Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:17 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Is it days, weeks, months??? When will I stop feeling this way???

My heart actually hurts....I don't know what to do about it. I hate feeling this way....any suggestions?
One thing I can tell you for sure, it won't be days, or weeks and I doubt if it's months. I went through a nasty divorce in 1979 and it took me two years to realize what a big favor she had done me. When all of this was going on I also felt heart sick and thought the pain would never end. She was mean, vindictive, and generally nasty, but nothing helped until I bought a book entitled "How To Fall Out Of Love". The concepts taught in that book worked and eventually the pain went away. One of the first things you need to realize is you are not alone, you have friends. Realize also the person who is recently out of your life is not the last person you will love, or the last person that will love you. Usually the next person you fall in love with will be better suited to your needs than the last person. I know and understand what you are thinking in the back of your mind, but trust me, you will find out what I say to be true. One day you will wonder what you ever saw in this fellow that just left your life. Make up your mind now that he is not coming back under any circumstances, because you won't allow it. When you look at his photo or him, think of the most vile thing you dislike and mix your thoughts of that vile thing with thoughts of him. When you can combine them sucessfully his image and your feelings for him will vanish. I takes work, so get started. Best of luck to you. And don't look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
One thing I can tell you for sure, it won't be days, or weeks and I doubt if it's months. I went through a nasty divorce in 1979 and it took me two years to realize what a big favor she had done me. When all of this was going on I also felt heart sick and thought the pain would never end. She was mean, vindictive, and generally nasty, but nothing helped until I bought a book entitled "How To Fall Out Of Love". The concepts taught in that book worked and eventually the pain went away. One of the first things you need to realize is you are not alone, you have friends. Realize also the person who is recently out of your life is not the last person you will love, or the last person that will love you. Usually the next person you fall in love with will be better suited to your needs than the last person. I know and understand what you are thinking in the back of your mind, but trust me, you will find out what I say to be true. One day you will wonder what you ever saw in this fellow that just left your life. Make up your mind now that he is not coming back under any circumstances, because you won't allow it. When you look at his photo or him, think of the most vile thing you dislike and mix your thoughts of that vile thing with thoughts of him. When you can combine them sucessfully his image and your feelings for him will vanish. I takes work, so get started. Best of luck to you. And don't look back.
I would disagree with the part about looking at his photo, and seeing something disgusting just to get over him...I agree with most of the rest of the post, but I think when you are abandoned by a love that you have to realize what truly is gone from life and learn to accept it, but realize it wasn't meant to be...facing the truth is a good thing and will ultimately give her real healing in the end.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I would disagree with the part about looking at his photo, and seeing something disgusting just to get over him...I agree with most of the rest of the post, but I think when you are abandoned by a love that you have to realize what truly is gone from life and learn to accept it, but realize it wasn't meant to be...facing the truth is a good thing and will ultimately give her real healing in the end.
Actually, oddly enough I don't have any pictures of us or him so no worries there, but I don't hate him, I can't hate him for not loving me...

Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Thank you, seeniorita. Right now it's Xanax, and in a few days that may be replaced by MARGARITAS
I just want to say that now is the time to indulge in pleasurable things to help you relieve some pain, but I'm afraid medication and alcohol is not the way to go.

Try to indulge in things that will at least benefit you in the long run, such as, treating yourself to a full body massage, then a facial treatment, or taking the weekend off and locking yourself up in a nice hotel (with a nice bath tub ) and order room service. Bulk Bath Salts & Wholesale Bath Salt These are the things I do when I'm feeling down, or UP; although, I don't get facials, too feminine for me.

As far as taking something to manage stress, with out a doubt, I have had much success with taking adaptogens. You can't over dose using adaptogens and they are completely non toxic to the body. It's a shame doctors don't tell their patients about this; they rather prescribe expensive powerful mind altering drugs.

Natura Health's Botanabol 150Caps HouseOfNutrition.com $47.50

Stress control using natural adaptogens

"According to modern science adaptogens are natural plant products that increase the body's ability to cope with internal and external stress factors, and normalize the functions of the organism
."

Making A Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging « FreeView Documentaries

Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

As far as taking something to manage stress, with out a doubt, I have had much success with taking adaptogens. You can't over dose using adaptogens and they are completely non toxic to the body. It's a shame doctors don't tell their patients about this; they rather prescribe expensive powerful mind altering drugs.
That's interesting stuff, Morphous. When I was under a lot of stress last year and couldn't sleep, I took Valerian at night and drank a lot of Chamomile tea, which seemed to really help me.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
That's interesting stuff, Morphous. When I was under a lot of stress last year and couldn't sleep, I took Valerian at night and drank a lot of Chamomile tea, which seemed to really help me.

Yes it is. From what I understand, adaptogens (I don't think Valerian falls under the category) were discovered and developed by the Russian cosmonaut program in the 60's. They used them to manage stress during the flights.

Nowadays CEO's and elite athletes take them to handle stress. Unfortunately, the general public, unless you are into alternative health, is largely unaware of them, and how effective they are.

http://www.naturahealthproducts.com/

Old 05-04-2010, 02:29 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Is it days, weeks, months??? When will I stop feeling this way???

My heart actually hurts....I don't know what to do about it. I hate feeling this way....any suggestions?
Gahhh-lee.... sorry to hear that! In my experience, it just depends. There is no magic number and there is no cure other than to just let the wound heal with time. Some are easier to get over than others and there are some that you'll never get over but in time, you learn to not let your emotions get the best of you. I think the best remedy is to meet new people. If you just stay there, sulking, it might be worse than it has to be. I really hope you can pull through. Good luck.

Last edited by Jay100; 05-04-2010 at 02:38 AM..

Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
^^^^^Thanks....I'm working on it...I had to work last night and I had some time to think...and I realized I'm better off, not that the hurt has gone away yet but it is definitely for the best.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
^^^^^Thanks....I'm working on it...I had to work last night and I had some time to think...and I realized I'm better off, not that the hurt has gone away yet but it is definitely for the best.
Happy u got out of that old funk...in at least one post here....I think u tried to message me but it didn't go through...send me something again if u want..c ya and God Bless!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
About 12 hours of surgery and one helluva hospital bill!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships