Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times

Advertisements

Two days of crying on and off now, but believe it or not, I needed to get it out of my system...and actually I hope I spend a few more days crying because it's already helping, just getting all that emotion out. I don't think I'm as upset about losing him, since I know deep down that he probably wasn't right for me anyway, as I am over everything in my life that is bothering me, and the rejection itself, and the fact that I am not happy with my life right now.

I need to make major changes, and I am already starting to make some plans. I'm going to pick myself up by my bootstraps and forge ahead. I have no other choice anyway. In a way, I think it may turn out to be a good thing because I am doing things I have contemplated for a long time but would not have done had I still been involved with him. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I guess as the saying goes...when life gives you lemons...do some tequila shots with them?

Thinking, thinking...isn't that how it goes????

Funny but I think I'm already starting to turn the corner a little...and I have to say, not that I believe in drugging oneself to escape, but the Xanax has been helping to take the edge off and I think I won't need it so much anymore soon....

Great advice from everyone. Thank you for being there for me. Being alone as much as I am, this helps me still feel connected to the outside world. And I am trying to reconnect in real life. I realize I have been too withdrawn and depressed for too long, and I am forcing myself to just get out, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Two days of crying on and off now, but believe it or not, I needed to get it out of my system...and actually I hope I spend a few more days crying because it's already helping, just getting all that emotion out. I don't think I'm as upset about losing him, since I know deep down that he probably wasn't right for me anyway, as I am over everything in my life that is bothering me, and the rejection itself, and the fact that I am not happy with my life right now.

I need to make major changes, and I am already starting to make some plans. I'm going to pick myself up by my bootstraps and forge ahead. I have no other choice anyway. In a way, I think it may turn out to be a good thing because I am doing things I have contemplated for a long time but would not have done had I still been involved with him. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I guess as the saying goes...when life gives you lemons...do some tequila shots with them?

Funny but I think I'm already starting to turn the corner a little...and I have to say, not that I believe in drugging oneself to escape, but the Xanax has been helping to take the edge off and I think I won't need it so much anymore soon....

Great advice from everyone. Thank you for being there for me. Being alone as much as I am, this helps me still feel connected to the outside world. And I am trying to reconnect in real life. I realize I have been too withdrawn and depressed for too long, and I am forcing myself to just get out, period.
Glad to hear you are getting stronger day by day. It helps to cry and get it all out. Then you can move ahead with clearer thoughts.

I too am grateful for unanswered prayers. Years ago, my live in boyfriend cheated on me and I hurt so much until it caused me physical pain in my stomach. I eventually moved on and to this day thank God things worked out the way they did. He was not right for me and I couldn't see it at the time.

So get back out there and don't let it stop you from looking for love as time goes on. It can be found in the most unsuspecting places.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Glad to hear you are getting stronger day by day. It helps to cry and get it all out. Then you can move ahead with clearer thoughts.

I too am grateful for unanswered prayers. Years ago, my live in boyfriend cheated on me and I hurt so much until it caused me physical pain in my stomach. I eventually moved on and to this day thank God things worked out the way they did. He was not right for me and I couldn't see it at the time.

So get back out there and don't let it stop you from looking for love as time goes on. It can be found in the most unsuspecting places.
My stomach and my heart have been hearting for weeks. On the plus side, since I was so nauseous and couldn't eat I lost the stupid ten pounds I gained over the winter. I still have pain in the pit of my stomach, and I have barely been eating if at all, but I'm starting to feel a little better than I did before. Not sure if that will last but I think I'm actually glad that I'm working through this pain.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,325 times
Go listen to "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. It's one of my all time favorite songs

I'd post it on here, but I can't access YouTube from work.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Go listen to "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. It's one of my all time favorite songs

I'd post it on here, but I can't access YouTube from work.
...or I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,775,275 times
Quote:
Is it days, weeks, months??? When will I stop feeling this way???

My heart actually hurts....I don't know what to do about it. I hate feeling this way....any suggestions?
If youve shared sex together outside of marriage , then youve violated one of Gods established absolute laws meant for your own protection . If this has occured, then the ripping-apart effect is going to be very pronounced and long lasting because you both shared the MOST intimate side of one another -- not only your genitals but the blending of your actual Souls. The way to heal from this, is to admit to God your mistake and tell him you now want to live according to his protective measures and mandates for you. Asking forgiveness in Christ for this and all your other sins, will put you in a very good reconciled position with God to where he will help you heal so you can be totally restored. Regards.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Journal! It works wonders to write about what you thought would happen vs what did happen in the relationship. It's painful but helpful to figure out where things went off track and think about what if anything you would do differently next time. Once you write it out, you may find you wouldn't have even chosen this dude knowing what you know now.
I think what you suggested, such as "keeping a journal", is a great idea.
I'm getting over a break-up myself. We only dated for almost a year & things started going downhill very fast.

I feel hurt & it's not over missing him, but I think it has more to do with a thought of betrayal.
This just happened to me last week. He used to come over every evening after work to go out & do things and we would also drive to the train station together every morning for work.
Over the last month, he started acting very petty & simple and all of sudden last Thursday, which was the day before my birthday, he dissappeared. I called & sent text messages to him & he didn't even answer or return any of my calls.
But when I called from someone else's phone, he had the nerve to answer the phone. I hung-up the phone & I was very upset.

During the last few days, I did exactly what you mentioned which was "write about what you thought would happen vs what did happen in the relationship" . Once I did that & gone over my notes, I thought to myself, "what do I need this guy for anyway". I also laughed because some things in the relationship was out of the ordinary for me & it started to look like he was just a waste of my time.

To be honest, the fact is that I actually miss having someone around me, not that specific person around me.
So over the last couple of days, I started occupying my time doing other things & making plans / goals for myself. This makes me feel so good.

So to the OP, "onegreatnurse", follow this same step & also occupy your time with other things to do & making goals / plans for yourself.
It may seem hard at first but as they say, rough times make you stronger & also prepare you for better things to come.

Goodluck.

Last edited by imalert; 05-05-2010 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,286 times
Quote:

Glad to hear you're doing better One day at a time....

Old 05-05-2010, 02:03 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
Quote:
How long does it take to mend a broken heart?
Sometimes, a few days. Sometimes, a lifetime.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I think what you suggested, such as "keeping a journal", is a great idea.
I'm getting over a break-up myself. We only dated for almost a year & things started going downhill very fast.

I feel hurt & it's not over missing him, but I think it has more to do with a thought of betrayal.
This just happened to me last week. He used to come over every evening after work to go out & do things and we would also drive to the train station together every morning for work.
Over the last month, he started acting very petty & simple and all of sudden last Thursday, which was the day before my birthday, he dissappeared. I called & sent text messages to him & he didn't even answer or return any of my calls.
But when I called from someone else's phone, he had the nerve to answer the phone. I hung-up the phone & I was very upset.

During the last few days, I did exactly what you mentioned which was "write about what you thought would happen vs what did happen in the relationship" . Once I did that & gone over my notes, I thought to myself, "what do I need this guy for anyway". I also laughed because some things in the relationship was out of the ordinary for me & it started to look like he was just a waste of my time.

To be honest, the fact is that I actually miss having someone around me, not that specific person around me.
So over the last couple of days, I started occupying my time doing other things & making plans / goals for myself. This makes me feel so good.

So to the OP, "onegreatnurse", follow this same step & also occupy your time with other things to do & making goals / plans for yourself.
It may seem hard at first but as they say, rough times make you stronger & also prepare you for better things to come.

Goodluck.
I couldn't agree more, and I know what you mean, I just miss having someone not necessarily him. I am making some progress though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships