Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:54 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

Why is it that some people (in general and a lot of people here) are so intent in saying the Christianity is a fraud, a sham, a lie?

One almost never sees that same kind of thing when it comes to Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism or Islam.

Gosh, I'll bet that more than half of the threads on this forum are about saying Christianity is a sham. Why is that? Why is it so important to some that Christianity be shown as not true?

I do find it interesting that so many on this forum find it important to say Christianity is bunk. I have my theories-mostly having to do with "what if what the NT says is really true".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 02:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why is it that some people (in general and a lot of people here) are so intent in saying the Christianity is a fraud, a sham, a lie?
Well..ummm...because it appears to be just that!

Quote:
One almost never sees that same kind of thing when it comes to Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism or Islam.
Perhaps you should read some of the post in the threads started by Muslims

Quote:
Gosh, I'll bet that more than half of the threads on this forum are about saying Christianity is a sham. Why is that? Why is it so important to some that Christianity be shown as not true?
Probably because many of us don't want our lives affected by laws being passed based on something that has no evidence to support it.

Quote:
I do find it interesting that so many on this forum find it important to say Christianity is bunk. I have my theories-mostly having to do with "what if what the NT says is really true".
Well as long as you keep your "theories" to yourself and don't try to pass them off as 'truth' whilst not having the slightest bit of objective, verifiable evidence to support what you say, we should get along well enough.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I don't believe Christianity is a "sham" per se, although I do believe it to be a man made religion - just like all the other religions. However, I don't really care. I mean - everyone is free to believe what they want to. And just because I don't think it's true - that doesn't mean that it isn't true. I could be wrong. It just doesn't ring true for me, therefore I don't believe in it, therefore I'm not a Christian. But if you do believe it to be true and you are a Christian, I see nothing wrong with it.

Do you want us all to believe Christianity to be true? Because I don't see that happening. And I'm not sure why it matters - we are all free to believe whatever we believe.

Does it matter to you that we all believe that your religion is correct?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:

This is a city data forum, which by definition means most users are Americans. The most common religion we come into contact with would then be christianity so it is not really surprising that it is the one most threads are about.

But if it makes you feel better, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc are all a sham too.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 PM

6 posts, read 7,773 times
The Truth is this: JESUS. HE is the only way (to GOD the Father and the Creator of the world and everything that is in it), the truth and the life. EVERYTHIHNG writtten in te BIBLE is TRUTH. IS the only book inspired by the Holy SPIRIT although it was written by man. Why some people are just spreading lies and slanders about Christianity? its simple. We are living the last days in the earth and the Enemy of our souls is trying to deceive as much poeple as he can, because his time is about to end. Read the book of Revelation. Read Matthew 24. Everything the JESUS said more than 2000 yrs ago it's happening now!!! How can still people say that Christianity is a sham if it is not because something is hindering the truth from them? what is it that makes these people so blinded that they cannot see the truth? Want to know? read 2 Corinthians 4:4. if you read through the whole scripture, you'll find out that there is NOTHING false in it. The enemy has his own people spreading all these lies about Christianity to bring confusion to the unbelievers and to the new believers. Most of the people that talk bad about Christianity ignored the scripture (Bible). If you ask most of them the following question: Have you read ever the Bible? or Do you know what the Bible says about what is going on in the world? most of them will say "Yes" I know the Bible, but they are lying, they don't know not even a bit. Spend some time and read it. Prove your self that there is nothing false about it. It will only set you free!!. Then you will know the truth. And the truth will set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by talitacumi81; 04-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: mispelled

Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM

591 posts, read 641,790 times
Quote:

Greatest thread ever.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
This is a city data forum, which by definition means most users are Americans. The most common religion we come into contact with would then be christianity so it is not really surprising that it is the one most threads are about.

But if it makes you feel better, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc are all a sham too.
Advertising, marketing, and public relations campaigns are very important. If those fail, then resort to threats.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talitacumi81 View Post
The Truth is this: JESUS. HE is the only way (to GOD the Father and the Creator of the world and everything that is in it), the truth and the life. EVERYTHIHNG writtten in te BIBLE is TRUTH. IS the only book inspired by the Holy SPIRIT although it was written by man. Why some people are just spreading lies and slanders about Christianity? its simple. We are living the last days in the earth and the Enemy of our souls is trying to deceive as much poeple as he can, because his time is about to end. Read the book of Revelation. Read Matthew 24. Everything the JESUS said more than 2000 yrs ago it's happening now!!! How can still people say that Christianity is a sham if it is not because something is hindering the truth from them? what is it that makes these people so blinded that they cannot see the truth? Want to know? read 2 Corinthians 4:4. if you read through the whole scripture, you'll find out that there is NOTHING false in it. The enemy has his own people spreading all these lies about Christianity to bring confusion to the unbelievers and to the new believers. Most of the people that talk bad about Christianity ignored the scripture (Bible). If you ask most of them the following question: Have you read ever the Bible? or Do you know what the Bible says about what is going on in the world? most of them will say "Yes" I know the Bible, but they are lying, they don't know not even a bit. Spend some time and read it. Prove your self that there is nothing false about it. It will only set you free!!. Then you will know the truth. And the truth will set you free." John 8:32

YOUR truth anyway.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
Christians(not all) are much more evangelical and intrusive than any other religion in America. You don't see many Jews, buddhists or hindus out 'spreading the word' or trying to get others to believe as they do. Christians tend to be much more vocal about going around telling nonbelievers they're wicked and worthless hedonists whom can only live meaningless lives of despair and immorality and are going to burn for eternity. I've never had a jew, muslim, hindu or buddhist do that sort of things. Christians on the otherhand, much moreso. This is main reason christianity is targeted moreso than any other religion.
Example, I've never had a jew come up, wagging their finger saying 'turn ye foolish sinner or thou shalt burn for your wickedness.'
The majority of people that have the 'one true way' mentality spread that sort of mentality around belong to the christian faith.

Not to mention that the vast majority of people trying to legislate their personal religious beliefs into government are christians.

Mind you not all christians are like this, but the majority of people that do these things belong to the christian faith.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 04-08-2011 at 03:56 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 03:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:

Probably because Christianity is the 500 lb gorilla in the room...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality