Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So when Paul said "MEN OF ATHENS" , who had never heard the gospel before ,to whom Paul said "since we are all His offspring" these guys were believers ?are you serious ?.

I love the fact that Paul said this to the Men of Athens , just to hear we are his offspring is music to the ear and good news , then to be told that He loved us while we were yet sinners is joy unspeakable . The jews of the day would have hated Paul for saying "since we are all His offspring" to whom they considered unclean folk , even some jewish believers including Peter held this view for a time , and it's no different today orthodox christianity hates the fact that God loves sinners , even in their sin.

Why do you want to keep moving the goal posts ?
That's ignorant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
So when Paul said "MEN OF ATHENS" , who had never heard the gospel before ,to whom Paul said "since we are all His offspring" these guys were believers ?are you serious ?.

I love the fact that Paul said this to the Men of Athens , just to hear we are his offspring is music to the ear and good news , then to be told that He loved us while we were yet sinners is joy unspeakable . The jews of the day would have hated Paul for saying "since we are all His offspring" to whom they considered unclean folk , even some jewish believers including Peter held this view for a time , and it's no different today orthodox christianity hates the fact that God loves sinners , even in their sin.

Why do you want to keep moving the goal posts ?
And the rest of the message is mute?
His message to the MEN OF ATHENS was REPENT!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Maybe offspring...but not children...
Huh???? That's ignorant!

And this is God's plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. By God's grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. Though I am the least deserving of all God's people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. God's purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence. So please don't lose heart because of my trials here. I am suffering for you, so you should feel honored. When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, - From Ephesians Chapter 3

Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,585 times
Quote:
I can see you understand Romans...at least that section...the other part of that chapter also says that He will harden whom He will...
Obviously. Some of the participants on this thread are good examples of that.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:33 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I am telling you that Jesus was absolutely serious when He said that He is going to order into the eternal fire the Tribulational unbelievers of which Matthew 25:41,46 speaks.

I am tellng you that Jesus is the judge who is going to, as recorded in Revelation 20:11-15, sent into the lake of fire all those who died without receiving Him as Savior. God does not lie. He has said what is in store for those who do not believe in Christ for salvation.

God has compassion. God is love. But He is also holy.

It comes down to this. The Scriptures are clear that the person who dies as an unbeliever remains under eternal condemnation. To deny that is to blatently ignore and redefine the Scriptures to suit your own personal taste.

The Holy Spirit will never tell you anything that is contrary to the Scriptures People who claim that they are listening to the Holy Spirit and yet do nothing but spout unscriptural beliefs are not in the truth. They are only deceiving themselves.

To deny the reality of eternity in hell for the unbeliever is to call God a liar.
What is unscriptural about Romans? How about 2 Peter? Is this unscriptural:

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
And the rest of the message is mute?
His message to the MEN OF ATHENS was REPENT!
Did anyone say any different ?. Why do you not address the fact that everytime you have tried in vain to prove "since we are all God's offspring" does not mean all at all ,you have been proved wrong ?.

No one is talking about repentance , for the record it's the good news that leads a man to repentance.

The good news that God loves us and not only says He does but proved it while we were at our worst by His death on a Cross. That's awesome.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Did anyone say any different . Why do you not address the fact that everytime you have tried in vain to prove "since we are all God's offspring" does not mean all at all ,you have been proved wrong ?.

No one is talking about repentance , for the record it's the good news that leads a man to repentance.

The good news that God loves us and not only says He does but proved it while we were at our worst by His death on a Cross.

I think the verse is, "the goodness of God" leadeth thee to repentance. But Goodness is Good News anyway, so it's all Good!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-30-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
That's ignorant...
You mean it offends you calivinism doctrine that Paul says we are all His offspring and not just a few of us, who think because we believe the right doctrines are part of the chosen few ?.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
The bible is black and white...you either believe it or you don't, and you go about piecing together verses in order to support your belief...
Simple !!!!!!

Did Jesus say that "He came not to condemn the world or save it"?

Was it Jesus who or you who said that He came to condemn the world ?. You cannot get anymore black n white than this .

Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Obviously. Some of the participants on this thread are good examples of that.
Some people will tell you that you harden your own heart and then God just hardens it the rest of the way...I had this same aguement with a fellow Aircraft Electrician in Savannah, ga...after Paul state the hardening of whom He will it also followed with the example of Pharaoh...This man argued with me that Pharaoh hardened his own heart and God just gave up and hardened it the rest of the way...i have heard this from many preachers...I told hime to go read Exodus...this wad a friday and monday we resumed and he told me i was right, God indeed told Moses that he was sending him to speak to Pharaoh but, that He was not going to heed him for He was going to harden his heart so that he would not believe and the opening of Exodus said nothing regarding Pharaoh's hardening his heart against God, just that he was worse than the last Pharaoh...and that preceeding each plague Moses would speak and it says God hardened his heart so he would not listen...So, my friend said i was right but, said he still could not believe God would do that...He actually read it for himself and found that the preachers were lieing about it and filling in in between the words of Exodus...I said, well this is what happens when you do not read it for yourself and trust man...He was still trying to figure out how to get around that Truth and make it untrue that Goddid that to Pharaoh, that He raised him up for just that purpose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality