Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
How is a person starving and dying in Ethiopa blessed by Jesus, when they more than likely will die without any knowledge of Him?
I don't think a person who dies and has never heard the name of Jesus is automatically hell-bound. Please read Romans Chapter 1 and let's discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,970 times
Quote:
Do you literally believe that "all the families of the earth will be blessed" through Israel? If so, think about what you are literally believing, as someone who believes in hell.
the blessing is Jesus here IMHO, thru him all nations can recieve the gift of eternal life.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
the blessing is Jesus here IMHO, thru him all nations can recieve the gift of eternal life.
That is what I have been trying to say. And Alpha is right, you should read that chapter.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,201,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I don't think a person who dies and has never heard the name of Jesus is automatically hell-bound. Please read Romans Chapter 1 and let's discuss.
Will do alpha, tonight at home. No time now, I'm out in a bit!

(everyone can heave a big sigh of relief)

Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
OK, I just googled it. 40% of the population of Ethiopia are Christian. Has Jesus not then blessed their nation with knowledge of Him?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Don't get me started!

The Bible says that God is not a respector of persons, but also that the Jews are the "chosen" people.
Since this comes up occasionally here, I feel the need to explain something... especially as this belief is one major cause of Antisemitism (not from you, obviously ). While many people believe the phrase "Chosen People" means that we're supposedly special in God's eyes, it's really not about that. Most Jewish scholars feel it means we're chosen to endure pain, trials & hardships, in order to prove God's existence - guess you could say we're the "Job" of religions, lol. That could still be misinterpreted as thinking we're somehow better than other religions, but it's nothing of the sort. Hey, if you all want to take on the Jewish burdens, BE MY GUEST!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That is what I have been trying to say. And Alpha is right, you should read that chapter.
alpha said i should read it? lost as a goose-lol i agreed with alpha

Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
OK, I just googled it. 40% of the population of Ethiopia are Christian. Has Jesus not then blessed their nation with knowledge of Him?
Oh kay, I was just pulling a country out of thin air for the purpose of making a point, and I obviously should have picked another country. Shall we pick China? Or any country that doesn't have such large Christian numbers???

Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
alpha said i should read it?
Oh no, he said that to Jeff and I meant Jeff as well, sorry for the confusion.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since this comes up occasionally here, I feel the need to explain something... especially as this belief is one major cause of Antisemitism (not from you, obviously ). While many people believe the phrase "Chosen People" means that we're supposedly special in God's eyes, it's really not about that. Many Jewish scholars feel it means we're chosen to endure pain, trials & hardships, in order to prove God's existence - guess you could say we're the "Job" of religions, lol. That could still be misinterpreted as thinking we're somehow better than other religions, but it's nothing of the sort. Hey, if you all want to take on the Jewish burdens, BE MY GUEST!!!
Very interesting, I have never seen it from that POV!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality