischief and them being immature and stupid. I guarantee you they didn't leave sleep over you ignoring them, and I'm sure the next 5 girls they did it to ignored them as well.
I don't think it's about breaking her ego. We are all well aware that the gene pool is polluted with these types of idiots. The take away here? Pops should have used that condom decades ago.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
If men knew how to communicate with women they would have so much success.
I've heard this a lot and never seen even the slightest evidence that it is true.

However what men mean by communication and what women mean are two completely different things.

To women, communication is listening to them and agreeing with everything they say.

Men want give and take based on logic, not emotions and a position of power in the realtionship.

This is why the men who are successful with women have the attributes (looks, money and "confidence") that gives them the power.

All other men are at a considerable disadvantage and few are now willing to sell their future away for a life like this.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:52 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Now that, I'm not going for. Don't put your hands on me and I make that known!
If I did that, you wouldn't do nothing

Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,686 times
This thread is so relevant to me today...
I'm currently a respiratory care student and I was at a clinical site today. This male nurse (granted he was pretty cute and yes there are heterosexual male nurses before anyone makes a comment) starts making very "I think you're hot" vibes towards me....I remained pretty talkative which was my mistake honestly.
I think the reason why I wasn't aloof was because he was cute, but...I'm also a student...who's being graded...and my teacher is nearby...and this would not be appropriate or reflect well on me to be flirting with the nurse. I answered all of his questions ("Yes its my patient for the day", "Ya she's taking good breaths" blah blah blah) and I think I was cordial.
It was until he asked me a question and he looked straight into my eyes and I was like...whooaaa...back off there buddy. So then I began focusing more on other people around me and was a bit more aloof towards him. Then he started ignoring me and acting like I don't exist. It's pretty funny the way guys are.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
This thread is so relevant to me today...
I'm currently a respiratory care student and I was at a clinical site today. This male nurse (granted he was pretty cute and yes there are heterosexual male nurses before anyone makes a comment) starts making very "I think you're hot" vibes towards me....I remained pretty talkative which was my mistake honestly.
I think the reason why I wasn't aloof was because he was cute, but...I'm also a student...who's being graded...and my teacher is nearby...and this would not be appropriate or reflect well on me to be flirting with the nurse. I answered all of his questions ("Yes its my patient for the day", "Ya she's taking good breaths" blah blah blah) and I think I was cordial.
It was until he asked me a question and he looked straight into my eyes and I was like...whooaaa...back off there buddy. So then I began focusing more on other people around me and was a bit more aloof towards him. Then he started ignoring me and acting like I don't exist. It's pretty funny the way guys are.
I don't know about this one. I think this was very civil, given the context.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I don't know about this one. I think this was very civil, given the context.
Ya I can see that it was civil. I just don't think the hospital is the right environment to be picking up chicks...much less students for that matter. Sometimes I'm too nice to guys though and they get the wrong idea. I think it's because I have what I call "ugly girl syndrome", meaning I'm alot more attractive now than I was growing up so I'm not accustomed to being hit on.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Ya I can see that it was civil. I just don't think the hospital is the right environment to be picking up chicks...much less students for that matter. Sometimes I'm too nice to guys though and they get the wrong idea. I think it's because I have what I call "ugly girl syndrome", meaning I'm alot more attractive now than I was growing up so I'm not accustomed to being hit on.
I got that too, but I am as unattractive as when young So I default to thinking everything is what it seems, often missing pick-ups that are as subtle as a blow to the head

Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,585,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
All guys are like that, even the ones who don't say it, at the very least are thinking it

Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,410,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I got that too, but I am as unattractive as when young So I default to thinking everything is what it seems, often missing pick-ups that are as subtle as a blow to the head
Yes, a good elbow to the top of the skull, is a very subtle hint that a guy is interested inyou.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships