Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
who you callin' boy you racist!!!!!
Since I don't even know what race you are, racism doesn't even enter into it. Now, prove what you said to be true or remain silent about things you know nothing about!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
No...you will be in for a horrific surprise according to your theology...

This is the "good news" that these people are teaching, the "horrific surprise" or "Eternal Torment" for the vast majority of humanity who has ever lived.

Am I the only one here who sees the irony in this?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What was he trying to impart ?
Quote:
try as you will...your understanding is still dim...
Quote:
who you callin' boy you racist!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Then prove all of the above wrong boy. Prove it to be wrong or remain silent about things of which you know nothing.

Demonstrate that Acts 16:31 which says 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved' really means 'first be saved and then you will believe.'

You have said that you must first be saved to understand the Gospel. This is totally backwards.

I have shown above that the Scriptures make it clear that you are called through the Gospel and that you must respond to the Gospel in order to be saved. Prove that to be wrong instead of just saying that my understanding is dim.
Quote:
Your understanding of what he was trying to impart is dim...
It grieves the LORD to see these christians' claim to trust in him yet...their actions belie what Jesus lived and taught...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is what fundamentalist orthodox traditional religion does to those who are under its authority. It tells them that they are the elect few, they and those that agree with them ... They are right and everyone else is wrong, and they have made the right decision to be on the winning team. And everyone who is not with them or who does not agree with them is against them and deserves to be tortured for ever ...

Traditional religion is a trap that keeps the victims hypnotized by false promises of personal security and eventually final vindication. Not only does it satisfy the animal desires to be special and elite, as well as having the gratification of believing ones enemies or contenders will suffer the most terrible defeat imaginable, yet att the same time that traditional religion gratifies their sense of self worth and rewards their desire for vindication, it threatens their sense of rational independence and critical thought with the same terrible fate of those that resist their "Gospel", so they dare not even think for themselves long enough to question the agenda of those they have allowed to be in authority over themselves.

My older brother is a traditional fundamentalist Christian, and he said something the other day that blew me away. And it is even stranger for the fact that he didn't even seem to recognize the complete irony of what he had said ...

He was telling me that because i did not subscribe to any particular ministry or because i didn't have a personal pastor teacher to lead me and teach me what the scriptures teach and what it all means, that i did not have any spiritual authority. I told him about how both Paul and Christ spoke of how Christ himself is our spiritual authority and that it was the traditions of men that made Gods word void. I told him that my spiritual authority was the spirit of Christ ...

He took offense immediately as if I had implied that Christ was not his authority because he claimed the authority of a man over him, his pastor teacher. Of course i meant no such thing directly, and he had in fact only inferred as much, but that is when the irony began ... though i didn't mean to imply such a thing, when he inferred it and said as much it occurred to me suddenly the irony of the situation.

He then topped it off by saying that he wanted to put himself under the authority of another man because if he ended up being wrong about what he believed he could then turn and blame it on his pastor teacher. He literally said that ...

I was taken aback ... I was speechless ... I just looked at him to see if what he had said would finally register in his mind ... But he just stared back at me blankly ... I decided that the conversation need go no further and eventually changed the subject.

That is how i feel very often when i debate here on city-data lately ... If not for all the lurkers i would feel all my efforts where truly pointless.

Some times you just have to repeat yourself over and over again and eventually it may sink in ... It is hard to get people to think for themselves, because everyone is so spiritually insecure to begin with thanks to traditional religion around the world.

Selah ...
Blessings...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Christ Came to save the Elect...
EXACTLY...THE ONES WHO LOVE HIM....who are sinners

Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Yes, it does...you on the other hand do not have assurance...

Sure I do simply because God loves me.

You believe that the elect are choosen soley by God and that he absolutely will not save everyone.

By that standard you cannot demonstrate in the absolute sense that he has chosen you.

Saying God has chosen you will not move God to do what he has already determined to do.

Your claim of belief is moot, simply because God doesn't have to choose you simply because you believe anything.

You absolutely cannot demonstrate anything concerning you being chosen.

Claiming you are the elect means nothing. It is whether God decides you are, and you will not be able to demonstrate that in any way so you have no absolute assurance that you are chosen.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This is the "good news" that these people are teaching, the "horrific surprise" or "Eternal Torment" for the vast majority of humanity who has ever lived.
It's the other way around....salvation from death is the good news.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have and you do not have answer to the fact that Paul said we are all God's offspring , not just some elected few.
That is what he said the poets said about mankind being God's offspring...You obviously did not read the chapter and only pulled a verse from it...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since I don't even know what race you are, racism doesn't even enter into it. Now, prove what you said to be true or remain silent about things you know nothing about!!!
I know and understand more than you can imagine...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
That is what he said the poets said about mankind being God's offspring...You obviously did not read the chapter and only pulled a verse from it...
No Paul was in agreement with the poets and said since we are the offspring of God. It's so obvious a blind man on a galloping horse can see it.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
EXACTLY...THE ONES WHO LOVE HIM....who are sinners
No...They are the ones God has predestined...the ones He predestined are the ones He called and the ones He called are the ones He justified and the ones He justified are the ones He glorified...it is all in the past tense and therefore completed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality