Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 03:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,246,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
99% of religion is manmade. However Christinity is God made. And the reason we know this, is because the Bible is the only Book that fortells the future in detail. None of the other religions do this. And only the real God could of known such facts about the future. Jesus Christ is the only person who can save us. And naturally we Christians want everyone to be saved. However even Jesus tells us, that only a few would respond to the truth.
Quote:
Well Jesus Christ who is the God of the Bible tells us that everyone is on a different path. And Jesus Christ did not die on the cross because he had nothing better to do that day. He tells us the world needs to be saved. And unless you put your trust in Him, you will suffer the same fate as the rest of the world. Which is a future seperation from God.
I know you think that I'm wrong - just as I think you are wrong. But the difference is that I still respect your right to have your own beliefs. I'm not threatening you that bad things will happen to you unless you share my beliefs. You are as free to believe what you believe as I am to believe what I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 03:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,990,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You help make my point.It was a common claim before then that Christ would come before 1988.I know,I was a Southern baptist attending a church with a strong dispensationalist preacher then,even though I did not buy that myself.Had it preached to me weekly.Books like the one I mentioned were written on it.

And now folks like yourself are forced to change the claim when it didn't come to pass.
The claim was made by an author who wanted to sell his book. The claim was never made by the Bible. Clearly the Bible tells us, that there will still be people alive from the generation born during Israels rebirth, and that generation will be the one that sees the fulfillment of Christ return. My wife was born in 1947, and I would say she has a long way to go before she passes on. You know, it is not about what authors, ministers, or what people say or believe.. It is about what Scripture actually states that is important. And that is the reason Jesus tells us to look to no man for our faith. And that is because such man are so often wrong. Cleary the author placed a number of years on a generation that God never intended. Jesus only told us that there would be some people still living from that time. Add to his words anything more, and you are left with error.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:12 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,012,660 times
Quote:
The claim was made by an author who wanted to sell his book. The claim was never made by the Bible. Clearly the Bible tells us, that there will still be people alive from the generation born during Israels rebirth, and that generation will be the one that sees the fulfillment of Christ return. My wife was born in 1947, and I would say she has a long way to go before she passes on. You know, it is not about what authors, ministers, or what people say or believe.. It is about what Scripture actually states that is important. And that is the reason Jesus tells us to look to no man for our faith. And that is because such man are so often wrong. Cleary the author placed a number of years on a generation that God never intended. Jesus only told us that there would be some people still living from that time. Add to his words anything more, and you are left with error.
Again,you help make my point.This claim was not made by one sole man attempting to sell a book.It was routinely made by preachers you could watch on TV and by preachers I heard myself in churches.And it was all based on their personal interpretation.and when they were wrong,folks like you simply use a different set of rules and claim that they were in error.In that way,the lot of the end timers never have to answer for why their ideological kinfolk messed up.You just change the rules each time your bunch is proven wrong,and then proceed to tell the world that THIS time,your interpretation is right.Unless it's shown to be wrong yet again,and then yet again your side will rewrite the rules to explain away the latest failure.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,997,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why is it that some people (in general and a lot of people here) are so intent in saying the Christianity is a fraud, a sham, a lie?

One almost never sees that same kind of thing when it comes to Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism or Islam.

Gosh, I'll bet that more than half of the threads on this forum are about saying Christianity is a sham. Why is that? Why is it so important to some that Christianity be shown as not true?

I do find it interesting that so many on this forum find it important to say Christianity is bunk. I have my theories-mostly having to do with "what if what the NT says is really true".
ALL religions are man made and are shams and frauds perpetrated on the weak minded in order to keep the masses in line and obedient little worker bees.

Happy now?

Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,990,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Again,you help make my point.This claim was not made by one sole man attempting to sell a book.It was routinely made by preachers you could watch on TV and by preachers I heard myself in churches.And it was all based on their personal interpretation.and when they were wrong,folks like you simply use a different set of rules and claim that they were in error.In that way,the lot of the end timers never have to answer for why their ideological kinfolk messed up.You just change the rules each time your bunch is proven wrong,and then proceed to tell the world that THIS time,your interpretation is right.Unless it's shown to be wrong yet again,and then yet again your side will rewrite the rules to explain away the latest failure.
The claim was first floated in the book. "The Late Great Planet Earth" Authored by Hal Linsey. Preachers did pick up on it, and pushed it. Still the Bible itself never said 40 years. Again your still pointing to what some men said. And you do this, when Scripture tells us not to. Jesus only said. That generation will not pass away until all end time prophecies will be fulfilled. Another words. Even if you had only five people alive that were born in the year 1948, the generation would still not of passed away. And I might add here, that not everyone bought into that belief. And that is because there were so many other prophecies that had to be fulfilled. And those prophecies could not of been fulfilled in that time frame.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,903,524 times
Quote:
Again your still pointing to what some men said. And you do this, when Scripture tells us not to.
You mean like you believe frauds such as NAMI, Ron Wyatt and a host of other lunatics? Scripture tells you not to do that Campo.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,903,444 times
Uh,let me introduce myself, my name is Dusty and I equally disbelieve in every single one of the various gods I have heard about in the last 60+ years. Not a single one of them makes good sense to me.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:16 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,595,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Uh,let me introduce myself, my name is Dusty and I equally disbelieve in every single one of the various gods I have heard about in the last 60+ years. Not a single one of them makes good sense to me.
Good for you. Since you say it; it must be true.

I, on the other hand, with my 60+ years have found the opposite to be true. And very strongly so.

To which I say: I wish you a good evening.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,232,293 times
The whole 40 years generation ties in with the back calculations of Daniels 490 weeks and the lost generation. These weeks were calculated backwards to a generation being 40 years because a week is not a week when theists want it to mean something else. Likewise a day is not a literal day and so much of the mental gymnastics they employ.

I call it "connect the MISSING DOTS theology"

Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,599,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Good for you. Since you say it; it must be true.

I, on the other hand, with my 60+ years have found the opposite to be true. And very strongly so.

To which I say: I wish you a good evening.
Interesting that you are both looking at the very same evidence, and come up with such a disparity in your conclusions.

That evidence? Absolutely NONE

In my 60+ years I also have observed the very same evidence, and logic, reason, and just common sense completely dispels any and all gods, major ones or minor ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality