Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 08:08 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,317,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Yeah, I would like to know what the protest is about. I think it may have been abortion.
Well, if one accepts the words of the prophets then the death of the body is really are joyous thing as the person will be in heaven with the Lord. Rejecting the prophets is never going to lay a path of roses.
Why on earth would you say it was about abortion? I just looked it up and this is what the poster on youtube wrote...

Quote:
"For those who don't know, Phelps' clan claims that soldiers dying in war, specifically Iraq and Afghanistan are payback from God for America's pro-homosexual stance. To try and draw a comparison between Matthew Kelley's sacrifice for his country and some lunatic's notion that God is mad at the military is ridiculous!"
The protest was at a soldiers funeral who died in combat.

Defend that.

Are you also trying to say that Christians don't grieve their dead? That they wouldn't be offended if some group decided to protest at a funeral for a member of their family? I would imagine that a good proportion of the people at that funeral were Christians themselves. This protest is one of the most selfish things I've ever seen, all they care about is getting their point across, they couldn't care less about this dead soldier who died for the freedom that they are enjoying in being able to protest at all.

Think about what you are defending here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM

454 posts, read 498,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Why on earth would you say it was about abortion? I just looked it up and this is what the poster on youtube wrote...

The protest was at a soldiers funeral who died in combat.

Defend that.

Are you also trying to say that Christians don't grieve their dead? That they wouldn't be offended if some group decided to protest at a funeral for a member of their family? I would imagine that a good proportion of the people at that funeral were Christians themselves. This protest is one of the most selfish things I've ever seen, all they care about is getting their point across, they couldn't care less about this dead soldier who died for the freedom that they are enjoying in being able to protest at all.

Think about what you are defending here.
Darn it! I knew it was gonna be either abortion or homosexuals. Picked the wrong horse. I'm not defending anything. No need for me to defend the actions of others. If they the Lord is calling them to do what they do then so be it. Not my place to interfere.

Having said that I would say that the idea of homo in the army is ridiculous and God wouldn't be supportive of an army that openly allows such things.
That's my opinion as I don't believe that God supports sin.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,317,908 times
Quote:
Darn it! I knew it was gonna be either abortion or homosexuals. Picked the wrong horse. I'm not defending anything. No need for me to defend the actions of others. If they the Lord is calling them to do what they do then so be it. Not my place to interfere.

Having said that I would say that the idea of homo in the army is ridiculous and God wouldn't be supportive of an army that openly allows such things.
That's my opinion as I don't believe that God supports sin.

I guess I shouldn't keep on being surprised by the narrow minded hatred and bigotry I keep on seeing in this forum but this is just outrageous.

You ARE defending their actions. In this one post you have said that your god called them to do it and that what they are protesting is right. I can't believe you haven't been shouted down by many posters telling you how wrong you are. How do you know what your god wants or supports? And don't try to tell me that some ancient tribal community's myths and laws repackaged and modified says so and therefore makes it alright.

People are born gay, studies have shown that there are structures in the brain that are more consistent with the opposite sex in homosexual individuals. It is biological, hereditary just like every other human trait, it is not a choice so how can it be a sin? Why would a god hate or not even support something he supposedly created? Your argument is just an ignorant, hateful lie.

I don't have the time to waste on this idiocy.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Can you tell me exactly what they are protesting here? There seems to be no coherent point to it and why at a funeral of all things?...that is so far beyond bad taste it enters the realm of despicable.
I believe they are protesting a soldier's burial, who was killed overseas.....BUT I am NOT positive about that.....I'll do some research.

I posted the video to show how some religious fanatics behave at such an obviously traumatic event.....a loved one's funeral; IMAGINE how that family must have felt!!!!! This "church" also demonstrated at Matthew Shepard's funeral; the young gay man who was robbed, beaten and tied to a fence and left to die, which sadly he did succumb to that trauma.

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matthew Shepard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:

I guess I shouldn't keep on being surprised by the narrow minded hatred and bigotry I keep on seeing in this forum but this is just outrageous.

You ARE defending their actions. In this one post you have said that your god called them to do it and that what they are protesting is right. I can't believe you haven't been shouted down by many posters telling you how wrong you are. How do you know what your god wants or supports? And don't try to tell me that some ancient tribal community's myths and laws repackaged and modified says so and therefore makes it alright.

People are born gay, studies have shown that there are structures in the brain that are more consistent with the opposite sex in homosexual individuals. It is biological, hereditary just like every other human trait, it is not a choice so how can it be a sin? Why would a god hate or not even support something he supposedly created? Your argument is just an ignorant, hateful lie.

I agree and you are correct about sexual orientation.....apparently during fetal development hormones from the mother change the brain structure of the male fetus(to a point) and we are different than straight males in that sense and in that we are attracted to male pheronomes; rather than female.

I don't waste my time talking to posters like that anymore....they live to hate.....are intellectually inferior and NEVER have one link or educational video to back up their ridiculous and frankly just plain dumb assertions.

Also they NEVER will list their academic credentials; because they do NOT HAVE ANY!!!!!!!.

Pheromone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THERE are many sexual variations of humans...not strictly a male and/or female world....a trait of our species>>>>>

Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Old 08-11-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:

LOL! Jesus loves you.

I would say that commiting sodomy is a choice. Humans aren't born in the act of sodomy. Sodomy is sin.

Jesus Christ is faithful and true and forgives all sin of those who believe in him and confess their sins to him.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
...I would say that the idea of homo in the army is ridiculous and God wouldn't be supportive of an army that openly allows such things.
Oh well, then we don't have to wonder about the eventual outcome in Afghanistan or Iraq, do we? Our army is doomed to failure. Providentially decreed failure, no less!

I hope nobody takes advantage of this weakness to invade the United States. Hey, wait a second...could it be that you're wrong?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Oh well, then we don't have to wonder about the eventual outcome in Afghanistan or Iraq, do we? Our army is doomed to failure. Providentially decreed failure, no less!

I hope nobody takes advantage of this weakness to invade the United States. Hey, wait a second...could it be that you're wrong?
Well, let's take a look at the facts shall we.

Sodomy is sin - fact.

Humans are not born committing sodomy - fact.

Humans choose to commit sodomy - fact.

God hates sin - fact.

Men who call themselves homosxuals commit sodomy - fact.

Having men who call themselves homosexuals in the army will make God hate the army - fact.

Armies that God hates, lose wars - fact.

Nah, it looks like I am right again.

Thanks for your comments though. They are truly appreciated. I really do mean that in the most sincere manner possible.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Well, let's take a look at the facts shall we.

Sodomy is sin - fact.

Humans are not born committing sodomy - fact.

Humans choose to commit sodomy - fact.

God hates sin - fact.

Men who call themselves homosxuals commit sodomy - fact.

Having men who call themselves homosexuals in the army will make God hate the army - fact.

Armies that God hates, lose wars - fact.

Nah, it looks like I am right again.

Thanks for your comments though. They are truly appreciated. I really do mean that in the most sincere manner possible.
FACT
Your post is nothing but opinion, not fact
It's also FoS, but that's admittedly just opinion....but it is offered in a most sincere manner

Old 08-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
FACT
Your post is nothing but opinion, not fact
It's also FoS, but that's admittedly just opinion....but it is offered in a most sincere manner

Jesus loves you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality