Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 AM

454 posts, read 498,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Indeed. It's called 'Tough Christianity'.
Taking pride in the application of double-standards with regards to how one treats one's enemies has nought to do with Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Taking pride in the application of double-standards with regards to how one treats one's enemies has nought to do with Christ.
Madamoiselle, you seem to be very taken with this method of shrugging of all points and arguments by accusing whoever puts them of doing it out of pride.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Madamoiselle, you seem to be very taken with this method of shrugging of all points and arguments by accusing whoever puts them of doing it out of pride.
Do you think that it is interesting/funny how some people who profess to be open minded/tolerant/non-sexist individuals reveal their true thoughts when they attempt to deride another person by presuming them to be a female when they know full well that is not the case?

I always find the contradiction between the outside and the inside of a white washed tomb to be somewhat entertaining. There is much humour to be found in juxtaposition!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Do you think that it is interesting/funny how some people who profess to be open minded/tolerant/non-sexist individuals reveal their true thoughts when they attempt to deride another person by presuming them to be a female when they know full well that is not the case?

I always find the contradiction between the outside and the inside of a white washed tomb to be somewhat entertaining. There is much humour to be found in juxtaposition!
Ah. You were quite eager to use that in your strawman attack on a person whose arguments you cannot deal with honestly.

In fact I really had a hunch you might be female - my guess was wrong. I didn't know as your profile gave no indication, last time I looked. Now I know better. Sorry for any embarrassment but I was hoping to get you to say one way or the other.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
I for one, if a poster is being open and honest, do not understand why any poster cannot or will not take the time to fill out at least part, if not all of their profile information. At least the male or female section; this would avoid any misunderstandings and/or hurt feelings.

My section is completely filled out...I am proud and not ashamed of myself nor my accomplishments. By reading a poster's profile we can gain insight into their personalities and better understand their posts and passions. To me that is what our forum is all about, sharing our knowledge and experiences so that we can better understand one another. Hopefully by doing this we all can get along better in this world and promote brotherhood and peace; instead of ignorance and blind/unjustified hatred. PITTS.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are actually defending a group that hates almost everybody? Are you actually proud of that statement.
Well look at the god he believes in, how can this poor lost mind not feel anything but hatred for everyone else.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
EDUCATED posters PLEASE read this post>>>>>>>

//www.city-data.com/forum/15407889-post393.html
Sadly Pitts, that makes no difference at all to those brainwashed so completely to the hatred that is organized religion today. The fear expressed every time someone preaches about hell, so represents those hooked by the fear indoctrination of religion, then once reason is subdued into submission by the fear, the teaching of whom to hate begins.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Ah. You were quite eager to use that in your strawman attack on a person whose arguments you cannot deal with honestly.

In fact I really had a hunch you might be female - my guess was wrong. I didn't know as your profile gave no indication, last time I looked. Now I know better. Sorry for any embarrassment but I was hoping to get you to say one way or the other.
Why do you suppose there would be any embarrassment?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Why do you suppose there would be any embarrassment?

YouTube - Madness - Embarrassment

Old 08-13-2010, 11:53 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that all evil/hate will be destroyed.

If you believe that you have no evil/hate in your own mind/heart then please refer to God's Law as Jesus taught that Love fulfills the Law. So, if you are so loving you wouldn't be in contravention of any of God's Laws.

Surely Westboro Baptist Church is doing the Lord's work. Dividing the nation of The USA along the faultline of sexual immorality.

I believe that you are deluded if you believe that this current world will remain when all evil/hate are destroyed. The time is nigh.
I've come to the conclusion that you are one SICK TWISTED PUPPY if you think what these SICK FRACKIN PEOPLE do is the Lords work!!!! The Christians should be the ones lambasting you instead of us Athiests/Agnostics...for they are the ones you are truly embarrassing with your senseless tripe about loving god and your neighbor while condoning what these morons do.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 08-13-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality