Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of difference between a religious message board and a message board about religion and spirituality. The former implies that participants subscribe to a religion; the latter does not.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There is a lot of difference between a religious message board and a message board about religion and spirituality. The former implies that participants subscribe to a religion; the latter does not.
Semantics.

Bottom line is that this forum has a lot of folks that frequent it for no other reason but to harass and insult religious people. And that's a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 03:51 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,327,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Semantics.

Bottom line is that this forum has a lot of folks that frequent it for no other reason but to harass and insult religious people. And that's a shame.
Here we go with the fascism again.

It's the same thing with you: Wanting atheists to go hole up in their little sub-forum so you don't have to read anything negative about your religion.

Because that's what it's really all about.

You just want a place all to yourself where you can blab about how awesome god is, praise him with your buddies, prosalytize to people who are actually interested, and bash everyone else who doesn't toe your party line.

But HEY, Merry Christmas anyway, BF.

I'm most likely leaving the forums! Isn't that wonderful news?

And it's because of people like you!

Oh, don't celebrate yet. Because it's not for the reasons you think.

It's because people like you are BORING.

I've had debates with my cat that were more exciting, engaging, and interesting than your bestest ever posting.

There USED to be some interesting Christians around who could give as good as they received and weren't afraid to take me on directly.

But you?

Snowflake. Yeah, I hate using that word. But you're a snowflake. A fascist snowflake to be sure, but still someone who melts instantly the moment the slightest bit of heat is applied.

So ... have fun in your little Christian echo chamber where you can form your mutual admiration society. Ya'll can backpat each other on being great Christians.

I mean, it's not like you don't have a Christian sub-forum to do that in.

Fortunately, atheists generally respect the right of Christians to be heard and to express their opinions, even when those opinions are unfavorable to atheists. We don't whine and complain that those dratted Christians are HERE when they SHOULD be in the Christian sub-forum!!

But you have to have the WHOLE forum, don'tchya. I mean, I think I posted in the Christian sub-forum 2 or 3 times in all the years I've been here. But Christians have no qualms at all invading the A&A forum and actually BASHING atheists there. What's more, we don't kick them out, tattle to a mod, or COMPLAIN (like you do) that Christians are posting there.

Nope, we take it in stride, engage in the debate, and rise to the challenge. Not whimper and mewl and caterwaul about "she insulted my religion booooo fugging hoooooo."

So, here you go, BF. The forum is all yours.

This place has turned into a Whine Tasting extravaganza anyway.

(And just to add worse to woe, you have the temerity to accuse everyone ELSE of being a snowflake. What a crock of shyte. Gee, a hypocritical Christian. Now THERE'S a shocker.)

Old 02-07-2018, 03:53 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,327,286 times
Quote:
Nah....you just frequent religious message boards to insult, harass, and attack people. That’s safer and les direct than actually looking someone in the eye and talking to them.
And where are YOU at the moment?

Oh right ... a FUGGIN MESSAGE BOARD!

For Christ's sake, BF, can you stop being a hypocrite for even a nanosecond? Just one?

How about just one unit of planck time? That should be less of a challenge for you.

And I know how much you HATE challenges.

As for it being "safer" than looking someone in the eye. Why should I be safer? Are you threatening me, BF?

Are you suggesting that if we were face to face, you would do harm to me?

Is THAT what you're saying?

Isn't that against the forum rules?

Where do you live, BF? Maybe you live nearby. If so, I'll be more than happy to meet up with you -- where, ostensibly, it's a lot more dangerous -- and we can do lunch!

If you think my being here has to do with cowardice LOL! Sorry bub. My medical condition and limited mobility is what makes forum posting a better alternative than, say, driving somewhere without a license and under the influence of narcotic pain killers just to find someone to debate with eye to eye.

Ya know?

Anyhow. Good riddance.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:52 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie
Semantics.

Here we go with the fascism again.

It's the same thing with you: Wanting atheists to go hole up in their little sub-forum so you don't have to read anything negative about your religion.

Because that's what it's really all about.

You just want a place all to yourself where you can blab about how awesome god is, praise him with your buddies, prosalytize to people who are actually interested, and bash everyone else who doesn't toe your party line.

But HEY, Merry Christmas anyway, BF.

I'm most likely leaving the forums! Isn't that wonderful news?

And it's because of people like you!

Oh, don't celebrate yet. Because it's not for the reasons you think.

It's because people like you are BORING.

I've had debates with my cat that were more exciting, engaging, and interesting than your bestest ever posting.

There USED to be some interesting Christians around who could give as good as they received and weren't afraid to take me on directly.

But you?

Snowflake. Yeah, I hate using that word. But you're a snowflake. A fascist snowflake to be sure, but still someone who melts instantly the moment the slightest bit of heat is applied.

So ... have fun in your little Christian echo chamber where you can form your mutual admiration society. Ya'll can backpat each other on being great Christians.

I mean, it's not like you don't have a Christian sub-forum to do that in.

Fortunately, atheists generally respect the right of Christians to be heard and to express their opinions, even when those opinions are unfavorable to atheists. We don't whine and complain that those dratted Christians are HERE when they SHOULD be in the Christian sub-forum!!

But you have to have the WHOLE forum, don'tchya. I mean, I think I posted in the Christian sub-forum 2 or 3 times in all the years I've been here. But Christians have no qualms at all invading the A&A forum and actually BASHING atheists there. What's more, we don't kick them out, tattle to a mod, or COMPLAIN (like you do) that Christians are posting there.

Nope, we take it in stride, engage in the debate, and rise to the challenge. Not whimper and mewl and caterwaul about "she insulted my religion booooo fugging hoooooo."

So, here you go, BF. The forum is all yours.

This place has turned into a Whine Tasting extravaganza anyway.

(And just to add worse to woe, you have the temerity to accuse everyone ELSE of being a snowflake. What a crock of shyte. Gee, a hypocritical Christian. Now THERE'S a shocker.)
Maybe it's because I only read this one post. But here, the one I see going off into a rant is you.

In this one post I saw (1) him saying the word snowflake a total of ZERO times, (2) you quite literally going into a belligerent rant over a valid point (yes, the uncategorized section is for all users, but see point #3), and (3) very definitely projecting to a great extent (you accuse Christians of acting like they own the subforum, but I'm looking just at this one page and I see... one Muslim thread (unquestionable evidences), no apparent Hindu or Buddhist threads, a few Christian threads, a few atheist threads, and a few threads that seem like they would be considered religion-bashing if they were done to some other religion or to atheists themselves).

Seriously, get a grip. Calm down and look at what the other poster actually said. Are there some threads harassment threads? Let's see... I've got one called Religious Trauma Syndrome (implying religious ppl are mentally ill), What have Atheists done for humanity vs. what Believers have done for humanity throughout history (pissing contest), What made Yahweh go crazy? (thanks for calling someone else's deity insane btw), Christians Cannot Defend What They Claim (and I'm sure you guys can).

What would you call these? Cuz yes, it does look some sort of harassment. I haven't seen ANY such threads on this page aimed at atheists. They do exist in this subforum, yes, but I can regularly find atheist -> Christian harassment, and I'm struggling to find atheist <- Christian harassment without seeking it out. He's right. It's an easy target. You don't attack Buddhists, because Buddhists are inobjectionable. So far as I've seen, you don't attack Hindus much either. Or Muslims. But Christians are like "turn the other cheek", so yeah, let's talk about how I had a bad time at Sunday school when I was a kid, and act like you know what religion is about by blanket comparing it to fundie Christianity. How is this not bullying and harassment?

Did you seriously use the word fascism? Really?!?

Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
And where are YOU at the moment?

Oh right ... a FUGGIN MESSAGE BOARD!

For Christ's sake, BF, can you stop being a hypocrite for even a nanosecond? Just one?

How about just one unit of planck time? That should be less of a challenge for you.

And I know how much you HATE challenges.

As for it being "safer" than looking someone in the eye. Why should I be safer? Are you threatening me, BF?

Are you suggesting that if we were face to face, you would do harm to me?

Is THAT what you're saying?

Isn't that against the forum rules?

Where do you live, BF? Maybe you live nearby. If so, I'll be more than happy to meet up with you -- where, ostensibly, it's a lot more dangerous -- and we can do lunch!

If you think my being here has to do with cowardice LOL! Sorry bub. My medical condition and limited mobility is what makes forum posting a better alternative than, say, driving somewhere without a license and under the influence of narcotic pain killers just to find someone to debate with eye to eye.

Ya know?

Anyhow. Good riddance.
That's quite a rant.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Maybe it's because I only read this one post. But here, the one I see going off into a rant is you.
Perhaps if you responded to the last few posts of yours that she took the time and trouble to address, she might not rant so much. She has shown you to be woefully ignorant when it comes to history (both American and European) and she proved every claims you made to be false. Why don't you respond? Because that is what she is ranting about and rightly so, the fact that, having spent the time and effort to debunk your claims at considerable pain and discomfort, you simple ignore her posts, run for the hills and crawl under a stone.

...and she's right on every point she made in her last post. You and BF have no comeback other than the constant whining and grizzling about a perceived 'persecution' of Christians...as if Christians hadn't done any persecuting over the past 2000 years...and in fact, still are!

Quote:
Seriously, get a grip.
Seriously, respond to her posts that are waiting for you. We know you are cacking your pants over it. You probably find the severe mauling she gave you acutely embarrassing, hell I would! Being shown up to be a total buffoon when it comes to 'facts' must be embarrassing.

Quote:
Calm down and look at what the other poster actually said.
Pity you didn't do that...and respond to them, particularly as they are addressed to you.

Quote:
Are there some threads harassment threads? Let's see... I've got one called Religious Trauma Syndrome (implying religious ppl are mentally ill), ...
It's perfectly appropriate to rate a person's intellect, intelligence and mental state on their beliefs. If someone continues to believe that a 2-inch round peg will fit in a 1-inch square hole no matter how many times it's demonstrated to them that it doesn't fit, it's not inappropriate to call into question their ability to cognitively assess the spatial relationships involved. If someone looks to an example of one of the most obvious forms of injustice and perceives it as an absolute standard of justice (such as punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty), one is not out of bounds to wonder at their mental capacity in assessing the relative validity of concepts built upon such a principle...much like we would question the mental state of someone that keeps insisting that the Earth is flat or the Moon is made of green cheese.

Quote:
What made Yahweh go crazy? (thanks for calling someone else's deity insane btw),
What would you call someone that has a pissy-fit and drowns the whole world save 8 people.

Quote:
Christians Cannot Defend What They Claim (and I'm sure you guys can).
Yes we can, as we have proven every time you Christians make your ridiculous claims.

Quote:
What would you call these? Cuz yes, it does look some sort of harassment.
As Shirina said...Booo fugging Hoooo! Instead of crying like a new born baby because you feel that your delicate sensibilities have been trodden on, FIGHT YOUR CORNER BEAT US WITH FACTS. Oh wait! You can't can you. You haven't got any!

Quote:
He's right.
No he isn't ... and neither are you.

Quote:
You don't attack Buddhists, because Buddhists are inobjectionable.
Can you point out any Buddhist threads? (that's a clue btw)

Quote:
So far as I've seen, you don't attack Hindus much either.
Can you point out any Hindu threads? (that's a clue btw)

Quote:
Or Muslims.
You'd better look again

Old 02-08-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Perhaps if you responded to the last few posts of yours that she took the time and trouble to address, she might not rant so much. She has shown you to be woefully ignorant when it comes to history (both American and European) and she proved every claims you made to be false. Why don't you respond? Because that is what she is ranting about and rightly so, the fact that, having spent the time and effort to debunk your claims at considerable pain and discomfort, you simple ignore her posts, run for the hills and crawl under a stone.

...and she's right on every point she made in her last post. You and BF have no comeback other than the constant whining and grizzling about a perceived 'persecution' of Christians...as if Christians hadn't done any persecuting over the past 2000 years...and in fact, still are!

Seriously, respond to her posts that are waiting for you. We know you are cacking your pants over it. You probably find the severe mauling she gave you acutely embarrassing, hell I would! Being shown up to be a total buffoon when it comes to 'facts' must be embarrassing.

Pity you didn't do that...and respond to them, particularly as they are addressed to you.

It's perfectly appropriate to rate a person's intellect, intelligence and mental state on their beliefs. If someone continues to believe that a 2-inch round peg will fit in a 1-inch square hole no matter how many times it's demonstrated to them that it doesn't fit, it's not inappropriate to call into question their ability to cognitively assess the spatial relationships involved. If someone looks to an example of one of the most obvious forms of injustice and perceives it as an absolute standard of justice (such as punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty), one is not out of bounds to wonder at their mental capacity in assessing the relative validity of concepts built upon such a principle...much like we would question the mental state of someone that keeps insisting that the Earth is flat or the Moon is made of green cheese.

What would you call someone that has a pissy-fit and drowns the whole world save 8 people.

Yes we can, as we have proven every time you Christians make your ridiculous claims.

As Shirina said...Booo fugging Hoooo! Instead of crying like a new born baby because you feel that your delicate sensibilities have been trodden on, FIGHT YOUR CORNER BEAT US WITH FACTS. Oh wait! You can't can you. You haven't got any!

No he isn't ... and neither are you.

Can you point out any Buddhist threads? (that's a clue btw)

Can you point out any Hindu threads? (that's a clue btw)

You'd better look again
Another interesting rant.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:19 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Well, the ones knocking on my door get the opportunity to be introduced to my beliefs that question their beliefs. As they stand mute after I introduce my questions, it isn't long before they need to get going.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Another interesting rant.
Which is Christian- speak for 'Damn! He hit home there.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality