Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
Anytime place and anytime time lol

Now in English, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Not so sure about that, ChessieMom. My age begins with the number 4 and I'd put my libido up for comparison to any twenty-something. Maybe when men hit their 60s most are on a downward slope, but there are lots of men in their 40's who are plenty ready to play.
The guy is 42 now...add 10, that is 52. Get back to me then and let me know how it's going.

Seriously, it's a problem that is more prevalent with increased age. And it has more to do with other health issues than anything else. In other words, if you work to keep yourself in shape and healthy, your chances are very good that you won't experience it. I sincerely hope you don't, for your wife's (or SO's) sake.

This is from the Mayo Clinic: "Erectile dysfunction is common, and prevalence increases with age. It affects 5 to 10 percent of men at age 40. By age 70, from 40 to 60 percent of men have the condition."

Old 05-06-2010, 06:31 PM

52,220 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I haven't read this whole but I'll put my 3 cents in.

I'm a 40 yrs old dude. I couldn't possibly imagine being with a 20 yr old female, other then the obvious reasons. I just don't think that they would have the life experience to hold my attention. I need to be able to talk to someone and have them understand things other than the latest boy bands. LOL, j/k, I know that there are some bright 20 yr olds out there.

Also it really wouldn't be fair to her in a LTR situation because she would be "wasting" her best yrs with some "old" dude.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
I looaathe ageism--the most prominent kind, making fun of older women and more specifically, those who end up with younger men, so I can't bash older men with younger women. I think that's between the individuals and no one else, unless of course, it involves someone under age. How-e-ver, I think these things don't usually--don't usually--work out. Often, the younger female is looking for money and if the man is aware of that from the start and willing to purchase a wife, fine, that too is between them.
But more often, the woman ends up changing her mind once he can't keep up with her anymore, which, for some men, would be in their 50s or 60s. She starts feeling she's getting older around 35-40ish and wants to feel more attractive--thanks to the overwhelming effects of ageism in this country of which women are among the worst, the hardest on each other. Jealousy, it appears and surprisingly, younger women toward older. Yeah, you'd think--if you just looked at it from a superficial point of view--it would be the other way around but it's not so.

Whew! This is obviously a deep subject for me.

Short answer--I couldn't care less.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

143 posts, read 262,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
now in english, please.:d
lol

Old 05-06-2010, 07:56 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The guy is 42 now...add 10, that is 52. Get back to me then and let me know how it's going.

Seriously, it's a problem that is more prevalent with increased age. And it has more to do with other health issues than anything else. In other words, if you work to keep yourself in shape and healthy, your chances are very good that you won't experience it. I sincerely hope you don't, for your wife's (or SO's) sake.

This is from the Mayo Clinic: "Erectile dysfunction is common, and prevalence increases with age. It affects 5 to 10 percent of men at age 40. By age 70, from 40 to 60 percent of men have the condition."
And she'll be 30 and will have approximately only 10% of her fertility remaining. Also, her looks will have dropped quite a bit and male attention will be starting to wane at that age. Point being everyone gets old, that's life. Also, a 52 year old with a 30 year old is pretty unremarkable. Same as a 62 year old with a 42 year old, which now that I think about it is pretty close to my dad and his new wife.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
And she'll be 30 and will have approximately only 10% of her fertility remaining. Also, her looks will have dropped quite a bit and male attention will be starting to wane at that age. Point being everyone gets old, that's life. Also, a 52 year old with a 30 year old is pretty unremarkable. Same as a 62 year old with a 42 year old, which now that I think about it is pretty close to my dad and his new wife.
62? bummer for her, hope he can still get it up

Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Fertility has absolutely no bearing on her libido.
A 50 year old with a 30 year old, that are both happily married, to each other, is QUITE remarkable, to me. It's fine if it works. Too often, it doesn't.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 AM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
Hey has anyone thought of these couples?

Celine Dion's husband is 26 years old then her and they have been married for 16 years

Catherine Zeta Jones's husband Michael Douglas is 25 years older than her and they been married ten years now.
I think it's very easy to keep any relationship going when something like money problems are completely eliminated. I dont like it it when people use examples like this. Much as they'd like to have us believe so, celebrities are NOT like normal people as far as I'm concerned. They live a very different life.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:01 AM

272 posts, read 639,999 times
For the woman, older man = money, possible daddy issues
For the man, a younger woman= trophy, hot sex, most likely struggling with the fact that he's getting older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships