Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,995,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Crickets!!!
Sorry Rafius, I had to put weed killer on my lawn. You might want to check out Post 150.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,708,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Sorry Rafius, I had to put weed killer on my lawn. You might want to check out Post 150.
Here is just a little tidbit about one of those "credible" people you posted.

"Despite this and much more evidence that Ron Wyatt was a crazy liar, both Lennart Moller and Lad Allen were insidiously dishonest in promoting Wyatt’s “findings” without disclosing Wyatt’s history of fraud. [See the link below for more on Wyatt, much more.]

Coming This Fall, "The Exodus Conspiracy" — Dr. Lennart Moller resurrects Ron Wyatt’s photograph of a gilded chariot wheel « Debunking Christianity

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,708,113 times
Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation (WAR, W.A.R.)

Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,913,636 times
I KNEW IT!!! I knew it would be Moller! FYI Campo. Moller is NOT an archaeologist. He is a BIOLOGIST.

Professor Ken Kitchen

Evangelical Christian.

Dr. Ebba M. During.
Archaeosteology??? Never heard of it.

Alan Ralph Millard.
Scribal practices in the ancient Near East remain a dominant concern for him; the importance he ascribes to this topic stems largely from his belief as an Evangelical Christian in the essential historicity of the Bible - a point of view he shares with his colleague at Liverpool, the Egyptologist Kenneth Kitchen. Nuff said!

Rabbi Manis Friedman
Biblical Scholar, Lecturer, Author. World-renowned author, counsellor, lecturer and philosopher....but not accredited archaeologist.

Dr. Gregor Hodgson
A Marine Biologist...with no qualifications in archaeology.

So Campo do you have anything from anyone who is a qualified archaeologist but not a rabid evangelical Christian?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I did, and I think you should spray post 150 with weed killer too. Moller is as big a fraud as Wyatt.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,613,703 times
This is a biblical based BS site, they are quite upfront with that fact. Basically saying "don't like it, lump it" followed by a bunch of scripture.
Final Frontier: Offended? - Have you been offended by Dr Richard Kent’s free Christian web site with free PowerPoint lectures, free conferences, free books and free movies?

Quote:
The Search for the real Mt. Sinai: Experts and Scholars Reviews

THE SEARCH FOR THE REAL MT. SINAI : Experts and Scholars Reviews
A site specifically to sell DVD's. Really Tom

Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,613,703 times
Quote:
I did, and I think you should spray post 150 with weed killer too. Moller is as big a fraud as Wyatt.

Weed killer is effective on BS who knew

Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This is a biblical based BS site, ....
That's all he EVER comes up with. Not once, in all the times Tom has been asked to provide evidence for his claims has he EVER come up with a source that doesn't have an agenda to prove the Bible true.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,014,412 times
Quote:
Well it would be untrue if you think Hal Lindsey was never called out for his prophecies. You can look that up yourself. Many Christian took him to task for his book and his 1980 predictions, and branding him a false teacher ect. Numerous other such ministers suffered the same fate.

When Revelation states the Jesus is coming soon. It sometimes is necessary to look at the orgianl greek to get the full meaning. And this is the reason Jesus tells us to study His word to show that we are approved. The orginal word in the greek is, (tachu) which has more then one meaning. Now even though Jesus tells us in three parables that his coming would be a long time off. The translators choose to ignore that. They had a few words to choose from. One meaning of that word, that would of been in agreement with Jesus own words was. (by surprise). However, they choose to to insert the word (SOON). Which was the oppsite of Christ own words, and perhaps more in agreement with their own desires. The fact is, only after the return of the Jewish people from a worldwide exile was the return of Christ possible. And that was not possible until the year 1948 when Israel declared its statehood. It is not so much a question of rewriting, as it is a question of seeing the intent of the orginal greek.
In reading Revelation,the clear intent is that it is going to happen THEN.That is why it is said that those hearing it read in church will be blessed by it.You really think that the Christians of 100AD being persecuted gave a rodent's rear end about what might happen sometime after the year 2011?The churches that the book was given to and being read to were told that it was for THEM,in THAT time period.But,just as I have pointed out,you cannot handle that proper interpretation,and so you start offering alternate definitions to simple words.Again,you simply make my point.If it don't fit,redefine it.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,995,199 times
Quote:
I KNEW IT!!! I knew it would be Moller! FYI Campo. Moller is NOT an archaeologist. He is a BIOLOGIST.

Professor Ken Kitchen
Evangelical Christian.

Dr. Ebba M. During.
Archaeosteology??? Never heard of it.

Alan Ralph Millard.
Scribal practices in the ancient Near East remain a dominant concern for him; the importance he ascribes to this topic stems largely from his belief as an Evangelical Christian in the essential historicity of the Bible - a point of view he shares with his colleague at Liverpool, the Egyptologist Kenneth Kitchen. Nuff said!

Rabbi Manis Friedman
Biblical Scholar, Lecturer, Author. World-renowned author, counsellor, lecturer and philosopher....but not accredited archaeologist.

Dr. Gregor Hodgson
A Marine Biologist...with no qualifications in archaeology.

So Campo do you have anything from anyone who is a qualified archaeologist but not a rabid evangelical Christian?
Dr. Moller is a Medical Research Scientist. And you would want someone like that if you had to research human and horse bones found at the bottom of the Red Sea. Just as you would want Dr. Gregor Hodgson, Marine Biologist to consider the kinds of coral that has fashioned itself around the objects that remain from pharoahs army. And naturally, you would want such men as Dr. Manfred Bietak, and Professor Ken Kitchen who are both Egyptologist, and ranked highly in their field. For there is an abundance of ancient writings found in the area of the discovery. And of course you would want Manis Friedman who is a Biblical Scholar, and Dr. Ebba M. During who is a Rankin Professor of Hebrew & ancient Semitic language. These are the kinds of people needed to consider the evidence found. And I personally do not know for a fact if any of these men could be considered rabid evangelical Christians. These men without a doubt are fully qualified. Yet, I'm sure no matter who confirms what is found there. You will try to undermine their qualifications, only because you don't want to believe their findings.

And suggesting that because some may be Christians now disqualifies them from the research is nonsense. That would be the same as me saying if anyone believes in Evolution, they must step down from any research that supports evolution. And most accredited archaeologist would not have the deep understanding that a Biblical Scholar would have. Especially when it comes to the Biblical account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality