Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:15 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,598,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Christianity goes way beyond a mere sham. It is the greatest hoax ever pulled on humanity, and at the same time the cruelest joke ever played on the gullible.

Your opinion.

Not much more.

Care to provide proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,425,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talitacumi81 View Post
The Truth is this: JESUS. HE is the only way (to GOD the Father and the Creator of the world and everything that is in it), the truth and the life. EVERYTHIHNG writtten in te BIBLE is TRUTH. IS the only book inspired by the Holy SPIRIT although it was written by man. Why some people are just spreading lies and slanders about Christianity? its simple. We are living the last days in the earth and the Enemy of our souls is trying to deceive as much poeple as he can, because his time is about to end. Read the book of Revelation. Read Matthew 24. Everything the JESUS said more than 2000 yrs ago it's happening now!!! How can still people say that Christianity is a sham if it is not because something is hindering the truth from them? what is it that makes these people so blinded that they cannot see the truth? Want to know? read 2 Corinthians 4:4. if you read through the whole scripture, you'll find out that there is NOTHING false in it. The enemy has his own people spreading all these lies about Christianity to bring confusion to the unbelievers and to the new believers. Most of the people that talk bad about Christianity ignored the scripture (Bible). If you ask most of them the following question: Have you read ever the Bible? or Do you know what the Bible says about what is going on in the world? most of them will say "Yes" I know the Bible, but they are lying, they don't know not even a bit. Spend some time and read it. Prove your self that there is nothing false about it. It will only set you free!!. Then you will know the truth. And the truth will set you free." John 8:32
Read the about history your religion and how it developed. The truth shall set you free.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:19 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,603,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Your opinion.

Not much more.

Care to provide proof?
The evening news most any day you care to pay attention

Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
You believe there is not a God who would care. That is the sin that started with Eve, and ends with knowing God's Fatherly-Buddha-like compassion for all of mankind through Jesus. There is a God who cares.
This comes across as rather mysogynistic.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:

Maybe Jesus was on to something. He said those who reject Him would be lost. Was Jesus crazy, a liar or who he said He was?
You forgot a fourth option: an invention.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,906,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talitacumi81 View Post
The Truth is this: JESUS. HE is the only way (to GOD the Father and the Creator of the world and everything that is in it), the truth and the life. EVERYTHIHNG writtten in te BIBLE is TRUTH.
Ah, but where you fall with a mighty crash is that if something is considered "true", it means that there is objective, testable and verifiable evidence to support that "truth". Unfortunately for you, your claims are not testable nor are they objective or verifiable. What is "true" is that your claim is your belief but not necessarily truth. Can your statement be supported with evidence that is objective, testable and verifiable...no it can't.

That is why you are instructed to have FAITH that it is true. If it were actually true then faith would not be necessary would it?

Quote:
IT is Satan who makes people suffer for an eternity.
...and he is more powerful than your god is he? I mean, he must be if your god can't stop him making the people he is supposed to love...suffer for eternity. If not then clearly, your god is quite happy and unperturbed about the suffering that is being inflicted on his "children". How does that work BP? I don't have any children but I'm sure that if I saw someone inflicting pain and suffering on them, I'd do my darnedest to put a stop to it but your god seems happy to just sit back and watch it happen.

Simply put--

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

Old 04-09-2011, 07:39 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,598,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The evening news most any day you care to pay attention

What was on the evening news? Was it the budget impasse?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,255,344 times
Quote:
IT is Satan who makes people suffer for an eternity.
well if your a christian then i dont know where you get that from

first of all satan is the one that does the tempting,in-fact thats all he's meant to be doing,it is God who then inflicts the punishment,which is funny enough,eternal torment,a punishment that cant befit any crime,you know that little verse,'reaping what you sow',well that means gettin back what you deserve,and you tell me what crime deservres eternal punishment.

second why has God given satan this power,it is He that gives and takes power,their's a bible verse to back that up too,as rafius said why would God allow some other being interfere with his creation if the out-come was an eternity of torture,something that He would have known even before He created it,would you have went ahead with life knowing that 99.9% of it was going to be left forever sufferingall because you let some chap called satan interfere.

and thirdly-satan is not a living entity but rather a metaphore of negativity,and the illusion of material nature-the satan as a demon thingy comes from persian pagan beleifs,thats where the jews picked it up.

tryin to blame satan on the worlds evil is one thing,tryin to blame satan that God has made a syatem of life that ultimatly has everyone suffering forever,is another,no-that was mans lies.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,603,434 times
Quote:

What was on the evening news? Was it the budget impasse?

An impasse due to religious beliefs, abortion. What is so infuriating is these idiots were so blinded by their religious based agenda they refuse to recognize that what they oppose doesn't fund abortion.

Please pay attention

Old 04-09-2011, 12:12 PM

591 posts, read 643,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah, but where you fall with a mighty crash is that if something is considered "true", it means that there is objective, testable and verifiable evidence to support that "truth". Unfortunately for you, your claims are not testable nor are they objective or verifiable. What is "true" is that your claim is your belief but not necessarily truth. Can your statement be supported with evidence that is objective, testable and verifiable...no it can't.

That is why you are instructed to have FAITH that it is true. If it were actually true then faith would not be necessary would it?

...and he is more powerful than your god is he? I mean, he must be if your god can't stop him making the people he is supposed to love...suffer for eternity. If not then clearly, your god is quite happy and unperturbed about the suffering that is being inflicted on his "children". How does that work BP? I don't have any children but I'm sure that if I saw someone inflicting pain and suffering on them, I'd do my darnedest to put a stop to it but your god seems happy to just sit back and watch it happen.

Simply put--

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

Jesus was sent to rid the world of Satan's influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality