Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 03:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, it is obvious...we are not gods...we would have been if Adam and Eve were not ejected from Eden and were able to also eat ofrom the tree of life...
You need to read the passage of scripture again and you will see Jesus said is it not written in your law "i have said you are gods".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Can you explain?
Taking scripture out of context has been going on for a very long time...For instance, Pentecoatals use Debra as the Judge of Israel to endorse women preachers, when the letters says that a preacher must be the husband of one wife...how can you be the husband of one wife if you are a woman...there was a point God was maknig by installing Debra as Judge, but they miss that point...then they use a verse from scripture to endorse speaking in tongues chaoticly in church...I have seen people take verses and make whole doctrines from them missing the meat of what the author was conveying...

Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ...

Maybe you're right ... Or maybe God freed me from the snare of traditional fundamentalist religion to which you so blindly cling and has revealed to me his true plan and purpose for the ages which is the complete and absolute restitution of all things and to be the savior of all people.

I can only allow my conscience to be my guide, and the spirit to inspire my conscience when seeking to understand the word of God through the scriptures and through all my studies. I put my faith and trust in him to save not only myself but also all those that i love, and that means everyone ... If that is delusional, i don't mind, But i don't think that it is ... Because that is what i hope for and have faith will be accomplished in Christ my lord.

What i think is delusion, in the grandest sort of way mind you, is the thought that you are one of only a very select few for whom Christs work on the cross will avail anything at all among the human race. That you are so special that God would become a man and die for only you and the others in the world just like you ... And everyone else is just crap out of luck ...

That sounds delusional to me ...

Like i said...delusional...

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Again. You have been challenged. You made the claim that a person must be saved before they can believe. I have told you that you are wrong. Your only response is to call me dim.

So again. Prove your statement that a man must first be regenerated before he can believe in Christ.

That belief is heresy. It is completely backwards. So prove your claim that regeneration precedes faith. It is Calvinism and is false. Prove your statement to be true.

John 8:24 states this. '' I said therefore to you that you shall die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins. The passage says that in order not to die in your sins, you must first believe.

So how is it that you reverse the Scriptures and say that salvation must precede faith?

Back up your statement!!!
I said regeneration (quickening) precedes Faith...

Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Those chosen by God, are called and believe...so, yes i do have assurance i say to the demon speaking through you...
You have assurance because Gods character will provide that for everyone. Saying I have a demon speaking through me doesn't change the fact that elect doctrines do not provide any assurance just because you think they do.

Many are called but few are chosen, elect doctrines miss the fact that you may be called, so you will believe, but that does not gaurantee your salvation.

This is why any doctrine that provides a teaching that any human being will be lost forever is spiritually stupid.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You need to read the passage of scripture again and you will see Jesus said is it not written in your law "i have said you are gods".
There are many Laws that the Jews came up with that did not come from God, but from man...If you notice CHrist did not say My Law or God's Law...He said your Law...

Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You have assurance because Gods character will provide that for everyone. Saying I have a demon speaking through me doesn't change the fact that elect doctrines do not provide any assurance just because you think they do.

Many are called but few are chosen, elect doctrines miss the fact that you may be called, so you will believe, but that does not gaurantee your salvation.

This is why any doctrine that provides a teaching that any human being will be lost forever is spiritually stupid.
Yes, it does gaurantee...The Gospel call goes out to many, but only those that are chosen by God will respond...

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Yes, it does gaurantee...The Gospel call goes out to many, but only those that are chosen by God will respond...

That is a scriptural contradiction. Gods word does not return void. So there is no purpose in a call made to someone God will not choose.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is a scriptural contradiction. Gods word does not return void. So there is no purpose in a call made to someone God will not choose.
Yes! Amen

Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM

33,255 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
I said regeneration (quickening) precedes Faith...
And you are wrong. Regeneration refers to being born again.

The Greek word translated as “regeneration,” is palingenesias,and is composed of palin (“again”) and genesis (“birth”). Therefore, to be regenerated means to be born again.

Faith precedes the new birth. It is through faith in Christ that the new birth occurs.

The word 'regeneration' is used in Matt. 19:28 and Titus 3:5.

Regeneration = being born again = eternal life. Faith is the means by which salvation is appropriated.

Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus and (as a result of having believed) you will be saved (born again-regenerated)...'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality