Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM

33,351 posts, read 26,570,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Blue View Post
Your speaking with pure speculation not to mention again your need to play judge and jury for another person, check out those other fingers pointing back at you once in awhile.
There is no speculation with the word of God. The warnings are plain. Believe in Christ or spend eternity in the lake of fire. Those who will not heed the warnings such as John 3:36. will find that God means what He says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 04:26 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,871,618 times
Quote:
The act of murder is rampant in the Bible, so for Muslims and the rest

I love God but how do I get around all that he murders, I truly don't want to have anything to do with a murdering God and using logic for me doesn't answer it ether.
thanks
Aren't you trying to use logic for the basis of your OP?

I do not identify myself with the muslims. Their prophet teaches to kill: Jesus Christ does not. Their prophet is still dead and buried: Jesus has risen and there is no other gospel after Him thus the Quran is of man.

So back to logic.

Doesn't mankind has prisons and death penalties for their society to function? Are there not rules and regulations for everyone to live by in order for the society to co-exist?

Then for God to co-exist in a society of His chosen people to be representives of Him to the world: His justice will be known. What is sin is sin. Some sins warrants death because it is the only deterrant to prevent others into being tempted to follow.

What happened when Israel thought better than God by letting the Philistines live? A history of trouble and backsliding.

Why the slaughter of people to inherit the Promised Land? There was a people that Israel were not to touch nor harm for their iniquities were not high enough, but it did reached its point, and God had ordered their destruction. So for the rest? As example by the failure to wipe out the Philistines, that is why.

Quote:
In much of the Bible, especially the Old Testament, there are laws that command that people be killed for absurd reasons such as working on the Sabbath, being gay, cursing your parents, or not being a virgin on your wedding night.
As God's chosen people, they are to be representative of Him and by failing on certain points, death had to be issued as there was no gray area. We have seen what happens when they do not obey God as a people, and what happens when His people adopts other culture's ways and so it is not unfathomable that God has condemned certain sins as punishable by death because in those sins, you let it slide, it leavens into a whole lump and pretty soon, nobody would be seen as God's representative and thus no one would know Who God is or what is sin to God.

Like all the others gods of the world made up by man and changing the rules with time, God has made His will known and for His people to be called His people, they are to follow Him.

Quote:
There are also countless examples of mass murders commanded by God, including the murder of women, infants, and children.
In those days, a culture represents the people as the people made up the culture. Children are taught and since their identity is well known to other tribes, any survivor taken into Israel out of sympathy may research their culture and it comes to life again, but brought among the Israelites.

Think you can resist finding out where you came from and the people that bore you if you were a surviving infant even?

So let us use logic in a different way.

What prompt Israel into coming back to God and His ways after backsliding all the time? Why not change the laws and adopt other cultures with theirs and change their Bible as God's chosen people to include other people? Who would cry foul?

God would.

A murdering God?

Then what are we in a society of police, judges, prisons, and death penalties?

Should we just look the other way in the face of serious crimes?

But this is God we are talking about. Exactly. What is sin.. is sin. If people want to know what seperates us from God, then as God's chosen people, they should follow Him and not do the sins that is not of Him since they are God's chosen people in representing Him to the world.

The fact that the law over the chosen people has proven the need for the Saviour as man is incapable of following Him by the religious flesh: that is why God's chosen people are still witnesses of Him in that they were prophesied in rejecting Him and by rejecting Him, has rpoven to the Gentile churches that Jesus is the Saviour.

But all is not lost.

After the pre tribulational rapture at His appearing, due to the falling away of the faith whereas the times of the Gentiles will come to an end, the despensation of the Gospel will go back to the Jews as prophesied and promised.

Yep. That's right. God is going to judge His House first: 1 Peter 4:17-19

Then the hour of trial that shall try all upon the earth as those that profess Him but fallen from the faith and/or have lived the wild life in sin will be restored to the path of righteousness for His name's sake as the 144,000 Jews converts will spread the Good News in being witnesses of Him.

Baffled?

If a christian fornicator told you the Good News and you do not see why you should believe when he is living in sin, then how hard is it for you to grasp that for anyone to be a witness of God, they should be living as His?

Sin seperates us from God. Accounts in the Bible OT testifies of the fear that they would die if they see God because that what sin does in the Presence of Holiness: bring about death. God has provided a way back to Himself through Himself: the Lamb of God as Our Passover Lamb so that those that believe in Him to have that reconciled relationship with God again... through Jesus Christ.

God's justice has been met by the blood on the cross. Believers now must learn of Him through the Word and trust Jesus to be their Good Shepherd as well as their Saviour in helping them to live as His to no longer live in sin but unto God by faith in the Son of God to do it.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There is no speculation with the word of God. The warnings are plain. Believe in Christ or spend eternity in the lake of fire. Those who will not heed the warnings such as John 3:36. will find that God means what He says.
*Restraint*

Old 06-27-2010, 04:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,587,783 times
Default The Merciful GOD:

Quote:
If God can't even Keep his own 10 Commandments, then..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Who are we to counsel God, or know His innermost mind?

A good study on Job will help you greatly in this dilemna, as it did for me.

Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct [him]? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee. Who [is] he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
The old testament was all about the preparation/purification of the bloodline that would eventually make way to our deliverance from the sinful nature inherent from the fall through the Messiah.

The very first act was to separate Abraham's bloodline by circumcision of the flesh to ensure that marriage among them could only be consummated by the women knowing it by touch...since electricity would not come until our time. It would be utterly dark then!

Jacob's experience with Leah attested to this:
Genesis 29:23 And it came to pass in the evening, that he took Leah his daughter, and brought her to him; and he went in unto her.

25 And it came to pass, that in the morning, behold, it was Leah: and he said unto Laban, what is this thou hast done unto me? did not I serve with thee for Rachel? wherefore then hast thou beguiled me?

There was no room for error then especially on dietary restrictions (remember the apple?), excluding food which would have been harmful to the genetic structure of mankind. Here, GOD could not possibly say, "it's okay, no harm done" for our salvation through "The Virgin Birth" was hanging on a balance. So GOD had to be firm, thus, seeming to be so unforgiving and punishing...when it fact, he did all that for US! Jesus was the fulfillment of the old testament. imho

I came to fulfill the law of Moses, not destroy it...Jesus said!

Blessings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I Suppose it depends on what yo believe . The scriptures say "As a man thinks in his heart so is he".

If the God you believe in is all forgiving , all merciful , all graceful , this is what will manifest in your life , if you don't believe this obviously the opposite will manifest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Aren't you trying to use logic for the basis of your OP?

I do not identify myself with the muslims. Their prophet teaches to kill: Jesus Christ does not. Their prophet is still dead and buried: Jesus has risen and there is no other gospel after Him thus the Quran is of man.

So back to logic.

Doesn't mankind has prisons and death penalties for their society to function? Are there not rules and regulations for everyone to live by in order for the society to co-exist?

Then for God to co-exist in a society of His chosen people to be representives of Him to the world: His justice will be known. What is sin is sin. Some sins warrants death because it is the only deterrant to prevent others into being tempted to follow.

What happened when Israel thought better than God by letting the Philistines live? A history of trouble and backsliding.

Why the slaughter of people to inherit the Promised Land? There was a people that Israel were not to touch nor harm for their iniquities were not high enough, but it did reached its point, and God had ordered their destruction. So for the rest? As example by the failure to wipe out the Philistines, that is why.

As God's chosen people, they are to be representative of Him and by failing on certain points, death had to be issued as there was no gray area. We have seen what happens when they do not obey God as a people, and what happens when His people adopts other culture's ways and so it is not unfathomable that God has condemned certain sins as punishable by death because in those sins, you let it slide, it leavens into a whole lump and pretty soon, nobody would be seen as God's representative and thus no one would know Who God is or what is sin to God.

Like all the others gods of the world made up by man and changing the rules with time, God has made His will known and for His people to be called His people, they are to follow Him.

In those days, a culture represents the people as the people made up the culture. Children are taught and since their identity is well known to other tribes, any survivor taken into Israel out of sympathy may research their culture and it comes to life again, but brought among the Israelites.

Think you can resist finding out where you came from and the people that bore you if you were a surviving infant even?

So let us use logic in a different way.

What prompt Israel into coming back to God and His ways after backsliding all the time? Why not change the laws and adopt other cultures with theirs and change their Bible as God's chosen people to include other people? Who would cry foul?

God would.

A murdering God?

Then what are we in a society of police, judges, prisons, and death penalties?

Should we just look the other way in the face of serious crimes?

But this is God we are talking about. Exactly. What is sin.. is sin. If people want to know what seperates us from God, then as God's chosen people, they should follow Him and not do the sins that is not of Him since they are God's chosen people in representing Him to the world.

The fact that the law over the chosen people has proven the need for the Saviour as man is incapable of following Him by the religious flesh: that is why God's chosen people are still witnesses of Him in that they were prophesied in rejecting Him and by rejecting Him, has rpoven to the Gentile churches that Jesus is the Saviour.

But all is not lost.

After the pre tribulational rapture at His appearing, due to the falling away of the faith whereas the times of the Gentiles will come to an end, the despensation of the Gospel will go back to the Jews as prophesied and promised.

Yep. That's right. God is going to judge His House first: 1 Peter 4:17-19

Then the hour of trial that shall try all upon the earth as those that profess Him but fallen from the faith and/or have lived the wild life in sin will be restored to the path of righteousness for His name's sake as the 144,000 Jews converts will spread the Good News in being witnesses of Him.

Baffled?

If a christian fornicator told you the Good News and you do not see why you should believe when he is living in sin, then how hard is it for you to grasp that for anyone to be a witness of God, they should be living as His?

Sin seperates us from God. Accounts in the Bible OT testifies of the fear that they would die if they see God because that what sin does in the Presence of Holiness: bring about death. God has provided a way back to Himself through Himself: the Lamb of God as Our Passover Lamb so that those that believe in Him to have that reconciled relationship with God again... through Jesus Christ.

God's justice has been met by the blood on the cross. Believers now must learn of Him through the Word and trust Jesus to be their Good Shepherd as well as their Saviour in helping them to live as His to no longer live in sin but unto God by faith in the Son of God to do it.
GOD "IS" LOVE.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:30 PM

697 posts, read 1,073,910 times
Quote:
Romans 9:15

Old 06-27-2010, 11:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,230,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

I don't read the NT either....it doesn't represent God as I see Him.
No wonder you now believe in universalism. When one stops reading God's word they are never going in the right direction.

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 06-27-2010 at 11:59 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,549,450 times
Quote:
The Mosiac law was designed to show man that he cannot save himself, or earn salvation by his own efforts and that he is in need of a Savior. Salvation has always been through faith in Christ, even during the age of the law.

The Mosiac law was given to the Jews only. The excepton was that any gentile who sojourned among the Jews was also expected to obey the laws given to Israel. All laws must have penalties. God is strict. He imposed strict penalties on the Israelites for disobedience. He had and has the right to impose penalties as He see's fit. If the Mosiac law was broken in one point, it was broken in all points. Where one individual law might be obeyed, another law would not be. Therefore, the entire law was broken despite obeying some particular law. Man was shown not to be able to keep God's perfect standards and requirements.

God's uncompromising standards based on His perfect essence, require uncompromising consequences. Since man could not keep the law, God became a man, and as the perfect man, who was born without Adam's sin, He was able to keep the law. Therefore, when anyone believes in Christ for salvation, He is saved on the basis of Christ's saving work on the Cross. But anyone who rejects Christ, relies on his own human righteousness and is condemned to the lake of fire on that basis.
So I was right... You believe that someone INCAPABLE of keeping the law is held accountable for not ACCEPTING Christ.. interesting...

So unless you believe in the saving work on the cross it is as if it never happened? So belief affects what happened on the cross? I thought you said that all sin has been atoned for... Yet you now say that the sin of the unbeliever is not atoned for? I don't get your wishy washy-ness sometimes....

I guess when Christ said it was finished it was only finished for a few and I guess then that nothing has really changed since Christ came. Believers are still the only ones saved. How does Israel's rejection benefit unbelievers or gentiles then??

Yeah... I still don't see what you are saying laid out in scripture.....

Ahhhh well. I gave it a shot.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 AM

33,351 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Romans 9:15
And? So? But? Therefore??? How in blue blazes do you think that Romans 9:15 negates the reality of Mathew 25:41,46. Or Revelation 20:11-15. Or any of the many passages that warn of the eternal destruction that awaits the unbeliever. Use your head and think!!! Or wait until reality is square in your face and find out the hard way that God means exactly what He says.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,032,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Our salvation was bought by Jesus Christ. Not everyone knows about it in the same order. Of course, I you know that already. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World, ESPECIALLY of those who believe.

Heartsong

Last edited by june 7th; 06-28-2010 at 07:02 AM..

Old 06-28-2010, 12:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,032,570 times
It is Allegory. Types and Shadows. Parables, etc... Don't read it as a literal book or a history book. It is a spiritual book, not to be read with a carnal/literal mindset.

Peace -
Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality