Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Since you desired not the Truth God has sent you a dilusion so that you would believe a lie...
So rather than save his soul by opening his eyes to the truth, He sends him a lie that he should burn eternally? Wow, nice fella.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You still haven't answered my question . Why did Paul say since we ? instead of Since you ?.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

We are gods in the same sense as we are His offspring .

We were created in the image of God
Christ was being sarsastic...He was saying if this is what your scriptures say about us, then why do you accuse me of blasphemy, when i say i am God?...I am only saying what the sacriptures say....

Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Christ was being sarsastic...He was saying if this is what your scriptures say about us, then why do you accuse me of blasphemy, when i say i am God?...I am only saying what the sacriptures say....
No you are assuming Jesus was being sarcastic .

pcamps Dim wit # 1

Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Did you know you were perishing at one time and the gospel was foolishness to you ?
I found it foolishness and therefore i was perishing...but, that is speaking regarding those that remain unchosen....Scripture is an explanation to us regarding what we see everyday in the world....

Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
So rather than save his soul by opening his eyes to the truth, He sends him a lie that he should burn eternally? Wow, nice fella.
yup...that's the way it is...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
No you are assuming Jesus was being sarcastic .

pcamps Dim wit # 1
No, it is obvious...we are not gods...we would have been if Adam and Eve were not ejected from Eden and were able to also eat ofrom the tree of life...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
I found it foolishness and therefore i was perishing...but, that is speaking regarding those that remain unchosen....Scripture is an explanation to us regarding what we see everyday in the world....
So what was it about you even though you were persishing because of your foolishness ,that God thought He would chose you ? .Bearing in my He is no respecter of persons.

I think you will find that Jesus said the sciptures testify of Him

pcamps Dim Wit # 1

Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And? So? But? Therefore??? How in blue blazes do you think that Romans 9:15 negates the reality of Mathew 25:41,46. Or Revelation 20:11-15. Or any of the many passages that warn of the eternal destruction that awaits the unbeliever. Use your head and think!!! Or wait until reality is square in your face and find out the hard way that God means exactly what He says.
What is so hard to understand? Romans 9:15-16 says, "For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy."

Are you trying to tell me that those passages in Matthew or Revelation negate the reality that God shows compassion and mercy on whom He chooses?

I do use my head to think, and to read. I also use my heart to listen. Listen to the Holy Spirit, that is. Do you?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No it is not allegory. There is some allegory but it is clear when that is the case. The Bible is literal in most cases. To allegorize what is literal allows all kinds of heresies to be born. There is history, and there is poetry, and there is literalness. The word of God must be rightly divided.
Must be rightly divided by who? Do you know for sure which is allegory, which is poetry, and which is literal? How do you know this? How do you know you have rightly divided the Word of God?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:49 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
It is good news to those that God calls...it is foolishness to those that are perishing...
If you believe that everyone who has ever existed that did not believe the way that you believe being tortured for ever is Good news, i feel sorry for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality